2017 Chat with the Club - now with answers see OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Long bow to what was being discussed .....try staying on topic Kane
Perhaps, but AFC read this board & certainly keep track of this thread, so I would hate for them to get any idea we don't appreciate their imcolvment. The player interviews are particularly enjoyed by much of the board & it's important the club know we appreciate this.

The pre-judging of the meeting with the club is akin to some posters pre-judging a new drafted, without even knowing who they are. It's not difficult to wait a few days after we can hear & read about the meeting to make comment, including how the process can be improved next time.

I'm really appreciative of the time put into this by both posters & club, so would hate that this is sabotaged in any way as we would be poorer without it.

No good deed goes unpunished

Look, I think we need to consider everything that forming an angry mob and chasing the pod casters up a tree has to offer us. How will we know if its for us without that sort of analysis?

Boy, the 'it belongs to the bigfooty community' faction are going to be really pissed when they realise that bigfooty is a privately owned entity.
Don't think that is news to anyone, that the Chief & Bluey own bigfooty financially wise...but us as posters effectively have access to the Adelaide Board for our own benefit, within the rules of BF.

Not exactly how Bigfella told it. He accepts responsibility as a well meaning person would, but was failed in turn by the others who attended that meeting who didn't give a s**t whether the BF board got the minutes of the meeting. He was pretty clear about that.
Sort of lost interest in all this after getting doughnuts (the proverbial kind) last year, checked back to see if we had anything to read yet and stumbled into a grand shitfight that has been great reading thus far.

So as a legitimate question (I honestly don't know the answer), clearly Bigfella stepped aside, but how many of those that got a gig this year were also part of the "don't give a s**t" crew that did nothing (other than attend) last year?

Look, I think we need to consider everything that forming an angry mob and chasing the pod casters up a tree has to offer us. How will we know if its for us without that sort of analysis?
Analysis is not encouraged on this forum ....too many PC's

So as a legitimate question (I honestly don't know the answer), clearly Bigfella stepped aside, but how many of those that got a gig this year were also part of the "don't give a s**t" crew that did nothing (other than attend) last year?
All of them

I'm not going to go through this again, other than to say that "don't give a s**t" is a misrepresentation. We didn't have the notes, and we didn't have (nor could obtain) clearance from the club to release anything. In the absence of Allefgib we were caught between a rock and hard place in that regard.

To answer your question specifically, two of us from last year attended this year and, as has been made quite clear, both NikkiNoo and myself, along with macca23 , have worked hard to ensure that last year isn't repeated. For clarity, there were a few others who attended last year as well, including another mod. But hey, just fling s**t at the people trying to fix the problem, right?

Perhaps hold fire until the feedback from the club is out? I mean bloody hell, we only saw them 4 days ago ffs.

Last edited:
Also, anytime someone wants to skype in/engage in chat etc, there's plenty of opportunities to get involved and have your say. The one main reason we do it live is for exactly that - interaction. I'd encourage those with a view to get involved, because it makes for an even better show. Especially this year when we intend doing half time casts - the more interaction in that 20 mins, the better :)

How does one Skype in on the night?

you say we have been about to obtain more engagement each year.

I think what a lot of people are saying is that for the majority on big footy that is not the case. There was less engagement last year as there was no report of the meeting. All the year before I think there was the meeting plus 1 or 2 other Q&As.

You saying engagement has increased yearly actually really only strengthens the argument of those who say the engagement is to the benefit of a few.

Im not criticising your initiative to take over from the groundwork and what you are working toward with the Crow Cast. What I am saying is that its understandable from a BF board perspective that they feel the big footy engagement isn't what it was building toward.

IMO the best thing would be for you to keep doing your Crowcast thing and using your relationship now forged for that. For bigfooty a written Q&A with questions voted on and returned in writing would be more than sufficient as a few people meeting and eating muffins before getting that response changes nothing to everyone else. Its a matter of the club agreeing to that and someone taking the job on to contact the club, outline how this relationship started but how the recent meeting wasnt really a BF representation and that we would like to continue engagement on that level if the club was interested. We then compile and vote on questions and go from there and hope to do that 2 per year like initially set out.

What that takes though is someone committed and passionate enough about it to lead that so if there is someone I can see it happening but if not people cant continue to complain about how things have transpired

Excellent post and I hope this comes about.
Not sure that it will as there's a possibility this board has shot itself in the foot with the neverending sniping and whining at the club that goes on.
Let's play count the trolls

We have a Skype handle "aflcrowcast" which we sometimes open up for callers. We'll do this tomorrow night and people can Skype in if they like and ask us questions live.
I can just imagine Rucci opening up skype to take callers......
I'd have the popcorn out for listening to that.
I wont be calling in on skype, but theres a couple of posters who could make your night interesting too.
I hope you got good coffee ................. lol

I'm not going to go through this again, other than to say that "don't give a s**t" is a misrepresentation. We didn't have the notes, and we didn't have (nor could obtain) clearance from the club to release anything. In the absence of Allefgib we were caught between a rock and hard place in that regard.

Hang on, generally speaking I'm not ok with the mass pile on from people whom would have just the let the opportunity pass if it were up to them.

I think a lot of the criticism is unfair, but this is comment does stand out as pretty unlikely

You were all there, why did there have to be only one set of notes? Only 1 memory and recollection. What were you all doing, stuffing your faces with muffins and ignoring what was being said? /Wayne :D

Seriously, you were there this we had no notes thing is pretty thin

And the club clearly doesn't give a fig about the notes being approved, as it takes up more of their time. Witness how they don't care this time, and they don't care not having seen how you guys roll

Just stick to the much more effective line of we made something happen, not try to rework the past.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hang on, generally speaking I'm not ok with the mass pile on from people whom would have just the let the opportunity pass if it were up to them.

I think a lot of the criticism is unfair, but this is comment does stand out as pretty unlikely

You were all there, why did there have to be only one set of notes? Only 1 memory and recollection. What were you all doing, stuffing your faces with muffins and ignoring what was being said? /Wayne :D

Seriously, you were there this we had no notes thing is pretty thin

And the club clearly doesn't give a fig about the notes being approved, as it takes up more of their time. Witness how they don't care this time, and they don't care not having seen how you guys roll

Just stick to the much more effective line of we made something happen, not try to rework the past.
I'm not really too fussed mate, but when one guy says I'll get the notes together and don't say anything until the club has green lighted them, well I don't know what else were supposed to do. Bare in mind, at the time, we had no idea of @allefgibs circumstances so we took what he said at face value. By the time it became apparent that he had disappeared, there wasn't really going to be any way to retrieve the matter.

Hindsight, of course, is a beautiful thing. In any event, take it or leave it. As a group, we messed it up. This year, we haven't. That's about it :)

All of them

You are consistent WW. Consistently wrong :)

I wasn't part of the group that went last year. This was my first time and as far as I was concerned I was there in the capacity of a BigFooty member. Along with the others, we went through all the questions raised by BigFooty members - and these were the questions that were asked. To me it made good sense that CrowCast members were involved so that it could be discussed verbally for people to listen to as well as giving a written report.

Because of the confidence that the club had in the people talking to them, we were given 2 hours rather than the promised 1 hour max, with the club being very open in its discussions even to the point of telling us detail that I haven't seen in the press.

Now I'm wondering - why the fk did I bother?

I wasn't part of the group that went last year. This was my first time and as far as I was concerned I was there in the capacity of a BigFooty member. Along with the others, we went through all the questions raised by BigFooty members - and these were the questions that were asked. To me it made good sense that CrowCast members were involved so that it could be discussed verbally for people to listen to as well as giving a written report.

Because of the confidence that the club had in the people talking to them, we were given 2 hours rather than the promised 1 hour max, with the club being very open in its discussions even to the point of telling us detail that I haven't seen in the press.

Mrs Macca refuses to bake you muffins? Toast and veg only with your cup of tea. You bother for the same reason they all do and can't wait for the next one. You'd go alone if you could.

Not sure why you felt a need to reply to me, other than to shove your point up my ....

No, I'm not consistently wrong, nor are you consistently right

I appreciate that the vibe between the club and participants may have been good .... but we've both been in business long enough to know that Trust and Confidence are developed over time arriving from mutual desired outcomes

I sincerely hope the club is able to develop a bridge of clear communication and messaging with the Big Footy community .... but Macca that's not one meeting nor player interviews ... it's also the ongoing ability for the club to clear message issues that befall the club through-out the season ...how you and your cohorts achieve that will be interesting ....but player interviews, as refreshing as they are, do not achieve the clubs objectives from the relationship with Big Footy, simply Crowcast

And by saying that Iam not in any way criticising the program for trying to develop a listenership

Mrs Macca refuses to bake you muffins? Toast and veg only with your cup of tea. You bother for the same reason they all do and can't wait for the next one. You'd go alone if you could.

Matthew - not only are you wrong, I've had a gutsful of your constant rudeness. Why do you always have to be the negative smart-arse?

I went because I was invited to do so.

Matthew - not only are you wrong, I've had a gutsful of your constant rudeness. Why do you always have to be the negative smart-arse?

I went because I was invited to do so.

I'm not wrong, you went because having been asked, you wanted to go because it interests you. As did chatting with Triggy in the past. If you didn't want to go, you wouldn't have. And if you were asked to come back for a private catch up, you'd do that to provided your diaries aligned.

Let's not make out anyone is selflessly putting themselves out for the sole benefit of this board. The rest of the crew, not you, have already proven that's not the case as far as they're concerned. The only person who can make that claim is Bigfella, who did the hard yards and was the only one prepared last year to try and follow through.

I have my thoughts about how people that attend should be selected. That is not to say I don't value the time and effort of those that have attended so far. I shall also value the report that is to come after tomorrow night.
I've only listened to one Crowcast and enjoyed it. I'll tune in tomorrow night and possibly say a Skype g'day and hopefully add to the discussion. The question for me is whether or not Crowcast is a part of BF or an independent initiative by a bunch of people that just happen to belong to BF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back