Things in Collingwood’s favour for me:

- The Mason Cox Story
- Trav Varcoe
- They didn’t beat us in 92 and 94
- Buckley is much less of a FIGJAM as a coach than as a player
- they are not Richmond
You forgot:

- they aren't Hawthorn

I like the Pies. I like how they work for each other and I like how they've gone about drafting. They also have a ruthless coach and I envy them.

I like the Pies. I like how they work for each other and I like how they've gone about drafting. They also have a ruthless coach and I envy them.
What changed in 12 months?

What changed in 12 months?
I tipped the Pies to win the flag when they were sitting 10th. The rabbi can verify as he had a good chuckle at the time.

Bucks is ruthless as a coach and has a brilliant system where you buy in or you don't play. He's been working on it for a while and it was always going to take time. He transformed Trav Varcoe from a player who avoided contact at Geelong to someone who relishes it at Collingwood. Their development of players is a lot better than ours and they don't tolerate players who refuse to work hard. They've drafted extremely well and are going to be formidable soon. I respect how they've gone about it.

I tipped the Pies to win the flag when they were sitting 10th. The rabbi can verify as he had a good chuckle at the time.

Bucks is ruthless as a coach and has a brilliant system where you buy in or you don't play. He's been working on it for a while and it was always going to take time. He transformed Trav Varcoe from a player who avoided contact at Geelong to someone who relishes it at Collingwood. Their development of players is a lot better than ours and they don't tolerate players who refuse to work hard. They've drafted extremely well and are going to be formidable soon. I respect how they've gone about it.
I mean 12 months ago...

Their list is meh imo.

I mean 12 months ago...
Their play earlier in the season reminded me of Geelong in 2011. I'm too drunk to go into further detail.

Their play earlier in the season reminded me of Geelong in 2011. I'm too drunk to go into further detail.
No worries. I’m just obtusely trying to say a lot can change in 12 months. :thumbsu:

No worries. I’m just obtusely trying to say a lot can change in 12 months. :thumbsu:
Of course it can. But if you're subtly implying Geelong's will. I'm confident it won't unless we change our coach and captain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And a “meh” list.
Personnel has nothing to do with a good system or structure. look at their injury list this year.

Scott can't coach and has a poor system for finals football, and he's not ruthless enough. I'm going to bed.

Personnel has nothing to do with a good system or structure. look at their injury list this year.

Scott can't coach and has a poor system for finals football, and he's not ruthless enough. I'm going to bed.
They finished 13th last year with, in your words, a “meh” list. Now, they either improved their list dramatically in 12 months or their list was actually pretty good and they managed to turn it around with some other changes. How they did it is what is interesting.

Last edited:
Haha, suck eggs Richmond... Their players were getting so cocky, I knew they were gonna do a Cats 08 and choke.

Caddy, Prestia, Dusty - were all getting smug against their opponents this year.

That was my second favourite Collingwood game ever! And ironically, Trav Varcoe played a pivotal role in both this one and the one at the top of the pile...

Yep - if only Geelong had a coach with a pair when it comes to dealing with players not working hard enough...

Now then, who was it who said 8 of the last 10 minor premiers did NOT win the flag? Oh that’s right, I did.

More importantly, thank you Sportsbet for generous odds on Collingwood. It shall be appreciated in the coming weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back