Fantasy 2017 - Empire League Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

If you want to cut someone who is contracted what % is the cap hit?
%20 of their salary multiplied by years left on contract.
That cap hit stays on you for one year, then gets cleaned end of the year.

The salary cap is $90m total. Most people are hugging the $75-85m range, but when they end up with a ton of star players on big salaries, it gets hairy. People can TRADE players to free cap room, they wont get a cap hit for that. Only when they cut players.

This is also why the RFA Period is important.

You have all these players on 0 years left, so if you let them go, you free up cap room. Because there's no penalty multiplying by zero. So you have to decide which players with new salaries now are worth matching bids on, or retaining, and which are better let go to free cap space.

%20 of their salary multiplied by years left on contract.
That cap hit stays on you for one year, then gets cleaned end of the year.

The salary cap is $90m total. Most people are hugging the $75-85m range, but when they end up with a ton of star players on big salaries, it gets hairy. People can TRADE players to free cap room, they wont get a cap hit for that. Only when they cut players.

Cheers for the details drd23 and GG

Im in and i think ill take Dagless' team purely for the extra cap space to make some moves if i want.

Cheers for the details drd23 and GG

Im in and i think ill take Dagless' team purely for the extra cap space to make some moves if i want.
PM me your email addy so I can add you to the league.

You played Cutthroat last year yeah? Because if you did, then you already have a main login username to the MFL site. So when you get the email, all you have to do is click the link in there to have that league added to your MFL username.

PM me your email addy so I can add you to the league.

You played Cutthroat last year yeah? Because if you did, then you already have a main login username to the MFL site. So when you get the email, all you have to do is click the link in there to have that league added to your MFL username.

No, i told you cutthroat sucked :p

So, for example, JJ Watt has two years to run on his contract, his salary is 5.275m, even though he only scored 39points last year you would have to pay the same salary (5.275m) this year because when the owner gave him a contract for x years that was his previous years points that locked in that salary for x number of years?

A11dAtP0w3R

If you trade him in the off season the new person can lock him in at the low price when he awards his contract. So you can use that to your advantage as well by getting a better deal out of the trade possibly than would normally be the case.

It another angle in play.

A11dAtP0w3R

If you trade him in the off season the new person can lock him in at the low price when he awards his contract. So you can use that to your advantage as well by getting a better deal out of the trade possibly than would normally be the case.

It another angle in play.

Cheers mate.

Obviously i didn't even think to ask about something as important as this, i appreciate the advice and knowledge. :thumbsu:

Its honestly pretty tough for me to choose between the two teams, plenty of for and against for both teams, am i missing something that is obvious? Is one team clearly better than the other to your eye?

I have just paid for the new 2018 season. It only cost $52 AUD this year (for some reason). So more money will go into the prize-money than last year. I'll inform everyone about this later.

The new league link is.... https://www65.myfantasyleague.com/2018/home/70732#0

I'll create a new 2018 season thread later. First have to find one more owner.

Shupes division looks easier but ill stick with Dagless' team i think because of the points for last year, the cap room and only one starting QB per week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back