List Mgmt. 2016 Hypothetical draft, trade and free agency thread

what to do with Pick 10?

• continue trying to trade with GCS for JOM?

Votes: 26 66.7%
  • draft a youngster

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Rockliff

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Hartlett

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this is a pisstake or not but it is an eagle

There is no clear taxonomic differentiation between eagles and hawks.

The Accipitridae is also more commonly known as the Hawk family -- this includes eagles, hawks, kites and old world vultures.

As the Eagle is part of the Hawk family it is safe to say that Hawthorn owns West Coast and Cyril knows it !

;)

There is no clear taxonomic differentiation between eagles and hawks.

The Accipitridae is also more commonly known as the Hawk family -- this includes eagles, hawks, kites and old world vultures.

As the Eagle is part of the Hawk family it is safe to say that Hawthorn owns West Coast and Cyril knows it !

;)
I think it's a hawk... Always will. Inspired my back tatt which is a hawk!

I don't know if this is a pisstake or not but it is an eagle

You've posted this before - and gave no validation to it. Anything to back this up? The beak and wings certainly look more hawk-like to me.

There are certain players who, over my many years of following the Hawks I would consider 'are Hawthorn,' and Cyril and Rough fall into that category. By saying this I am inferring that I could never see them playing for an opposition club. Over the years a few have disappointed me, going back to who, from memory, was my very first favourite player, Colin Austen, and he went to Richmond.
Thai, was that because a committee member promised him the captaincy and he didn't get it?

Felt real anger at my own club watching Rowlings play for the Tigers.
Was gutted seeing Dermie wear Swans and Woods colors.
Absolutely stunned watching Jars big behind in the Crows forward line.
And still sucks seeing Buddy wrap his arms around mongrel Swans teammates.

Not sure I'm too good at the moving on caper......
To be fair to our club, Rowlings had a knee, Dermie was a wreck and the club was broke.
Jarman wanted to go home and Buddy chased money and an alternative place to have a meltdown.
The club only made a mistake not persevering with Rowlings.

Thai, was that because a committee member promised him the captaincy and he didn't get it?
Actually Lucky, it was because his mate, Alec Albiston was replaced as coach by Bob McCaskill. Austin's brother used to deliver the bread to our house in Swinburne Avenue, at the time. Ironically in 1950 we didn't win a game.

To be fair to our club, Rowlings had a knee, Dermie was a wreck and the club was broke.
Jarman wanted to go home and Buddy chased money and an alternative place to have a meltdown.
The club only made a mistake not persevering with Rowlings.

I reckon, on form, not reputation, we are well in front with players changing clubs for whatever reason.

Actually Lucky, it was because his mate, Alec Albiston was replaced as coach by Bob McCaskill. Austin's brother used to deliver the bread to our house in Swinburne Avenue, at the time. Ironically in 1950 we didn't win a game.
Love these old Hawthorn stories.

Hill is a much better fit for the WCE. Delist Jetta. If I was Darling or Kennedy I would be asking Simpson to make it happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's one theoretical outcome:

Pick 14 plus TOB for T Mitchell

Pick 50 plus 2017 First round plus Liam Shiels, for JOM and pick 40.

3 way
- we lose Brad Hill and pick 32, gain Freo 2017 First rounder
- Freo lose pick 57 plus 2017 First round, gain Hill and McCarthy
- Giants lose McCarthy, gain pick 32 and 57.

Then maybe:

3 way:
- we lose pick 40 and 68, gain Witts
- Pies lose 25 and Witts, gain 17 and 68.
- GWS lose pick 17, gain 25 and 40.

And maybe, just maybe, if Bruest rumors are true:
- Bruest and Freo 2017 First to GWS for Tomlinson and Kelly.

Haha brilliant.. People get so wound up about their boys in brown and gold, when you present a pov that's so far removed from theirs they struggle to deal with it. I know how they feel, I feel that way game day when I see Birch take half an hour to drop the ball to his foot or BB jump half a cm off the ground.

We all love the Hawks, we show our passion in different ways, it's just sad when people play the man and not the ball in here, that's the biggest sign of ones weakness.
Another reason I admire professional footballers: their ability to present to play at less than 100% because it helps the team even at the risk of their reputation (unless they are Gary Ablett).

Here's one theoretical outcome:

Pick 14 plus TOB for T Mitchell

Pick 50 plus 2017 First round plus Liam Shiels, for JOM and pick 40.

3 way
- we lose Brad Hill and pick 32, gain Freo 2017 First rounder
- Freo lose pick 57 plus 2017 First round, gain Hill and McCarthy
- Giants lose McCarthy, gain pick 32 and 57.

Then maybe:

3 way:
- we lose pick 40 and 68, gain Witts
- Pies lose 25 and Witts, gain 17 and 68.
- GWS lose pick 17, gain 25 and 40.

And maybe, just maybe, if Bruest rumors are true:
- Bruest and Freo 2017 First to GWS for Tomlinson and Kelly.

We need to keep Shiels.

Surely no way Breust is going anywhere. Dangerous forward who is elite. Sicily maybe but I hope not.

Rioli Gunston Poppy
Breust Roughead or (Player x) Burton

I can live with that. Having no proper tall killed us this year. Add that player and we have one of the best forward line in the game.

I reckon Rioli, Gunston, Poppy and Breust are not negotiable.

With our success drafting Smith, Puopolo and Stratton as mature age recruits, I think this year or next is the time to do it again.

The Cats had their trade boom last year but also added Menegola who is already a more than serviceable AFL mid and Ruggles who has shown some great promise as a small Def. Along with the 4 they traded for and Menzel and McCarthy finally overcoming their injuries the Cats essentially added 8 B22 players in one offseason.

The last few years it has made sense for us to bring in the kids to prepare for life after our A grade vets, but I think there is an awkward gap atm where a young mature age mid (Gibbons? Etc) might have a role to play.

Anyone out there worth a look?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back