List Mgmt. 2018 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some interesting melt downs happening on various boards...
Adelaide- how much they gave for Gibbs
Pies- How much they gave for Murray
Suns- How much they gave for WC pick

Glad we are enjoying some predictability and stability over here ;)

Fair to say you blokes have not been my favourite team after the McCarthy stuff went down, but on this deal, can’t fault your club - said you understood his issues, were sympathetic and would get him home and you did.
We had no control over McCarthys pathetic management.

Wilson acted with class. Therefore it all worked out.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

We had no control over McCarthys pathetic management.

Wilson acted with class. Therefore it all worked out.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I also think Freo handled it better. Rather than leak a big contract was on the table and then he requests a trade...then declare mental health reasons (all looking like increasingly desperate attempts to get home), this time Freo allowed the player to communicate with the club and the trade could be carried out behind closed doors rather than in the media.

Much better feeling about this one

an hour to go, are we done for the trade period or are we looking a something at the eleventh hour?

Bam Bam for pick 28. Then just the 'surprise' - hopefully the surprise is ... we don't do anything else!

Would leave us with picks 11, 27, 28, 57, 65 to take to draft. Hopefully match (later) bids on Shipley & Powell with the last 2, and draft 3 players with the remainder. If Mummy retires, get a DFA in if necessary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bam Bam for pick 28. Then just the 'surprise' - hopefully the surprise is ... we don't do anything else!

Would leave us with picks 11, 27, 28, 57, 65 to take to draft. Hopefully match (later) bids on Shipley & Powell with the last 2, and draft 3 players with the remainder. If Mummy retires, get a DFA in if necessary.

The surprise is Honeychurch

I am astounded at the GC Freo trade for Weller......

Suns won't be getting better anytime soon and Lynch has prob already started packing his bags

Yes. Something different from us. We will need a few options at 11. Obviously I hope Jack Higgins is there, but if say Saints or Carlton take him with their second selection, need to consider who is next best. Then two second round selections. I think we will look for 2 defenders, so that area of the draft is reasonable. I think they will look for speed, but I hope they also consider accuracy in kicking, leadership potential. I'm thinking, Ed Richards, Matt Ling, Jack Petrucelle are some we might consider. Other option is another small forward like Spargo or Miers, but I believe that we should have that position covered with other selections.

Yes. Something different from us. We will need a few options at 11. Obviously I hope Jack Higgins is there, but if say Saints or Carlton take him with their second selection, need to consider who is next best. Then two second round selections. I think we will look for 2 defenders, so that area of the draft is reasonable. I think they will look for speed, but I hope they also consider accuracy in kicking, leadership potential. I'm thinking, Ed Richards, Matt Ling, Jack Petrucelle are some we might consider. Other option is another small forward like Spargo or Miers, but I believe that we should have that position covered with other selections.

I think 11 will be a pretty good spot for us to pick up at least 1 of the guys we need and have talked about. I imagine if we miss Higgins then we can probably pick up Spargo with one of those picks in the 20's and he looks a good prospect.

Here is an early ATG Phantom!

1. Brisbane Lions - Luke Davies-Uniacke
2. Fremantle - Paddy Dow
3. Carlton - Cameron Rayner
4. North Melbourne - Adam Cerra
5. Fremantle - Jaidyn Stephenson
6. Collingwood - Jarrod Brander
7. St Kilda - Darcy Fogarty
8. St Kilda - Nick Coffield
9. Western Bulldogs - Andrew Brayshaw
10. Carlton - Sam Hayes
11. GWS - Jack Higgins

FWIW I would be equally happy with Coffield having watched his tapes.....perfect replacement for Shaw.

Shaw Davis Haynes
Williams Corr Deledio
Whitfield Coniglio Kelly
Greene Cameron de Boer
Scully Patton Taranto
Lobb Ward Shiel
Hopper Tomlinson Setterfield Griffen

I think 11 will be a pretty good spot for us to pick up at least 1 of the guys we need and have talked about. I imagine if we miss Higgins then we can probably pick up Spargo with one of those picks in the 20's and he looks a good prospect.

2. Fremantle - Paddy Dow
10. Carlton - Sam Hayes
11. GWS - Jack Higgins

FWIW I would be equally happy with Coffield having watched his tapes.....perfect replacement for Shaw.
Cumming is Shaw’s replacement

2. Fremantle - Paddy Dow
10. Carlton - Sam Hayes
11. GWS - Jack Higgins

Agree that 11 is a good spot - it certainly wasn't worthwhile (IMHO) losing a second round selection to move up higher. My only concern in looking at your phantom draft is that I suspect Brander doesn't go so early ... Pies take Coffield instead ... opens Saints' second selection up. And I'm not sure Carlton would go Hayes so early. If they went Cerra at #3 to get a developing inside mid, then they might think small forward for their second. Still, we are just in the same place as other teams are every year - with hopes & desires and fingers crossed until draft night. If he is gone, then the picks in the 20s open up Spargo or Gyran Miers as guys who I like as possible small forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back