2017/18 Melbourne Victory Thread. We Are The Champions!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Brown, Deng, Williams and Roux is a solid enough back 4 as it stands.
Then you have Broxham fill the void in any of those positions.

We are also linked to Spiranovic which would be an awesome signing.

Heard this rumour too it’s pretty strong that Muscat is after him would be an awesome signing Spiranovic and Williams together, mouth watering! Though Popa is also interested in getting him over to Perth. Gonna be a case of show me the money to get him.

I think people have been quick to forget how instrumental Valeri was over the last ~6 weeks of the season. We don't win the GF if Valeri isn't bossing the defensive midfield and freeing up Antonis.

Ray Gatt twitted that George is done with A-league. Had offers from Victory, City, Jets and Wanderers but none of them were marquee offers.

FFS give him marquee status and coin.

Ray Gatt twitted that George is done with A-league. Had offers from Victory, City, Jets and Wanderers but none of them were marquee offers.

Troisi and Bes put a stop to that.
Losing quality imports like George is why the league needs to either lift or scrap the cap.

Troisi and Bes put a stop to that.
Losing quality imports like George is why the league needs to either lift or scrap the cap.

I thought Bes was going to be leaving but I assume the offers he would have received from any other leagues weren't as flattering as he might have assumed.
This is where the A League also needs some flexibility in the salary cap, should be able to offer an established player who has brought people through the gates and greatly increased their product some additional money somehow. Not sure how it could be done but allow every club a "retain fund" where you're able to pay one squad member an additional fee for retaining their services. Probably also help stop the recycling of players as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm torn on getting rid of the cap. It needs to go up however. Fair bit up too.
Yeah, same here. I don't think it should go but clubs need more flexibility within it unless we're forever going to lose players to other leagues. Definitely need to adjust the loyalty scheme that has Broxhams wage being partially outside of the cap. It should commence after 3 years imo and increase the percentage from there. Teams need legends of the club and it's a good story for the league so should be more encouragement to have players who don't chip and change every two years for an extra 50k.

* really hope not but suspect it is correct.

I liked donachie - sad to see him leave.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back