World Cup 2018 FIFA World Cup Semi Final 2-CROATIA V ENGLAND

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not sure about that. Obviously cricket, maybe rugby and possibly an Olympic s rivalry now but football - you can’t expect there to be a rivalry there as you are still in many respects only just beginning to embrace the game with any seriousness. Surely you’d rather your big brother to win a World Cup rather than the countries that usually do - perhaps besides Brazil who have an affinity with all fans
* no. I'd rather see the USA win it before England.

The key to a rivalry is for it to be 2 sided. We don’t have a rivalry with England in football because we don’t even register on their radar. It’s perfectly fine to cheer against them and enjoy their losses if you want, but it’s not even remotely close to a rivalry.

The worst thought about the idea of winning anything is just how painfully annoying the press will be.

It's the media that turn a lot of people against the team. In the community it's been a really nice atmosphere around the football.

Same old England and same old fans. No pressure, they'll do well now. Then after being on the '' soft '' side of the draw all of a sudden we have a good path to the final and '' footballs coming home '' we're going to win the World Cup.

******* ridiculous.

Same old England and same old fans. No pressure, they'll do well now. Then after being on the '' soft '' side of the draw all of a sudden we have a good path to the final and '' footballs coming home '' we're going to win the World Cup.

******* ridiculous.
Post doesn’t make sense.

I actually think there’s more hysteria from anti-English people then there is from the English fans themselves. I don’t understand why people get so upset at English people who go out and support and celebrate their team. Truth is, that’s what all countries do. Why we garner such hate for it is the perplexing issue. We don’t even merit all this outside attention - we are long since being one of the sports global superpowers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty crushing result really - I thought they were through but that goal just changed the game. At that point it comes down to mentality, the worst thing England did was score early, they just didn't have the balls to play on the front foot after that. They will be a good side in the future but were a bit over hyped here given the soft draw that they'd had - if they want to progress next time you'd think they'd have to do better than knock over Croatia.

Unless you can back it up with a quick second, the worst thing any side can do is score early in a high stakes match at 1-0. It alters the mind set becoming a lot more defensive, playing deeper, while the opposition moves up the ground. It invites the opposition. England continually gave a way possession to Croatia with clearances and long balls to nothing.

Croatia were way too good. Agree with the previous poster that England scoring early was the worst thing for them in the long run. They seemed to think they could defend the lead which was a big mistake against a side as talented as Croatia. Modrić was magnificent.

Poor timing that my wife’s cousins are organizing a catch up next week. Zero chance of me going

One may argue that the worst thing was losing the belgium game. Set them on this path.

Unless you can back it up with a quick second, the worst thing any side can do is score early in a high stakes match at 1-0. It alters the mind set becoming a lot more defensive, playing deeper, while the opposition moves up the ground. It invites the opposition. England continually gave a way possession to Croatia with clearances and long balls to nothing.

The most dangerous scoreline in football is 2-0. Or in this case 1-0

Since when did "not wanting NZ and England won win anything" correlate to being Australian?

I would definitely barrack for NZ at the WC.

In fact, I think I'd normally barrack for them in any sport when they're not playing us. I love NZ.

I would definitely barrack for NZ at the WC.

In fact, I think I'd normally barrack for them in any sport when they're not playing us. I love NZ.
Except Rugby. I was also barracking for Peru against them in the play-offs. A passionate country who hasn't qualified for 36 years as opposed to a country who couldn't give two shits about the sport was a no-brainer for me.

Apparently England tried to kick off quickly after Croatia’s second goal when players were celebrating. Ref hadn’t blown the whistle to restart so it was invalid and brought back.

But they ballsed it up anyhow as it would have been offside to Rashford.

i enjoyed that english fans had something to get behind. instead of the doom and gloom that follows them and takes a toll, people believed. and people had fun. and that side fed off that, like the better nations do. hell, before the tournament, some were adamant they would struggle to get out of a group containing tunisia and panama.

but now they're out, the same moody campaigners in their media have popped their heads up and predictably started putting in the boots. from saying they were crap, to trying to ride the it's coming home train, and then back to saying they were crap, all from 1 mistake at the back. did they have the hardest run to the final? no. but it has been a hell of a tournament, for both england and just the viewer. big scalps out early, some great goals, great players still in, and an underdog making the final against a top class side wanting 'revenge' for their euros failure.

it's been a hell of a world cup. and i couldn't have begrudged any of he semi finalists winning, but only 2 could.

_102508926_fewest-shots-on-target.png

Still laughing at these muppets. In 2006 Stevie G and Lamps were going to strike fear into opposition defences. 2010 they were going all the way with Capello. In 2012 there was no pressure and they were stoked to draw Italy in the quarters. In 2014 after getting drawn with Italy and Uruguay again the expectation was off so they could play freely. Sturridge and Sterling were going to cause Italy and Uruguay trouble with their pace. In 2016 they were going to smash Iceland in the 2nd round. Now again in 2018 the pressure was off, then the draw opened up and football was coming home.

Football's not *en coming home you toothless gronks:D

choke
choke
choke
choke
choke
choke

LOL! Led in every single game they were eliminated too bar 2006 which ended 0-0 and resulted in a penalty defeat surprise surprise. 2002 were a man up against Brazil too yet played with an extra defender.

******* idiots.

led in each decisive game and blew it. You stink England. Need some antiperspirant on your way to the dentist.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back