2018 AFLW Season - offseason moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Conway will be a star, and is the prototype for the new players that will start entering the competition. Clean, good kick, takes the ball well, understands the game. Ruby Blair will be similar if she gets a run. If Hildebrand doesn't get up for the next game, hope they bring in Ruby, keen to see how she goes.

Conway will be a star, and is the prototype for the new players that will start entering the competition. Clean, good kick, takes the ball well, understands the game. Ruby Blair will be similar if she gets a run. If Hildebrand doesn't get up for the next game, hope they bring in Ruby, keen to see how she goes.

Conway is one of only a few who has footy instincts IMO. Goes in a bit hard sometimes but hopefully we can develop Conway, Zanchetta and a couple of others to form a strong midfield along with Bates who’s a star.

Nah, that's Carlton.

Brisbane play pretty attractive footy when they attack, but they also know their strength is in their backline. As such, they don't need to go all-out in order to kick arse.

Can't wait for a couple of weeks when we play you on Friday night...it's going to be a ripper. Only hope is that the consecutive six-day breaks and travel doesn't kick our butt.
We had two days less than Carlton, to prepare, travelled,and came off a game played in the worst possible coditions,Melbourne still expecting hand outs.

Went to the game - crowd considerably less than last year.

We were so much better than Carlton it wasn't funny. Our defensive set-ups are unreal, won't be long before Merrett is listening to offers from AFL clubs, imo.

I didn't see last week's game, and it sounded like Ashmore was quiet, but based off my viewing of this game and the Adelaide game she has gone to another level - truly elite.

Bates, Conway, Woosh, entire D were sensational.

I know Tayla likes her boxing but she got TKOd and then some by Leah last night - mauling

According to the Womens Footy show on ch9 this morning, they expect Tayla to get at least a week for the punch to the head..

Our girls were on too, Sabs and Kaitlyn Ashmore. A very likable pair although I'm probably a tad biased.

Kane Corns was the compere, but not sure if he was just filling in because ch9 reporter Clint Stanaway was hosting it the other week.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/li...s/news-story/ab5e905f1d1cf93d2516d12f39a40ff5

Just replace Erin Phillips with Brianna Davey and it's the same old excuses being made for us winning.

It's almost as if our evenness and non-reliance on one or two players and building a game plan that reflects that is against the spirit of the game or something. Combine that with Sam Lane suggesting that we went against the spirit of the AFL's directive on tactics... we just aren't supposed to win this thing. We were meant to be cannon fodder for the Victorian teams and they are furious we are defying the script... again.

Went to the game - crowd considerably less than last year.

We were so much better than Carlton it wasn't funny. Our defensive set-ups are unreal, won't be long before Merrett is listening to offers from AFL clubs, imo.

I didn't see last week's game, and it sounded like Ashmore was quiet, but based off my viewing of this game and the Adelaide game she has gone to another level - truly elite.

Bates, Conway, Woosh, entire D were sensational.

I know Tayla likes her boxing but she got TKOd and then some by Leah last night - mauling
Yeah the defensive set up is terrific, marvellous team play.

Wasn't confident at all, but fantastic to see we won (couldn't watch live unfortunately). Highlights look great though. Seems like another strong team performance.

Competition seems very even this year. Could be multiple teams competing for grand final spots in Week 7.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Awesome ladies game last night, Wished i could of gone but had to watch on TV as I had to be up at 4.30am this morn. Friend sent me plenty of pics from his phone anyway. Very sorry to see Hilderbrand out.:(
Anyway well done.

According to the Womens Footy show on ch9 this morning, they expect Tayla to get at least a week for the punch to the head..

Our girls were on too, Sabs and Kaitlyn Ashmore. A very likable pair although I'm probably a tad biased.

Kane Corns was the compere, but not sure if he was just filling in because ch9 reporter Clint Stanaway was hosting it the other week.

Didn't someone mention Tayla was pretty keen on a boxing career? Perhaps she has spent too much time working on her lefts and rights? Oh that and the tattoo chair getting some sick arm work done. Totally bad ass she is now.

Perhaps she's trying to impress Dusty....would suit him well me thinks, same mentality.;)

On the show this morning Sabs was asked what her thoughts were on Tayla's "chilled" comment....Sabs wasn't fazed thought it was a bit out of context..

...they showed the interview with Tayla when she said it, she said it was so chilled she would get to training in bad mood and it would carry into training (just on that alone I'm glad she's gone).....Sabs laughed and agreed it was chilled up there then said (this is the bit I loved) but when we got to training it was time to be professional.

I thought it was a beautiful, "innocent" dig back at the princess, meaning that she wasn't professional.:D

Last edited:
Tayla needs to develop internal motivation. If she purely soaks up the vibe from others then she will be up against it when Carlton drop a few games in a row.

Going to be even more important as her boxing career goes beyond the current stage of putting her up against road kill.

I get a bit of a Sonny Bill, Jarred Hayne vibe from Tayla. She will certainly be successful at whatever she does but doesn't seem the type to forge a long career at the one place/ doing the same thing.

Tayla's future:

AFL/ Boxing > Boxing > UFC > WWE > AFL > Winter Olympics > Boxing > The Bacherlorette > The Footy Show Host

Remove this Banner Ad

Back