Review 2018 2nd Elimination Final: Box Hill Hawks v Port Melbourne, 1 September 2018, 2.10pm @ NPO

Remove this Banner Ad

Pittonet and Howe were both massive. Pitto had to ruck against 3 people with occasional assistance from Lewis, and I thought he was exceptional. Howe wasn't clean with his disposal but his contested work was a big reason we won that game.

But without Hanrahan's efforts we would have lost. Snatched victory from the jaws of defeat.

I just aged considerably. We should have won that by 5 goals. Some of our midfielders will not want to watch that last quarter again. Butchered the ball. Pittonet was outstanding. Whitecross was important and TOB had his best defensive game for the year.

So glad we won.

Congratulations BH
Sure made hard work of that

Surely you have to presume this was just game time for Howe and that he won’t play Thursday but instead play if necessary the following week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the end there. port rushed a behind and Hawks players appealing I'm thinking to myself you have no chance guys. Nothing from commentators, not a peep.

a few seconds later theres a potential deliberate oob on the wing and the commentators erupt when Port don't get a free kick

Must be watching a different game. Its still going
Sorry I was out at a Bball game watching my son, I thought the first score wins in extra time like last time.
Happy we won.

Tuned in to the stream right at the death. What a game, great effort, looked like Port might steal it there a couple of times.

I know there was racing on today but surely they could've broadcast all the VFL games on 7mate or something.

You'd hope their firsts are more on their game than the VFL side (scats posters will probably say it was deliberate to get reserves a game each week)

Also in finals past, a very mature port side would smash our young guys around and get nothing from the umps.

Now its port with the smaller/younger side, the umps discover their whistles

Sorry I was out at a Bball game watching my son, I thought the first score wins in extra time like last time.
Happy we won.

That's only if it's still level at the end of extra time. Thankfully we weren't put in that situation today as that is a terrible rule with most players not knowing when the extra time ends and the golden point time starts, extremely unfair.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back