Injury 2016 Injury Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it just for new injuries that you can't put people on the LTI?

Are existing injuries players finally succumb to treated differently?
Injuries can be pre-existing. The only catch is that the player has to remain on the LTI list for a minimum of 8 weeks from the date that they're added.

Players can't play at any level while they're on the LTI list. If they're fit enough to play, then they're not injured, so they shouldn't be on an injury list!

He was one of our best players in rounds 2, 3, 6 and 11.

In R7 he had limited game time - it was a Sunday game, the senior team were playing the following Friday, and they wanted him to be fresh in case he was required. From memory, Lyons was also time-managed for that game. He was clearly one of our best players during the (limited) time he did spend on the ground (yes, I got to watch that game on TV).

That just leaves R5 and R14 - and he was injured during the R14 match.

That's 5 of 6 completed games where he was one of our best players, so yes, I'd call that "regular".
Stahp.

Poor Sam, he cant take a trick.
Has had a wretched run with injury with the Crows. I hope he will recover soon.
I now think that it looks like it is too serious to play on. I wonder what happens at the end of the year, does he retire ?

Injuries can be pre-existing. The only catch is that the player has to remain on the LTI list for a minimum of 8 weeks from the date that they're added.

Players can't play at any level while they're on the LTI list. If they're fit enough to play, then they're not injured, so they shouldn't be on an injury list!
The reason I believe it was round 18 was because that's 8 weeks until the end of the season. So means they can't play again that year.

I can't see any point in sticking someone on LTI (like richmond & melbourne) when there's only 2 games left of their season except to play a rookie. The 8 week rule is irrelevant for them.

The reason I believe it was round 18 was because that's 8 weeks until the end of the season. So means they can't play again that year.

I can't see any point in sticking someone on LTI (like richmond & melbourne) when there's only 2 games left of their season except to play a rookie. The 8 week rule is irrelevant for them.
I believe you're right. It makes perfect sense. The question then is why Adelaide & Melbourne have been allowed to do it ahead of R22?

Injury Update August 29

Injured Players
Player | Injury | Since | Expected Length | Expected Return
\Paul Seedsman|Corked buttock|Round 20|Test|1st SANFL Final
\Brodie Smith|Concussion|Round 22|Test|Elimination Final
\Tom Doedee|Rib sprain|Round 23 Training|Test|1st SANFL Final
\Nathan van Berlo|Foot|Round 23 Training|Test|1st SANFL Final
\Luke Lowden|Ankle|Round 21|Test|1st SANFL Final
\Alex Keath|Back|Round 21|1 week|2nd SANFL Final
\Sam Shaw|Concussion Symptoms|Round 21 Training|Season|

Jenkins said on 3aw he has been dealing with an ankle issue for the second half of the season, will get surgery at the end of the season.

Not really a surprise but looked to have a his ankle strapped up with ice, for memory he hurt it about a month or so ago?

Did he have some kind of ankle/foot surgery last off-season or am I imagining things there?

Not really a surprise but looked to have a his ankle strapped up with ice, for memory he hurt it about a month or so ago?

Did he have some kind of ankle/foot surgery last off-season or am I imagining things there?
Broke his foot 2 years ago and missed preseason didn't he?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder what this hamstring injury will mean for CEY's possible trade.

Wonder what this hamstring injury will mean for CEY's possible trade.

Not a damn problem it's a hamstring!

Also it's not too bad as he went off at the end of the first quarter to the rooms and there was no ice on it. He came back out on the field to walk slowly to the bench part the way through the second quarter and there was a pressure bandage on his leg. Not once was there ice put visibly on his hamstring. If it was a serious hamstring, expect ice to have been applied asap. That didn't happen.

Not a damn problem it's a hamstring!

Also it's not too bad as he went off at the end of the first quarter to the rooms and there was no ice on it. He came back out on the field to walk slowly to the bench part the way through the second quarter and there was a pressure bandage on his leg. Not once was there ice put visibly on his hamstring. If it was a serious hamstring, expect ice to have been applied asap. That didn't happen.
Ah cool. Good news

Off-Season Report:

Talia has an adductor injury, 2-3 week recovery
Lever has a "reasonably serious" ankle injury. 4-6 weeks in a moon boot + a few extra weeks before running
Cheney and Brown have been managing groin injuries for a while, modified program before Christmas
Tom Lynch knee clean up surgery, 4-6 week recovery, normal pre-season
Jenkins ankle clean up, normal pre season

Off-Season Report:

Talia has an adductor injury, 2-3 week recovery
Lever has a "reasonably serious" ankle injury. 4-6 weeks in a moon boot + a few extra weeks before running
Cheney and Brown have been managing groin injuries for a while, modified program before Christmas
Tom Lynch knee clean up surgery, 4-6 week recovery, normal pre-season
Jenkins ankle clean up, normal pre season
You look at those and our Prelim team would have been very light on :(

Cheney, Brown, Lynch and Jenkins would've all played.
Those 4 all would have played had we won, but I'd suggest 2 of them (Jerka and Browny) should not have played the qualifying final as they were clearly hampered.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back