List Mgmt. 2017 Draft Needs...

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello Adelaide fans.

Can any of you tell me if Adelaide are thinking of getting Fogarty. Eagles fans are hoping to get him at pick 21. Being a South Aussie, I thought you or Port might have him high on your lists.

Hello Adelaide fans.

Can any of you tell me if Adelaide are thinking of getting Fogarty. Eagles fans are hoping to get him at pick 21. Being a South Aussie, I thought you or Port might have him high on your lists.
Surely the Fogarty you speak of is the Victorian article

You're either taking the piss or you have some supreme optimists over in the West, he may have had a disappointing 2017 but his credits in 2016 won't see him plummet down the draft to that degree.
Not taking the piss and there are definately "some supreme optimists over here" :D

Last edited:
Not taking the piss and there are definately "some supreme optimists over here" :D
s2-quickmeme-com-49d-05f-jpg.619796

Last edited:
If they pick Victorian talent so be it but please exhaust all resources at checking out what is available here did they do that the last two years it appears not with what has been missed

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
The only SA lad worth 12 is Fogarty, so it's likely to be someone else.

I see you all are worried about picking up Victorians or non South Aussies. Eagles are a bit worried about retention as well. I am of the opinion both Adelaide and Eagles generally have a good player retention rate and we should pick the best available players. I know the Cameron and Lever thing hurts but if there are far better players at your picks who are not South Aussie then I think it is crazy to go for locals for the sake of it.

As an example, eagles fans are hoping for certain WA players who they would never pick if they weren't local. Overlooking far better VIC or SA options because of retention worries.

Use your early picks on the best talent and use your later picks on locals.
Obviously if you have the choice of a few players at your pick, you go for local.

I would rather pick the best and at least have some good trade bait, than pick someone local who may not make it.

Just my 2 cents worth. :D

I see you all are worried about picking up Victorians or non South Aussies. Eagles are a bit worried about retention as well. I am of the opinion both Adelaide and Eagles generally have a good player retention rate and we should pick the best available players. I know the Cameron and Lever thing hurts but if there are far better players at your picks who are not South Aussie then I think it is crazy to go for locals for the sake of it.

As an example, eagles fans are hoping for certain WA players who they would never pick if they weren't local. Overlooking far better VIC or SA options because of retention worries.

Use your early picks on the best talent and use your later picks on locals.
Obviously if you have the choice of a few players at your pick, you go for local.

I would rather pick the best and at least have some good trade bait, than pick someone local who may not make it.

Just my 2 cents worth. :D

Get a player for two years he does bugger all but trade him out rinse and repeat

Of course if the talent is poles apart you go the Vic kid but if it's a close call even slightly worse you go the home grown talent they usually cost you less to retain and are happy to stay

How do you feel at missing SPP last year a WA talent

I was thinking

Hayward over Gooch
Graham over pohlkoke

And the obvious one

Burton over Doedee

Still trying to fight the fight of why we should have gone for SA talent, despite history stating that idea is very stupid?

I suppose you trying is still in the cute stage, and not totally sad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get a player for two years he does bugger all but trade him out rinse and repeat

Of course if the talent is poles apart you go the Vic kid but if it's a close call even slightly worse you go the home grown talent they usually cost you less to retain and are happy to stay

How do you feel at missing SPP last year a WA talent

Gold Coast, GWS and Brisbane are really the only teams who "Get a player for two years he does bugger all but trade him out rinse and repeat"

I agree if its a close call you go for local.

Who is SPP?

What didn't you think graham was good in the big dance

And Burton talks for himself now doesn't he?

Graham was, and Burton was, but you are clinging to two small successes in a sea of failure for SA talent. After all, the best decision as a club we made is ignore SA talent because for the most part, they are failures. Certainly can't high road against a system that is proven to work, and work extremely well.

How is J Gallucci going? Are you excited by his potential? I haven't heard much about him.

Last year eagles basically had the choice between Gallucci and Venables. We chose Venables with pick 14 and you chose Gallucci with 15.
I made a note to try and keep an eye on Gallucci, to see if we screwed up. Venables looks good though and we should see him debut next year. I know Gallucci played one game for you.

Sam Powel Pepper

Of course. Yes he was my first pick last year at pick 14. We went for Venables who was my second choice. Would love to have SPP but in case you haven't seen Venables, he is an exact clone of Luke Shuey. Looks and playing style, so barring injuries, we have a good one there.

Still, if we had picked SPP, we may have got closer to the grand final, if we played him all year like Port did.

Graham was, and Burton was, but you are clinging to two small successes in a sea of failure for SA talent. After all, the best decision as a club we made is ignore SA talent because for the most part, they are failures. Certainly can't high road against a system that is proven to work, and work extremely well.

Like I said we went gooch over Hayward who played 20 games and a rising star nom

We chose Doedee over Burton runner up in the rising star

We chose pohlkoke instead of graham who stood Sloane in the GF and played well and kicked 3 goals

I'm not concerned about SPP as it's about trying to get SA talent that's any good and we have failed miserably the last two years in identifying it, there seems a pattern forming

Of course. Yes he was my first pick last year at pick 14. We went for Venables who was my second choice. Would love to have SPP but in case you haven't seen Venables, he is an exact clone of Luke Shuey. Looks and playing style, so barring injuries, we have a good one there.

Still, if we had picked SPP, we may have got closer to the grand final, if we played him all year like Port did.

That was a West Coast error as long as they don't continue to make those errors but we have done it two years in a row

Maybe they will work it out maybe they won't

I think looking at the recent trade period the call of home is becoming an issue with the whole league how do you limit the problem

If they pick Victorian talent so be it but please exhaust all resources at checking out what is available here did they do that the last two years it appears not with what has been missed

Jesus, you repeat the same s**t over and over again. You are the most boring poster on this board.

Doedee was an obvious need, and we had best possible access to Burton's medical reports. Let's see how he goes with a few years wear and tear on that knee. Obviously they knew his talent better than anyone - his ******* dad worked for us, ffs - and they knew his health better than anyone. They chose to pick the small defender instead.

Jesus, you repeat the same s**t over and over again. You are the most boring poster on this board.

Doedee was an obvious need, and we had best possible access to Burton's medical reports. Let's see how he goes with a few years wear and tear on that knee. Obviously they knew his talent better than anyone - his ******* dad worked for us, ffs - and they knew his health better than anyone. They chose to pick the small defender instead.

10 years ago and it was only for 24 months.

Am I the most boring poster or the 6 million Mackay posts at least he's played 150 afl games

Have you ever seen Vic Metro/Western Jet Daniel Venables play Marty??

Only problem Venables has is getting on the field, he's been injury prone the last couple of years and in his draft year 2016 made the U18 All Australian team with your boi Jack Graham after an outstanding Carnival, wouldn't be going the early crow there just yet, Venables has the tools and talent to be an absolute A grade AFL Mid/Forward. SPP did not make the 2016 AA team btw.

Are you saying he is better than SPP big call I am jealous of Port grabbing him

As for graham we could have had him infront if Pohlkoke at pick 50 odd even if we didn't pick him in the team at least he wouldn't have played against us in the GF where he matched Sloane and kicked 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back