Fantasy 2017 - Empire League Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

COMPENSATORY FAQ

- If you PASS on a bid RFA, you earn a compensatory pick in the range 2nd round to 6th round

- Base Salary of that player determines value of comp pick round
  • $1m salary range = 6th round
  • $2m salary range = 5th round
  • $3m salary range = 4th round
  • $4m salary range = 3rd round
  • $5m+ salary range = 2nd round
- Comp picks will be added on at the end of that round's normal draft picks, and will be ordered from highest to lowest actual salary.

- If a Tagged Player is bid on and you PASS, you already earn that person's pick, so Tagged RFAs are exempt from earning comp picks.

- Just for the 2016 RFA Process, I'm going to add those comp picks for the 2017 Draft, along with the comp pick results of the yet to be run 2017 RFA Process added to the 2017 draft. But in future, only the current year's RFA Process will acquire you compensatory picks for the upcoming draft.

- But I haven't added anything into the 2017 Draft in case people object to the 2016 and 2017 RFA process being added to the 2017 Draft. In that case, then I'd make it 2016 RFA comp pick results are used for 2017 Draft. 2017 RFA comp pick results used for 2018 Draft. FEEDBACK SOUGHT.

2017 RFA PROCESS - CHANGE

Last couple years people didn't like the idea of bids being open all month, people bidding at the death only. So this year, will revert back to what we did originally. People post a bid, and when x amount of time passes without a further bid, bidding will close on that player. Still whole month of April the RFA Process runs.

Don't think you should go back to 2016 RFA and award comp picks in this years draft. Different decisions may have been made if comp rules were in place at the time.

Like the idea though and think we start it with this years RFA process.

either 1 or 2 years.

let me know which rookies you want extended, because the rest will be released from your roster at no cap charge

James Bradberry, Maliek Collins, Devonta Freeman, CJ Moseley, Jarran Reed all extended for 2 years.

Thanks Commissioner.

Please don't go retrospectively add compensatory picks in this draft, that's just nonsense. How about you ask owners before deciding on a rule change?
I did ask -- "Feedback sought" in bold.

- 2016 comp picks + 2017 comp picks added to 2017 draft
or
- 2016 comp picks added to 2017 draft, 2017 comp picks added to 2018 draft
or
- 2017 comp picks added to 2017 draft

As of now...2017 rfa process comp picks only awarded for 2017 draft.

I did ask -- "Feedback sought" in bold.
No. You've decided to add a compensatory draft picks rule. You're seeking feedback for how to proceed from there.

You should be asking owners if we even want the compensatory picks in the first place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No. You've decided to add a compensatory draft picks rule. You're seeking feedback for how to proceed from there.

You should be asking owners if we even want the compensatory picks in the first place.
True. Good point. Still, it's a great addition and deep down you love it, admit it. I am sure no one will object to it. And the method I've already come up with is fantastic.

If you really want to help me out, think of some ideas about preventing the trade/bid dollars added on/contract renegotiate loophole thingamajig from an earlier post

There are only a handful of players who are franchise tagged...so if they're traded, I'll remember who they were, and remove the added tag cost when they're traded to a new team who offers them a new multi-year contract.

If a normal RFA (untagged player) is bid on, whomever ends up winning him (the matcher or the bidder), and the bidding dollars get added on, he ALWAYS gets a new 3-5 year contract from the new/previous owner. So then, say he's traded to someone else....those bidding dollars stay on there, so I don't have to check.

However...I'm wrong. Because if you give someone say a 3 year contract, and then trade him, the new owner can renegotiate his contract to 4 or 5 years, and in doing so, would get him at his base salary. But only when the new owner gives him more years on his contract. If he's signed for 5 years, and then traded, his contract years can't be upped higher than 5 so his salary + bidding dollars would stay on there....till he's traded in the future when he only has 3 years left.

There's probably a loophole there for "cheating" so I ought to improve this system I'm using.

To make things easier can't you just leave the bidding dollars on regardless if they are traded? Also if you franchise tag someone maybe make it that you can't trade that player for the next year? You can only dump him and cop the 20% cap penalty.

To make things easier can't you just leave the bidding dollars on regardless if they are traded? Also if you franchise tag someone maybe make it that you can't trade that player for the next year? You can only dump him and cop the 20% cap penalty.

It's a tricky one this whole thing. I want to obviously allow an open slather to trading, and ideas like in the NFL where players/teams can renegotiate contracts. But at the same time also want to make it easy for me as Commissioner to perform tasks, and easy for everyone as managers to remember the rules etc.

It still doesnt seem fair that a player traded, the GM can't renegotiate his contract to make it more cap-friendly -- like NFL. But short of having things like actual contract language, back-loading guaranteed money etc. But there's also a loophole for abuse.

I'm free today now to put my thinking cap on regards this issue. But certainly am open to suggestions, ideas, in case someone has a brilliant one or my 200+ IQ fails me (it never usually does :p ) but you never know.

TLDR -- keep thinking, making suggestions. First one with the great idea gets a dinner date with me.

So here's the update....

* When you win bids on players or match bids, the bid dollars do not go on the players salary, they get added on to your salary cap.
* The player maintains his base salary, with his new 3 year contract.
* Then someone decides to trade that player.
* The bid dollars stay with the team that traded him, the new owner does not acquire those bid dollars.
* The new owner can only renegotiate a longer contract, base salary stays the same.
* Meanwhile the team that traded him, they free up his salary, and get whatever in return for the trade, but the bid dollars stay on their cap for that year.
* Same with tagged players on 1 yr contracts...the added tag money just gets added on to their cap penalty.
* When Tagged players on 1 yr contracts get traded, the new owner can renegotiate the contract length, still same base salary whether traded or not.

So basically....all the added money from bids or tags get added on to a teams cap penalty. Players always retain their base salary (makes it so much easier for me too not having to constantly readjust salaries when a player is traded). The old owner wears the cap penalties for the year. The new owner doesn't get that baggage.

Why don't the bid dollars just stay on? That's the guys new salary...end of story
That's the alternative. But if someone is trading for a player with say 2 years left on his contract, and wanting to give him a new 5 year contract, the bidding dollars added on wouldn't make any sense. And he deprives himself of letting that player returning to 0 years left when ALL PLAYERS get to get new base salaries.

It's better for the player to have a base salary, and the team bidding on getting lumped with the bidding dollars.

It beats the loophole because people can still be able to trade, up his contract years, but the previous team lumped with his bidding dollars -- a deterrent for teams even wanting to use the loophole but also not hurting teams who trade for a player and give him a new 5 year contract.

Send me the bank details for league subs... I'll send now whilst I have some money in the bank lol
gg.v69.exe@outlook.com

paypal $25 for everyone.

But Dixie Flatline this year has to pay $30 because last year he still had an unpaid $5.
meanwhile BeinPurplenGreen was owed $35, so he's now down to $10 being owed to him.

TheGreatBarryB and Hoggy
what i will do, because i'm still getting hammered with massive repayments/bills/fines.....next saturday, i'll pay you both half of your prizemoney, and then the following saturday the other half. I'm sorry for the problem here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back