NFL 2017 NFL Pre-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Titans players sued for $500 K, accused of beating man up over draft results

http://fox17.com/news/local/titans-...-accused-of-beating-man-up-over-draft-results

Sharpe couldn't handle some banter over the Davis selection it seemso_O
Lol:
According to Satterfield's lawsuit, Sharpe and Tretola told Satterfield to follow them outside the bar just after midnight. Satterfield says in the suit that he "believed the group was headed outside for lawful purposes."

Personally, I always walk around with lawful purposes in mind.

Nothing wrong with that is there?? :)
If 2 blokes you had a disagreement with in a bar invited you outside, I am going to assume it isnt so we can exchange pleasant discussions about the weather.

If 2 blokes you had a disagreement with in a bar invited you outside, I am going to assume it isnt so we can exchange pleasant discussions about the weather.

Certainly, the three of us could calmly discuss our conflicting core beliefs at 2am without need to escalate it to the level of fisticuffs.

:p

Same Texans that made second round of playoffs and expect JJ Watt back....oh and no Brock??

Texans with out Bouye and Demps. and and have Savage at QB who would struggle to keep a job in a 0-16 team, Other than the cap number Brock would still be an upgrade on the QB's on the Texans roster today.

Texans only made the playoffs and won a playoff game because Mariota and Carr got hurt.

Texans with out Bouye and Demps. and and have Savage at QB who would struggle to keep a job in a 0-16 team, Other than the cap number Brock would still be an upgrade on the QB's on the Texans roster today.

Texans only made the playoffs and won a playoff game because Mariota and Carr got hurt.
Watt would have destroyed both of them. Kevin Johnson back from injury as well and he'll end up with a better career than Bouye.
We had Clowney and Miller out against the Titans (plus Watt and Johnson of course) in second last week loss. Watson >>>Savage.

Watt would have destroyed both of them. Kevin Johnson back from injury as well and he'll end up with a better career than Bouye.
We had Clowney and Miller out against the Titans (plus Watt and Johnson of course) in second last week loss. Watson >>>Savage.

Texans fans say that every year. So do the Rams, Jags, Miami, Washington, Dallas and Tampa fans. Or this year Cinci will finally win a playoff game

Every year its. "We are going to be good this year, we finally got a good QB/new coach/new GM/missing player on O or D" and these teams either make the playoffs because the division is so bad that a 8/9 win team will win it. or they make the playoffs once every 10 seasons.

And you better hope Watson passes Savage otherwise you are looking at a top 5 pick next year.

Last edited:
Texans fans say that every year. So do the Rams, Jags, Miami, Washington and Tampa fans.

Every year its. "We are going to be good this year, we finally got a good QB/new coach/new GM/missing player on O or D" and these teams either make the playoffs because the division is so bad that a 8/9 win team will win it. or they make the playoffs once every 10 seasons.

And you better hope Watson passes Savage otherwise you are looking at a top 5 pick next year.

Just stating facts. We have one of the best defences and we get back the best defensive player in the league and our No 1 CB.
Watson can't be much worse than Hoyer/Osweiler.

You want easy schedules go see the NFC North that played the AFC South. You had 10 easy games, no wonder you were fresher in the playoffs than Gints/Cowboys. And how lucky Watt and Clowney weren't at Lambeau??!! OMG, that could have been the end of your (i.e Rodgers) season right there! Talk about luck....gee.

Just stating facts. We have one of the best defences and we get back the best defensive player in the league and our No 1 CB.
Watson can't be much worse than Hoyer/Osweiler.

You want easy schedules go see the NFC North that played the AFC South. You had 10 easy games, no wonder you were fresher in the playoffs than Gints/Cowboys. And how lucky Watt and Clowney weren't at Lambeau??!! OMG, that could have been the end of your (i.e Rodgers) season right there! Talk about luck....gee.

Sounds like you think the Texans will be a 10+ win team.
With Watt back Clowney will take every 2nd play off again. Watt cant carry the whole team, you have had this top D for a few years and done nothing with it.

Im not changing my mind, i think the Texans are still f**king s**t and will be a sub .500 team.

Texans fans would of been saying the same s**t last year thinking you finally got a good QB, and the 31 other teams are still waiting for the Texans to become a good team, Having a good D doesnt make them a good team when you cant move the ball on O.

Sounds like you think the Texans will be a 10+ win team.
With Watt back Clowney will take every 2nd play off again. Watt cant carry the whole team, you have had this top D for a few years and done nothing with it.

Im not changing my mind, i think the Texans are still f**king s**t and will be a sub .500 team.

Texans fans would of been saying the same s**t last year thinking you finally got a good QB, and the 31 other teams are still waiting for the Texans to become a good team, Having a good D doesnt make them a good team when you cant move the ball on O.

Look at these cocky Packer fans, the greatest one man show on earth....Clowney took a huge step up last season, he won't be going anywhere but forward from here.

Look at these cocky Packer fans, the greatest one man show on earth....Clowney took a huge step up last season, he won't be going anywhere but forward from here.
how is it cocky to call an mediocre team mediocre. If the texans can make the playoffs and actually beat someone other than Cinci or a team with no QB then they become a good team in my opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how is it cocky to call an mediocre team mediocre. If the texans can make the playoffs and actually beat someone other than Cinci or a team with no QB then they become a good team in my opinion.

Oh well, in two posts we've improved from f*****g s**t to mediocre! At that rate by the time the season starts we're a massive chance.

ESPN's Josina Anderson reports suspended WR Josh Gordon's agent "terminated their relationship" roughly two weeks ago.

It could be a sign that Gordon isn't putting forth his best efforts to get back into the NFL despite applying for reinstatement in March. On Thursday, it was revealed the league has denied his petition to return to the league. This could be the end of the line for the 26-year-old. It may finally be safe to cut Gordon in Dynasty leagues. He's never going to be what he was.

Source: Josina Anderson on Twitter
May 11 - 12:41 PM

Cardinals released ILB Daryl Washington.

Suspended for three years, 30-year-old Washington was surprisingly reinstated 16 days ago. In a statement, the team said it believed it was best to "release Daryl and give him the opportunity to continue his career elsewhere." Washington was a force before his marathon ban, but hasn't played a live snap since Dec. 29, 2013, and arguably has more off-the-field baggage than any player in the NFL. He will be up against it to get a second chance. Perhaps perennial risk takers Cincinnati, Dallas or Oakland will come calling.
Related: Cardinals

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
May 11 - 1:20 PM

The Colin Kaepernick alternative facts continue to percolate
Posted by Mike Florio on May 11, 2017, 12:17 PM EDT
631422650-e1494519360672.jpg
Getty Images
When it comes to politics, my three primary issues are these: (1) I don’t want to tell anyone else how to live their life; (2) I don’t want anyone to tell me how to live my life; and (3) I don’t like being lied to.

When it comes to Colin Kaepernick’s ongoing unemployment, I feel like I’m constantly being lied to.

The evidence continues to mount of an effort by NFL teams to push false narratives about Kaepernick. And they’re working.

In March, as the lack of interest in Kaepernick became more glaring, someone told Dan Graziano of ESPN.com that Kaepernick wants both a salary in the range of $9 million to $10 million per year and a chance to compete for a starting job. The truth was, and still is, that no one knows what Kaepernick wants, because the conversation has never progressed to the point where anyone has asked Kaepernick or his agents what he wants.

The truth doesn’t matter, because nearly two months later the perception lingers that Kaepernick wants both a salary in the range of $9 million to $10 million per year and a chance to compete for a starting job.

Then there were the concerns about Kaepernick’s diet, which were articulated even as folks were marveling at Tom Brady’s avocado ice cream obsession, with no fear that he may be missing out on the protein and nutrients necessary to thrive on a football field by not scarfing down steaks and burgers and ribs and other assorted man meats.

More recently, Peter King of TheMMQB.com cited unnamed 49ers sources who believe that Kaepernick “might actually rather do social justice work full-time than play quarterback.” That notion was quickly shot down, but in post-truth America, facts don’t matter. What matters is equipping those who see the world a certain way with something tangible to which they can point to support those views, regardless of whether it’s accurate.

As some in the media continue to express confusion and dismay at the notion that quarterbacks with far inferior track records and accomplishments (most recently, the player who was benched for Kaepernick last season got a job), the target keeps moving. Others in the media are legitimizing the bull’s-eye shi(f)t.

Consider this recent tweet from Albert Breer of TheMMQB.com: “The No. 1 reason Colin Kaepernick is unsigned: He’s not considered a starting-caliber playerby any NFL evaluator anymore. Work from there.”

OK, I will. For starters, it’s hard to believe that Albert has canvassed every single NFL evaluator for an opinion on whether Kaepernick is a starting-caliber NFL player. Moreover, it’s impossible to rule out that any, some, or all of them are telling something other than the truth, especially in light of this assessment from a guy who proved in a very short time that he knows how to thrive in the NFL.

“I’ll tell you the same thing I tell them,” Michigan coach and former 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh told me in March regarding what advice he would give to NFL teams. “I think he’s an outstanding player and I think he’s a great competitor who has proven it in games and has the ability to be not only an NFL starter but a great NFL player. . . . He’ll have a great career and be a great quarterback, win championships.”

In a league where there aren’t nearly enough good quarterbacks to go around (as this year’s free-agency signings prove, there aren’t enough bad quarterbacks to go around, either), how is that not enough to get Kaepernick a single phone call, visit, or workout?

That’s the key thing to remember here. Kaepernick hasn’t even gotten a chance to talk to a team, to throw for a team, to run for a team. It’s fairly difficult for any NFL evaluator to conclusively determine that Kaepernick isn’t a starting-caliber player without that information.

Which is probably why he hasn’t had a phone call or a visit or a tryout. Teams aren’t interested in acquiring any evidence that may change the narrative on Kaepernick, since the current narrative fits better with the unspoken notion that he’s regarded as undesirable by any/every given team because: (1) animosity from fans over his National Anthem protest may alienate paying customers; (2) he’ll bring distractions to the team; and/or (3) the owner disagrees with his politics and refuses to risk Kaepernick using the platform of an NFL roster spot to advance his agenda.

For the various teams that have a need a quarterback, the truth behind not even calling Kaepernick resides in one or more of those three reasons. Whether those are legitimate reasons for shunning Kaepernick becomes an issue that can never really be addressed because of the stream of pretexts behind which teams have been hiding. The mere fact that teams feel compelled to conjure a reason other than the truth for ignoring Kaepernick suggests, however, that they realize admitting the truth will create complications and consequences far worse than being periodically called out for basing Kaepernick’s employment on alternative facts.

Is it known how much Squidward actually wants to play?

I havent really followed it closely but havent come accross anything saying that he is keen to regain what he once was.

Deja Vu? I swear the exact same thing happened like five or six years ago....

---------

Suspended LB Rolando McClain was arrested Friday in Hartselle, Alabama on charges of second-degree possession of marijuana, carrying a firearm without a permit, and a misdemeanor equipment violation.

The incident occurred Friday afternoon at around 1:15 PM. McClain was pulled over for a window tint violation when a police officer noticed an aroma of marijuana coming from his vehicle. The 27-year-old is being held in Morgan County on $2,000 bail. Already facing an indefinite suspension for repeated substance abuse violations, this latest arrest will likely end McClain's playing career, if it wasn't over already.

Source: Decatur Daily

Remove this Banner Ad

Back