2018 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

That is a ridiculous decision, I know North would be filthy if we lost it. Both sides did well in terms of the crowd and a half decent game last year.

It's ok , cause no doubt we will be playing you lot Anzac Day , cause the afl won't want to keep legging up the Drug cheats , salary cap cheats & what ever it takes club and the club that has more money than they know what to do with ?

Where did you hear that?

Wouldnt suprise me. AFL back to screwing us
Fox sports.

STRINGER’S DATE WITH THE DOGS

ESSENDON recruit Jake Stringer’s first match against the Western Bulldogs is locked in, with the enigmatic forward to take on the Dogs in Round 3, as revealed by the Herald Sun.

The news comes after the club officially confirmed on Friday that it would travel to Western Australia in Round 2 to take on Fremantle in what will be the Dockers’ first home game at the new Perth Stadium.

Unless it’s ess going to WA in round 2? Madness to send you interstate for rounds 1 & 2.

Fox sports.

ESSENDON recruit Jake Stringer’s first match against the Western Bulldogs is locked in, with the enigmatic forward to take on the Dogs in Round 3, as revealed by the Herald Sun.

The news comes after the club officially confirmed on Friday that it would travel to Western Australia in Round 2 to take on Fremantle in what will be the Dockers’ first home game at the new Perth Stadium.

Unless it’s ess going to WA in round 2? Madness to send you interstate for rounds 1 & 2.

Nah it's actually Essendon vs freo

Confirmed we have lost Good Friday

meh...Nice exposure and all, but putting aside the phony good Friday fundraising pretext, its clearly set up as a norf focused marquee game.

I expect that there will be a rolling fixture of the smaller Melbourne clubs playing norf going forward.

Last edited:
Fox sports.

Yeah Freo requested a big club for their first game at the new Freo stadium. Essendon like to say they are a big club, so off you go.

Last edited:
meh...Nice exposure and all but putting aside the phony good Friday fundraising pretext, its clearly set up as a norf focused marquee game.

I expect that there will be a rolling fixture of the smaller Melbourne clubs playing norf going forward.
Yeah certainly looks that way

I’ll take no Good Friday but a friendly overall draw v Good Friday with an ordinary draw

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First game 110pm Sunday

Back to irrelevant minnow status. Anyone that now doesn’t think we p!ssed away 2016 efforts needs to realise who we are in the AFL scale

That is a ridiculous decision, I know North would be filthy if we lost it. Both sides did well in terms of the crowd and a half decent game last year.
True, because it means that the AFL have not locked in teams to play it as an annual event. Expect that 2019, we may see Melbourne v St Kilda.

True, because it means that the AFL have not locked in teams to play it as an annual event. Expect that 2019, we may see Melbourne v St Kilda.
**** that

Melbourne already have 2 standalone games, they can stand on their own two feet now seeing how much the $FL want them to succeed commercially now.

The only Victorian clubs who don't have them are North, Dogs and Saints, that's what Good Friday should be for only

They may try to schedule a game in Ballarat around Easter on the long weekend, but that is also the same weekend of the Stawell Gift Carnival and I am not sure how booked up Ballarat gets with accommodation.

I actually like 1.10pm

3.20 and 4.40 are the bad ones
320 is the one that shits me the most on Sunday's

Awful public transport times, either gotta get there really early or risk getting there late

440 isn't too bad if you live not too far away, make a day of it, go out for a late lunch, have a few froths, home by 8-830-9

**** that

Melbourne already have 2 standalone games, they can stand on their own two feet now seeing how much the $FL want them to succeed commercially now.

The only Victorian clubs who don't have them are North, Dogs and Saints, that's what Good Friday should be for only
Melbourne are carrying the highest debt of the four teams, but as the city's namesake team, the oldest team in the AFL, and with the silvertail backing that they have, you'll never hear Melbourne FC ever come into any conversation associated with the words 'relocation', 'merger' or 'administration'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back