Preview 2017 Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Jaeger announced to the boys he was leaving. Everyone was clapping at the end of his speech except May (who also told the guys around him to stop clapping). Jaeger confronted him about it, and his response was something along the lines of being selfish and thinking about himself instead of his mates and the club.
Good to have guys like May 100% onboard. Will help bulld the culture.

Jesus. Jigger O'Mary must have thought the club would collapse at the mere announcement of his departure. I was ready to give him the benefit of the doubt but, after the last couple of days, I'm of the opinion he's just a big flog.

can anyone post the article of what Jaeger said regarding The Suns that is referred to earlier and the one that upset The Coch?

#cochsout4tony

I think it may have been from Jooger's first press conference for Hawks. Claims the Hawk medical department was a factor in his move:

“They played quite a big part - speaking to Hawthorn’s medical department that was obviously as big factor because of my injury,” he said.

“They’ve had some success with (treating) current players and past players so that was a factor.”

Hawthorn have to play up at Metricon Round 1, what an atmosphere that would be. Won't be the case, but the amount of buzz around the crowd with the O'Meara factor would be immense.
Maybe he'll come up with a case of Kurt Tippett syndrome and conveniently miss every game against us at home for 2-3 years

Can't wait for next year..
No troubles during the season.
Medical team do an awesome job we use less then 30 players for the year!
Eade pulls the pants down on top 4 teams
We make finals...

Then all the times flog Barrett gave us a whack over trade radio being a basket case
Poorly run.
Cochrane isn't right for the role.
Our trading is poor
Eade isn't right to coach
Culture is hopeless
GWS piss all over the GC
No players would want to go there.

2017 trade radio after we've made finals
I'll be giving Barrett a ring and calling out all his shitty comments live on radio
Can't wait for that but good luck, the successful GC scenario does not fit Barrett's agenda so your call will be 1 of those not taken/acknowledged.

Confirmed Q-Clash round 1

ROUND 1, 2017
Thursday, March 23

Carlton v Richmond, MCG
Friday, March 24

Collingwood v Western Bulldogs, MCG
Saturday, March 25

Sydney v Port Adelaide, SCG

North Melbourne v West Coast, Etihad Stadium

Gold Coast v Brisbane, Metricon Stadium

Essendon v Hawthorn, MCG
Sunday, March 26

Adelaide v GWS Giants, Adelaide Oval

St Kilda v Melbourne, Etihad Stadium

Fremantle v Geelong, Subiaco

Confirmed Q-Clash round 1

ROUND 1, 2017
Thursday, March 23

Carlton v Richmond, MCG
Friday, March 24

Collingwood v Western Bulldogs, MCG
Saturday, March 25

Sydney v Port Adelaide, SCG

North Melbourne v West Coast, Etihad Stadium

Gold Coast v Brisbane, Metricon Stadium

Essendon v Hawthorn, MCG
Sunday, March 26

Adelaide v GWS Giants, Adelaide Oval

St Kilda v Melbourne, Etihad Stadium

Fremantle v Geelong, Subiaco
Wonder if any Brisbane supporters will make the effort to come down the highway for the match to support their new coach and team? Queensland footy could do with a big sellout crowd to silence (or at least quiet) the doomsayers like Flog Barrett.
I feel so much more confident about this one now we have Pearce Hanley playing for us instead of them. He usually tears us a new one.

Wonder if any Brisbane supporters will make the effort to come down the highway for the match to support their new coach and team? Queensland footy could do with a big sellout crowd to silence (or at least quiet) the doomsayers like Flog Barrett.
I feel so much more confident about this one now we have Pearce Hanley playing for us instead of them. He usually tears us a new one.
Round 1 is always a danger game. New coach maybe new captain for both sides. I hope Maysie doesn't look for anyone's head illegally.

What a way to kick off. Would love a sellout! Surely could get that, need to get the Brisbane folk to come down the highway. May, Hanley switching sides, should make for a fiery affair to kick off.

Not sure about sell out but 17-18k would be nice , and a big win that would see on top of ladder for first time ever :D Having Hanley on our side for a change is going to be immense , the guy has won 3 Ashcroft medals out of the 12 , loves these games.

What's the Odds GC to be on top of ladder after round 1

Thats what we said this year when we were 3-0 and Aaron Hall was leading the brownlow.

Can never understimate the QClash. Its becoming one of those rivalry games where it doesn't matter where each team sits on the ladder, they both get up for it and form goes out the window. Plus who knows what Brisbane will bring with a new coach and gameplan, and a strong looking midfield on paper. But hopefully Lynch and May both have blinders on debut as co-captains, and neither get suspended!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting to see that, for the first time ever, the Suns will have to deal with free agency in 2017. Rory Thompson has been classed a restricted free agent by the AFL for 2017 (7 years in the AFL and 2 years in the TAC Cup/VFL). This is due to the fact that he was draft eligible in 2008. It also means Rory will become the Suns' first 10 year player in 2018, should he choose to stay.

While we're on the topic of free agency, it's also worth noting that Queenslanders Lachlan Keeffe and Josh Thomas are free agents next year. Both are still quite young (25 and 26 respectively) so there's potential there for the club if they're interested. I know Thomas has a history with the club so that may rule him out but Keeffe's 204cm frame could be useful.
Keefes a spud. Rory strikes me as a loyal type and hates the thought of having to surf in a full length steamer during winter.

Well if the media and Hawks fans don't understand why our feelings about Dion's and O'WTF's departures were received so differently after reading the last few posts, then they never will.
As I said awhile ago, JOM is no real loss, because he left us 2 years ago. That's pathetic if the Jaeger Juniors were not given a farewell message.
When you think about what did he actual do for the Jaegers Juniors program apart from turn up when told to.
He was no doubt paid to be the face of the program and can't even say thanks, the guy is a douche and frankly I'm glad he's gone, Hawks problem now

Silver reserved upstairs 218 right fwd pocket view. Killer spot in my opinion. I dont have the extra 600 clams on top of 630 clams to move around to the wing!

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Silver reserved upstairs 218 right fwd pocket view. Killer spot in my opinion. I dont have the extra 600 clams on top of 630 clams to move around to the wing!

What's your favourite seats at metricon fellas? Looking to get a seat that's better then the GA stuff for round 1

Thanks mate. Much appreciated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back