2016 FFA Cup Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I was happy to see Canberra Olympic go through. They weren't my team when I was living in Canberra, but when you've lived in minnow football areas like Canberra and Tassie (as I have) I love watching their representatives do well.

I wonder if anyone is feeding Mark Rudan. Christ he's lost some weight since last season! He'd be at, or possibly even under his playing weight at the moment.

FT results Round of 16 week 1

Brisbane strikes 1 Melbourne City 2
Hume City 0 Melbourne Victory 1
Canberra Olympic 2
Redlands United 0
Blacktown City 3 Bonnyrigg WhiteEagles 0

5 penalties out of them too - that's an interesting little tid bit too I reckon. I doubt that happens too often.

The magic of the cup didn't inspire my club Melbourne victory to a good performance tonight, all that matters is that we get through I suppose. Great performance from the Brisbane strikers, they were unlucky not to go 2-0 up, imagine what could have been.
I don't want to imagine!

Went to Hume and it was good in terms of the event, but the game itself was putrid. Worst FFA Cup game I've been to actually. Which idiot decided to segregate the fans? There were as many Victory fans on the Hume side of the fence as there were in the Victory part of the ground anyway! Still the kebabs are great there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't believe Benteigh Greens haven't scored! Hope Devonport can steal it, but I'm not sure how they're going to.

Commentators are massive flogs. Just call the game, no one care about your Roy and HG impression :mad:

Can't believe Benteigh Greens haven't scored! Hope Devonport can steal it, but I'm not sure how they're going to.

Commentators are massive flogs. Just call the game, no one care about your Roy and HG impression :mad:
no offence, but it is their thing. they become big when South Hobart hosted the Tuggers in the first FFA Cup live stream 3 years ago. they even travelled up to Sydney last year to do radio coverage for the Tassie listeners as they do all the games in Tassie. they very knowledgeable of the local game and are mostly Hobart based. i like it but heck, i am a local.

The bus must be bogged in the rain.

Been a while since i have gone down to Valley Raod but when did they installed the scoreboard. and it is counting down hahaha.

This is still a great performance by Devonport. we are a small state with little football pedigree. and we are level after 85 mins with the champs of Victoria. we are in a golden age of Tassie football/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back