Oppo Camp Non-Geelong football (AFL) discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. For all the criticism of their trading with GWS, Marchbank and Pickett for our future first could be one of the great trade steals.
I was really impressed with Marchbank last night

They have got a long term key defender there (expected as well as he was a high draft pick)

I was really impressed with Marchbank last night

They have got a long term key defender there (expected as well as he was a high draft pick)
Apart from a couple of poor skill errors he looked good. Plowman also looked better than he did last year.

I thought it came down to how Richmond played. When they took risks and moved the ball on quickly, as they did in the first and last quarter in particular, they looked a clearly better team. They're no good at all at trying to play a slower tempo game. They've got enough quality at the top end to cover up the deficiencies in the bottom (some of which should be immediately fixed - Lloyd should simply not get a game). For Carlton, simply too many skill errors, particularly under no pressure at all.

Finally, Dale Thomas. Thank you Carlton for the laughs you are going to deliver this year.

That take risk attack game plan will see them opened up on the counter by good teams. Enough pressure will cause this. It's very much a bulldogs style to my untrained eye.

I think it all comes down to how Cloke goes... so Collingwood are in with a good shot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. For all the criticism of their trading with GWS, Marchbank and Pickett for our future first could be one of the great trade steals.

I wouldnt say its a great steal they gave up a player who will probably play 100 quite good games for us in tuohy and an early 20s pick (which can nab a parfitt type) for marchbank pickett and smedts. I would say they paid about fair value. Win win.

New richmond getting gws to effectively hand over marchbank pickett (thats where the 1st rounder cane from) and a 3rd rounder for deledio who might barely have 20 games left in him, thats the steal IMO.

I would love it if getting out of Collingwood fixed the mental issues Trav has with kicking, and he goes 7 goals straight tonight. Would be hilarious.

Sadly i've now jinxed him and he will kick 1.6.
I'd love that if he only did it against them :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back