List Mgmt. 2016 List Management thread - 2017 list complete

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair question; I feel like sometimes its hard to debate the value of Dawes because he's a real whipping boy on here.

Having said that, I really think Dawes' time is up. For two years now he has always been the 'he can help Hogan out' option - but I'm really yet to see it work out that way in a game. He can take a defender but that's pretty much it - and with the way footy is played these days, that defender can pretty smartly zone off on him to protect space around Hogan/be third man up. Watts essentially these days can take the defender, and is much more damaging offensively.

I think the plan next year if we have encounter doomsday defender scenario is - Garland and/or Pedersen back (as you say), and then we'd either play Weid as a forward or go with smaller forward line of

Kennedy | Watts | XX
Garlett | Hogan | Kent

XX = rotating mid - Truck, Bernie, Bray etc

All that assumes we know ahead of time that TMac/OMac etc are unavailable. If it happens during a game I'd say we're stuffed, but that would happen to most teams.

I'm with you, more just posing the question because I don't think weid will be ready next year
Fwiw Pedo can actually play that foil role because he takes bodies and lays tackles but I do think we are one utility thin
If I was Chris Dawes right now I'd be filthy at myself that with the height and size I am I couldn't even be average in the ruck because I'd have a 2 year contract extension in front of me for sure

I don't remember him playing, didn't we get him in 15?
We got him in 2014 as part of the list shake up, along with Riley, Tyson and Cross. Freo didn't want to let him go, but we got him. From memory he played one game there

We got him in 2014 as part of the list shake up, along with Riley, Tyson and Cross. Freo didn't want to let him go, but we got him. From memory he played one game there

I swore he came at the same time as newton, says a lot about his 2014 season I guess

Actually starting to wonder if we should re rookie dawes
If Tmac and Omac go down we can't have a Backline of Hibberd Garland and Frost if we wanna win games
Pedo can go back to play on a Walker/Hawkins type but then we need another work horse forward to help Hogan .. either that or we think Hulett can play next year

Hulett is more developed than Weideman, I'd expect him to at least debut next year.

I can't say I know anything about Hulett because I don't see much VFL coverage but do people think this kid will make it? Does he have AFL skills, does he do things that make you go wow?
Or is he just a strongly built 19 year old
Is he a Chris Mayne type? Tory Dickson? Jack Gunston? Kersten etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't say I know anything about Hulett because I don't see much VFL coverage but do people think this kid will make it? Does he have AFL skills, does he do things that make you go wow?

Very strongly built. Looks like he's in his 30s!!!

Only saw him 3 games all live, he seems very good on the lead in the forward 50, doesn't seem to be a crash packer and didn't win any 50/50 marking contest but there weren't many, he's also looks like he's good taking marks lower to the ground similar to Paddy McCartin. I'd say as a key forward he's best beating his opponent and then getting out on a lead. What he's also very good at for a big guy is his getting the ball off the ground and using it well, game at Sandringham kicked a ripper goal when he saved it from going out of bounds in the left forward pocket and then dribbled a kick strait through the goals curling it along the ground perfectly that Bruce would say Eddie Betts like. He style is more like a Jeremy Cameron than a Jesse Hogan. I think he certainly can make it at AFL level, I'm sure others have seen him more and have a better idea on him.

Taking a look at the team this year: the demons were expected to be on the top 10 but ended at 11th place. Still it's the best they've achieved in the last 9 years, while Jesse Hogan holds his position as a top goal scorrer since last year.

Taking a look at the team this year: the demons were expected to be on the top 10 but ended at 11th place. Still it's the best they've achieved in the last 9 years, while Jesse Hogan holds his position as a top goal scorrer since last year.
Cool...

Jack Fitzpatrick is back on the market.
As ridiculous as the situation would be he would actually be a pretty good fit at the dees since that the hawks got him on the protein shakes then turfed him. Fill that big man void.
Rookie Jack!

Jack Fitzpatrick is back on the market.
As ridiculous as the situation would be he would actually be a pretty good fit at the dees since that the hawks got him on the protein shakes then turfed him. Fill that big man void.
Rookie Jack!
I'm for it. Would come cheap

Yep Blackas87 is has made a good assessment. He is also good at leading out of the 50, marking on the chest, then turning and hitting another forward up inside 50.

I definitely think he has the skill set to make it as an AFL player. He probably just needs to work on consistency which is pretty normal for a young guy.

Hoping we pick up Brayshaw and Oscar McInerney (can't have too many OMacs on the team).

But I would really like to see Ben Cavarra get picked up. He's a very impressive, small midfielder who would add something special to round out our midfield.

After Caleb Daniel's performance this year, hopefully the recruiters will overlook his lack of height and give him a chance to prove himself at AFL level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back