Votes: 88 19.6%
  • Collingwood by 40+

Votes: 26 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The two prelims, should really leave out any cockiness, bar the trolls, nobody would have predicted the outcomes of those games.

Two decent sides are playing Saturday, and I have no idea what’s going to happen.

Had a fair idea that wc were going to win but not that dominating, had no idea the Pies were and certainly not that convincingly especially when the tigs challenged in the last and they stood firm and kicked away again.

The dees were just never in it and gave little if any opposition.

Yes, a little rain would be nice but we only have to look back to the 2011 GF where it bucketed down all morning and rained in parts during the game and a bloke by the name of Tom Hawkins killed us. The drainage at the G is so good that it would need to absolutely piss down for hours to have a major effect on the game IMO.

I think a people need to understand the difference between 'party cloudy, possible shower' and 'it's going to be wet, could affect the result'.
Currently, aside from being cold it looks as if the weather with have zero influence on how the game is played. Whatever amount of rain there was during the Tigers/Hawks qualifying is about the limit it gets to when things start to be influenced.

Would think that would be fairly self explanatory, given the distance and the completely parochial crowd you enjoy at that brand new stadium any team that makes the journey be that VIC or otherwise is well up against it.
I’d be pretty confident in saying if you were to ask any club outside W.A what the hardest trip is they have to make year in year out it would be west coast at west coast
The distance?

Is it further from mel - per than per - mel?

if we win, everyone will say the extra week's break helped us. If you win, it will be the home ground advantage and the extra day's break. the extra week rest helped us but didn't help Richmond. Melbourne are trying to blame anything and everything - booing, flying, no rest, some of their supporters are trying to claim that Optus was hosed down that morning to make it soggy and only the Eagles were aware so we wore the correct boots and they didn't so they kept falling over. basically its all a load of shizenhouser and whoever plays the best on the day will win.

That hosing the ground thing has some substance. The Collingwood game, players kept falling over too. I don't understand why two visiting teams in consecutive games has players slipping like they are on ice, yet the home team doesn't fall over at all. Maybe a co incidence? I don't know. But Melbourne were garbage anyway... the slipping over was probably 10% of their problems.

Did for 3 and a half qtrs last time, on their home deck.

There's a chance we can do it again, pressure em like last time we're in this up to our necks.
Don't think the result highs clear either way, but last time Kennedy had just come off several weeks without playing and in the first half in particular looked a rusty as he could be. He was in much better shape against Melbourne and should be firing from the start for the GF too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The distance?

Is it further from mel - per than per - mel?
Surely I don’t have to sit here and explain to eagles fans why their own fortress is the hardest place to win in the AFL... I thought all you ****’s wore that as a badge of pride.
Hands down the hardest trip to make for any other team. You WA blokes love the us against the world narrative more then we do hey? When you come over here and play st Kilda or Carlton or the dogs it ain’t really that daunting is it? Distance plays a part both ways of course but for any other team getting off a 4 hour flight and then going to a stadium where 60,000 raving nuffies boo every contest has proven the hardest place to win over quite a period of time! Not sure why you’re even arguing the opposite lol

Surely I don’t have to sit here and explain to eagles fans why their own fortress is the hardest place to win in the AFL... I thought all you ****’s wore that as a badge of pride.
Hands down the hardest trip to make for any other team. You WA blokes love the us against the world narrative more then we do hey? When you come over here and play st Kilda or Carlton or the dogs it ain’t really that daunting is it? Distance plays a part both ways of course but for any other team getting off a 4 hour flight and then going to a stadium where 60,000 raving nuffies boo every contest has proven the hardest place to win over quite a period of time! Not sure why you’re even arguing the opposite lol
Because we didnt beat collingwood at the mcg for near 30 years.

Maybe - just maybe we feel that road trips a bit of a lulu.

Also the trip for us to geelong?

You dont think thats as hard?

Because we didnt beat collingwood at the mcg for near 30 years.

Maybe - just maybe we feel that road trips a bit of a lulu.

Also the trip for us to geelong?

You dont think thats as hard?
You’re one team hoss, I said AFL. Geelong have been beaten by plenty down there in last few years. Even when the eagles are terrible they still win 80% of their home games.

You’re one team hoss, I said AFL. Geelong have been beaten by plenty down there in last few years. Even when the eagles are terrible they still win 80% of their home games.

We lost 9/11 in 2010 ie we won 18% of our subi games for the year. That was a poor year.

In 2018 we came second and won 72% of our h and a games at optus losing to sydney, essendon and melbourne.

Still not 80%

You said the hardest road trip in the afl.

That means you analyse every road trip and decide which is hardest.

Pretty much any interstate club to geelong bar sydney would fit that bill.

We lost 9/11 in 2010 ie we won 18% of our subi games for the year. That was a poor year.

In 2018 we came second and won 72% of our h and a games at optus losing to sydney, essendon and melbourne.

Still not 80%

Wouldn't interstate clubs to Tassie be worse? Look at North Melbourne's record there, and North are not some world beating team. Their Tasmania record defies logic.

Still not 80%

Not every team has to go to Geelong. They tend to get easy kills there also. Not much point arguing this point further I think, if this were any other week bar this one and for any other reason then I think you lot would be all nodding your heads in agreement.

Best of luck this weekend, I’m actually inclined to say a trip to the G for any interstate club for a GF against a traditional Victorian power might be the hardest trip in footy so if you get up you will have earned it.

Theres another one.
Ask tasmanians how passionately they support the teams that play there. You play in front of 25k.
Im loving the Collingwood circle jerk on 360. I hope the rest of the vic media is talking them up like this. Can only work against them.
There’s a forum for Vic bias posts isn’t there? Full of miserable WA people who think the whole country owes them the upmost respect regardless of what they think. You’d fit right in.

Ask tasmanians how passionately they support the teams that play there. You play in front of 25k.

There’s a forum for Vic bias posts isn’t there? Full of miserable WA people who think the whole country owes them the upmost respect regardless of what they think. You’d fit right in.

Miserable? WC are in a GF. It was just an observation from the AFL channel. No need to get all pissy. I see you're a debutant. So ill let your sensitivity pass.

Miserable? WC are in a GF. It was just an observation from the AFL channel. No need to get all pissy. I see you're a debutant. So ill let your sensitivity pass.
They’ve been talking about you for the last 10 minutes. Every time someone doesn’t think the sun rises and sets out West you lot jump up and down like toddlers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back