Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me:

GAWN
Terls, Grimes, White, King

POSSIBLY GAWN/TRADE BAIT
Viv, Newton,Dunn, Garland, M Jones, ANB, JKH, Dawes, Pedo

Now I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if we threw ANB on the trade table simply because I rekon he's our only player in this category who could get us something in the second round if we are lucky..

Also I hate saying this but I'd be amazed if trenners makes it back.. My god he is bloody slow

Agree on Trenners, and I'd definitely be up for trading ANB. I understand why Trenners got another year to at least have a preseason but he is no chance of making it back.

Garland has been phoning it in since 2014, can't stand him in the side. I know he was pretty good in our terrible years but he has absolutely zero urgency in his game and looks like he doesn't give a s**t.

Agree on Trenners, and I'd definitely be up for trading ANB. I understand why Trenners got another year to at least have a preseason but he is no chance of making it back.

Garland has been phoning it in since 2014, can't stand him in the side. I know he was pretty good in our terrible years but he has absolutely zero urgency in his game and looks like he doesn't give a s**t.

Yeh garlo has gone backwards big time the last couple of years, although today I think he was clearly restricted by the corky? he copped last week..

hqdefault.jpg

From our senior list we need at least four spots for Hibberd and 3 draftees/rookie upgrades. Our current picks are 26, 44, 62, 80

-Trade pick 26 for Hibberd strait swap.

-Strait up delist Terlich and Grimes (both out of contract)

-Trade Dunn for a late pick up grade (Brisbane?), will likely not get much more than fourth round upgrade imo, pick 62 turns to 56

-With 2 years on his contract left, Garland will cost to delist so would try and trade him even for a 5th round upgrade if any takers, only 28 I'd think someone will give him a chance even if we have to pay some of his wage.

That should give us our 4 spots, Hibberd, pick 44, pick 56 and Rookie upgrade Wagner (would need to upgrade Wagner after losing all of Grimes, Garland and Dunn)

-Now I think our greatest list weakness is our ruck depth, Outside of Gawn and Spencer we have no ready made ruckman and if both go down injured we are stuffed, Mitch King very raw and injured this year is a while off. Delist Dawes and find a ready made depth ruckman who can be on the list for a year or 2 until Mitch King has his body right to play AFL.

-On verge of finals I think we need I think we need a bit more experience and leadership, I'd like to add Hamish Hartlett if we can come up with a trade, only 26, harder outside player that is Port's vice captain, after getting Bernie's career to turn around I'd back us to get the best out of Hartlett, Strait swap for next years first or next years second along with ANB? If Port don't accept we then move on. Strait swap of a first would involve delisting M.Jones or Newton

- Still with the experience and leadership adding a delisted free agent (or even 2 if we miss out on Hartlett), Boomer Harvey, Dal Santo, Bartel? Getting good experience and leadership into our joung side could push us into the 8, As I said before Matt Jones and Newton will be the ones making way if we can get 2 guys on to our list, possibly ANB if he's involved in a trade for Hartlett and the one of the other guys survives.

Out: Grimes, Terlich, Dunn, Garland, Dawes
In: Hibberd, Wagner, pick 44, pick 54, experienced ruckman

Potentially In: Hartlett, Brent Harvey
Potentially Out: Newton, M.Jones, 2017 1st rounder.

Trenners was cooked the last month of the season - I get why they still played him but he was looking terrible through the finals series.

I still think he can come good with some luck.

So what's up with Dunn? I thought he was a pretty handy KPD the last few years prior to 2016.
What happened this year? Injuries? He's past it? Never was any good?
Seems like you guys are pretty keen to get him out of the club for peanuts. Actually think he'd be good for Brisbane. Any intel on where his future lies?
Cheers lads

Last edited:
So what's up with Dunn? I thought he was a pretty hand KPD the last few years prior to 2016.
Seems like you guys are pretty keen to get him out of the club for peanuts. Actually think he'd be good for Brisbane. Any intel on where his future lies?
Cheers lads
Most likely will go to brissy
The club most likely wasn't playing him because they wanted to put stocks in the future. I'd much prefer to keep him

So what's up with Dunn? I thought he was a pretty hand KPD the last few years prior to 2016.
Cheers lads
Just struggled to adapt to the zone defence being the good one on one player he is. Personally i'd rather keep him and i hope he can find his way back in to the best 22

Just struggled to adapt to the zone defence being the good one on one player he is. Personally i'd rather keep him and i hope he can find his way back in to the best 22

Agree. Our back ups for KPD are very slim. Thought he was very stiff not to get more games this year. Great 1 on 1 defenders are hard to come by. We still struggle with big forwards like Hawkins. OMac needed some games, but was hardly up to it most of the year. Hopefully putting games into him pays off. Unless someone offers a silly trade, I'd like to see us keep Dunn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From our senior list we need at least four spots for Hibberd and 3 draftees/rookie upgrades. Our current picks are 26, 44, 62, 80

-Trade pick 26 for Hibberd strait swap.

-Strait up delist Terlich and Grimes (both out of contract)

-Trade Dunn for a late pick up grade (Brisbane?), will likely not get much more than fourth round upgrade imo, pick 62 turns to 56

-With 2 years on his contract left, Garland will cost to delist so would try and trade him even for a 5th round upgrade if any takers, only 28 I'd think someone will give him a chance even if we have to pay some of his wage.

That should give us our 4 spots, Hibberd, pick 44, pick 56 and Rookie upgrade Wagner (would need to upgrade Wagner after losing all of Grimes, Garland and Dunn)

-Now I think our greatest list weakness is our ruck depth, Outside of Gawn and Spencer we have no ready made ruckman and if both go down injured we are stuffed, Mitch King very raw and injured this year is a while off. Delist Dawes and find a ready made depth ruckman who can be on the list for a year or 2 until Mitch King has his body right to play AFL.

-On verge of finals I think we need I think we need a bit more experience and leadership, I'd like to add Hamish Hartlett if we can come up with a trade, only 26, harder outside player that is Port's vice captain, after getting Bernie's career to turn around I'd back us to get the best out of Hartlett, Strait swap for next years first or next years second along with ANB? If Port don't accept we then move on. Strait swap of a first would involve delisting M.Jones or Newton

- Still with the experience and leadership adding a delisted free agent (or even 2 if we miss out on Hartlett), Boomer Harvey, Dal Santo, Bartel? Getting good experience and leadership into our joung side could push us into the 8, As I said before Matt Jones and Newton will be the ones making way if we can get 2 guys on to our list, possibly ANB if he's involved in a trade for Hartlett and the one of the other guys survives.

Out: Grimes, Terlich, Dunn, Garland, Dawes
In: Hibberd, Wagner, pick 44, pick 54, experienced ruckman

Potentially In: Hartlett, Brent Harvey
Potentially Out: Newton, M.Jones, 2017 1st rounder.

I like all of this..

The only thing I disagree with is Dunn's value.

I think a 4th round pick upgraded to a 3rd rounder is closer IMO.

I like all of this..

The only thing I disagree with is Dunn's value.

I think a 4th round pick upgraded to a 3rd rounder is closer IMO.
Lions don't have a 3rd, gave it to Geelong

Dean Terlich is officially gone. Sad day for football

Matt Jones had an ok year tbh. But deserved to go. Same with Terlich. The fact we will have Hibberd and Melksham basically play Grimes role, pretty much sealed the deal for Jack unfortunately. Newton and Michie must be just hanging on by a thread! Same with the boys on the rookie list White and King. 3 delistings isn't enough to get us into the draft fully yet, so there will be more I'm assuming, unless one or two want to get traded...

The fact Chrish hasn't been delisted yet concerns me regarding Hogan's future...

Won't get delisted yet, the club is probably still hopeful for someone to get desperate enough to put an ad in the paper for an "experienced Premiership-winning key forward".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back