13. Perryman
14. Parfitt
15. Berry
16. Daicos
17. Zurhaar
18. Scrimshaw
19. Florent
20. Graham

Probably about 10 other 200+ gamers missing that list too minimum.

Draft is crazy deep went through it and counted around 48 players who are best 22ish quality.

Would be interesting so see what Larkey and Zurhaar could do as 2nd and 3rd KPFs.
Agree - we really need to give them some decent help.

Still he stats are very similar to Oscar Allen this year who most rate in the top 5 in the 2017 thread.

1 is playing as the number 1 forward - the other as the 3rd key forward. 1 gets Steven May - the other gets Harry Petty.

Draft is crazy deep went through it and counted around 48 players who are best 22ish quality.
You're right there are lots of good players missing from the list of 20:

Larkey, Fisher, SPP, Long, De Boer, Narkle, Draper, Henry, McInerney, Settlefield, Hayward.

Larkey, Fisher, SPP, Long, De Boer, Narkle, Draper, Henry, McInerney, Settlefield, Hayward.

Logue, SPS, Ainsworth, T.Marshall, Cumming, Witherden, Cox, Battle, Lewis, Waterman, O’Connor and Ladhams. There’s even more I didn’t name who have a good chance of making it.

Would you really take Jarred Berry, Parfitt and Daicos over Zurhaar? Berry has played 4 games this year averaging 10 touches in 2021.
A bit over 2 years ago Berry looked like he could have been even better than McCluggage but since then just seems to run into injury/sickness every time he looks to take off. If you look back in this thread I think a lot of people would have had him top 10 and now he is in danger of dropping outside the top 20

For me some of the later picks are what make this draft really good for the cats at least. Narkle and Henry you mentioned, we also picked up Sav who has things to work on still but was a pick 42 kpf. In the rookie draft to go with Henry also picked up Jamaine Jones who is doing reasonably well at West coast, and Sam Simpson who despite a very slow start smashed the door down late last year (before smashing into Sam Menegola). Also Zach Guthrie but I guess you can't get them all right.

This one draft is nearly a fifth of our current list 5 years later and we didn't have 1st round pick. Just crazy depth

Would you really take Jarred Berry, Parfitt and Daicos over Zurhaar? Berry has played 4 games this year averaging 10 touches in 2021.
Admittedly it's close.....but I do tend to have a bit of a bias towards mids here so I think they will end up ahead of Zurhaar in the long run, yeah. Berry's had a s**t year through injury but before that was tracking to be really, really good. If he gets over the injuries I reckon he'll be a star.

As for Larkey, I think I had him 21st or something. So very unlucky, but he's not the only bloke that missed out that would be in the Top 20 in most redrafts.

A bit over 2 years ago Berry looked like he could have been even better than McCluggage but since then just seems to run into injury/sickness every time he looks to take off. If you look back in this thread I think a lot of people would have had him top 10 and now he is in danger of dropping outside the top 20

Once Berry is back to full fitness he'll be back in the 10

Jack Henry would go top 10 in a redraft. Stupidly good defender he’s become.

I mean he's no slouch but who would you put him ahead of McCluggage, Taranto, McGrath, Bolton, Stewart, R Marshall, Darcy, Ridley, Ryan, English, Bowes, Simpkin? That's just 12 I can think of

Top 10 is probably getting a bit early but he has dialled up his game 10 fold this year. It's crazy to think that he was a failed forward months away from almost certain delisting, got thrown in the backline in the seniors on 2 weeks or so notice having never spent any time as a defender and never having played a senior match, and nearly hasn't missed a game since.

This draft is really deep and really tight on quality. It could be that I watch him more but I'd take Parfitt over Zurhaar. My impression is Zurhaar can be very inconsistent and can go long periods without having an impact although that could be partly because of the position and team he's playing in.

I think people see Parfitt's stats and think we play him as a defensive midfielder or forward because he doesn't win much ball. But every time he's let off the leash he dominates (30+ touches and was bog against both a North and Collingwood). Parfitt's playing those defensive roles because a guy like Selwood can't play that role even though Parfitt might now be a better ball winner than Selwood. We're clearly a better team with Selwood full time mid and Parfitt being more defensive than the other way but that's cause Selwood can't defend rather than cause Parfitt isn't a good ball winner.

So what's a gun defensive player who's shown the ability to win a lot of ball and has some tricks worth? I'd say like a lot of this draft he could go top 5 if it was redone or he could miss the top 20. It's just that tight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This draft is really deep and really tight on quality. It could be that I watch him more but I'd take Parfitt over Zurhaar. My impression is Zurhaar can be very inconsistent and can go long periods without having an impact although that could be partly because of the position and team he's playing in.

I think people see Parfitt's stats and think we play him as a defensive midfielder or forward because he doesn't win much ball. But every time he's let off the leash he dominates (30+ touches and was bog against both a North and Collingwood). Parfitt's playing those defensive roles because a guy like Selwood can't play that role even though Parfitt might now be a better ball winner than Selwood. We're clearly a better team with Selwood full time mid and Parfitt being more defensive than the other way but that's cause Selwood can't defend rather than cause Parfitt isn't a good ball winner.

So what's a gun defensive player who's shown the ability to win a lot of ball and has some tricks worth? I'd say like a lot of this draft he could go top 5 if it was redone or he could miss the top 20. It's just that tight.
Since the bye Zurhaar has been great and polled coaches votes in 4 of the last 6 games. He is a big reason our form has also swung - he has also played well against some of the better teams in the comp.

I was listening to Bob Murphy debate on SEN about who he would take out of Zurhaar, Stringer and De Goey. He ended up picking Zurhaar.

I mean he's no slouch but who would you put him ahead of McCluggage, Taranto, McGrath, Bolton, Stewart, R Marshall, Darcy, Ridley, Ryan, English, Bowes, Simpkin? That's just 12 I can think of
I’d have him before Marshall and English, and possibly Darcy pending how much more he breaks out. I’d easily take him before Bowes and possibly Taranto too.

I’d have him before Marshall and English, and possibly Darcy pending how much more he breaks out. I’d easily take him before Bowes and possibly Taranto too.
You'd take Jack Henry ahead of Taranto, Marshall, English and Darcy?????

That's a bold take...

Since the bye Zurhaar has been great and polled coaches votes in 4 of the last 6 games. He is a big reason our form has also swung - he has also played well against some of the better teams in the comp.

I was listening to Bob Murphy debate on SEN about who he would take out of Zurhaar, Stringer and De Goey. He ended up picking Zurhaar.

Cam Zurhaar has been a solid player at North. Did well ve West coast in Perth.

Would love him in freo colours. Not bad for a medium tall. Surpised freo didnt look at him in the 2016 draft.

Must've been like a countdown to his top preference.

Nope he preferred Cam to the other 2 - maybe he took into consideration professionalism and family ethics.
Agree.

Certainly seems it wasn't based on football alone.

Could be based on a lack of s**t tattoos, difficulty of a scrabble hand based on surnames, most punchable head (although that's a hard one to split) but on football ability it is a wrong call.

You'd take Jack Henry ahead of Taranto, Marshall, English and Darcy?????

That's a bold take...
Yes yes yes and yes. Rucks are dime a dozen, Taranto is the most overrated player running around. Henry is a star.

Yes yes yes and yes. Rucks are dime a dozen, Taranto is the most overrated player running around. Henry is a star.
I mean, I completely disagree given I've watched Darcy almost single handily win us games this year.

Calling Jack Henry a handy player would be about the highest praise I can give him...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back