Analysis 2017 List Management Discussion Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Weitering this has gone a little too far, hasn't it?
Maybe we should put out the fire-starter. :)

I can't think of a situation that may come about where we decide that it's in Weiterings favour to move on.
He has a long term contract, he's been sold all good things Carlton, he wants to play under Bolton and he likely wouldn't care to move.
Weitering has been playing injured and we all have to give him some leeway for that, but not any more than anyone else. That wouldn't be right.

The real discussion should be around whether if we had an offer for one of our KPD's that suited our needs, (i.e. Defender for mid) whether we should consider it or just shut it down.

Q. If there are any lip-readers here, would you care to have a look at the footage of last years draft at our pick #47 and relate what the discussion around Macreadie was. I feel I know but I don't know and would dearly like to know....not guess...but know.

I can't think of a situation that may come about where we decide that it's in Weiterings favour to move on.
He has a long term contract, he's been sold all good things Carlton, he wants to play under Bolton and he likely wouldn't care to move.
Weitering has been playing injured and we all have to give him some leeway for that, but not any more than anyone else. That wouldn't be right.

The real discussion should be around whether if we had an offer for one of our KPD's that suited our needs, (i.e. Defender for mid) whether we should consider it or just shut it down.

Q. If there are any lip-readers here, would you care to have a look at the footage of last years draft at our pick #47 and relate what the discussion around Macreadie was. I feel I know but I don't know and would dearly like to know....not guess...but know.

People just want to get Kelly whilst not trading away any picks. Weitering is the only KPD we have that would satisfy GWS.

I wouldn't trade him yet though, if he doesn't come along after a couple more years then I'd start considering it before his value drops.

Yep 400k should be all he gets. MAX. That's why when I heard the rumour the Tigers were offering 600k I thought it was too good to be true but if it was then I'd even help him pack his bags he'd be an idiot not to take that and I would've been very happy to see him go as a FA. The compo would've been 2nd rounder.

Turns out Tuggers aren't offering him anything.

But surely, you don't knock a contract offer back unless you've been offered something better elsewhere?
Could be there's another club in the mix,and that's why Richmond pulled out.

I reckon they've pulled out because they want to offer Dusty more so he stays and also because Casboult isn't worth 600k anyway.
Could be that.

Wait to see if they get dusty. If not, they will blow their wad on Levi to sell hope of a new look fwd line being all they need.

Harley Balic?

Seems highly rated internally by clubs and i would not mind if we had a crack at him but what is he worth?

https://www.zerohanger.com/homesick...tm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=AFL+Zero+Hanger

Fremantle youngster Harley Balic looks set to return home to Victoria at season’s end.

Balic, recruited from the Sandringham Dragons with pick No. 38 in the 2015 National Draft, battled a persistent wrist injury for much of 2016, before twice being granted leave by the club this season due to personal reasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah getting pretty worried about Cuningham...it's been very quiet about it to no one seems to know why he hasn't signed no rumour at all.

Apparently his manager insisted on a clause entitling DC to the contents of the BF Cuningham jar.....

People just want to get Kelly whilst not trading away any picks. Weitering is the only KPD we have that would satisfy GWS.

I wouldn't trade him yet though, if he doesn't come along after a couple more years then I'd start considering it before his value drops.

Liam Jones might satisfy GWS he is only 26 and playing really good footy at the moment.

Happy to bring him across but he hasn't shown anything to suggest he'd be an upgrade on that trio.

You and me running around out there would be an upgrade! :cool:

:D

Turns out Tuggers aren't offering him anything.

But surely, you don't knock a contract offer back unless you've been offered something better elsewhere?
According to a Herald Sun article with zero quotes, or any real relevance to the suggestion that Richmond weren't interested.

Fact is that he's a decent option that doesn't compromise their draft. They'll be looking at him.

Had a few looks and all I could 'read' was sos asking for extra time.

Keen to know your thoughts.

Had a few looks and all I could 'read' was sos asking for extra time.

Keen to know your thoughts.
He did ask for extra time but it's about the conversation he was having with Bolton that interested me.

Eric Pascoe posted in one of the draft day threads last year that if GWS matched the Macreadie bid that ED Phillips would have been taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back