List Mgmt. 2018 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe both clubs have had wins in our trade history and I don't think you will be screwed at all. If both do come to the Blues I expect a mutually beneficial deal will be done.
My view is the last couple of years the trades have been so complex probably only the list managers know who won the trades.

Something like Griffen, Kennedy and Smith for a first and second. It’ll give us salary cap relief too.
Only for next year, which is pretty short term thinking compared to actually getting decent draft picks which could set us up for longer. Not a huge fan of that's the path we go down.

We get a first and second round pick...
My point was that I think we'd get better returns by only trading Smith and Kennedy rather than aiming to include Griffen for salary cap relief.

My point was that I think we'd get better returns by only trading Smith and Kennedy rather than aiming to include Griffen for salary cap relief.
I'm not sure where all the talk about Griffen being washed up comes from. He has been in our best 22 since he arrived, whether we agree with Leon's call or not. I think as long as he's fit he will start next year there at least.

I'm not sure where all the talk about Griffen being washed up comes from. He has been in our best 22 since he arrived, whether we agree with Leon's call or not. I think as long as he's fit he will start next year there at least.
I'm willing to admit my opinion is often different to Leon's. Personally I haven't been too impressed with his impact since he moved up here, and wouldn't be upset with seeing a younger player step in given our core is now hitting their prime and experience isn't as vital to import as it was. I'm not sure where the salary cap dump came from though.

I'm willing to admit my opinion is often different to Leon's. Personally I haven't been too impressed with his impact since he moved up here, and wouldn't be upset with seeing a younger player step in given our core is now hitting their prime and experience isn't as vital to import as it was. I'm not sure where the salary cap dump came from though.
I get where your opinion comes from, and I dont disagree. It's seems to me we've had better talent available in the midfield.
Leon's never wavered though, and even had a go at critics of him suggesting the public dont see his input.
I was just being realistic.

As expected -
The GIANTS wish to advise that defender Nathan Wilson has requested a trade home to Western Australia due to family reasons, while Devon Smith and Matthew Kennedy have notified the club they will look to explore trade opportunities during the upcoming trade period.
Wilson is seeking a move to Western Australia to be closer to family and despite being contracted to the GIANTS until the end of 2018, the club has agreed to use best endeavours to facilitate a trade for the 24-year-old, in addition Smith and Kennedy, who are both out of contract.
"We are sympathetic to Nathan’s situation and we understand Devon and Matt’s wish to explore opportunities during the trade period,” said GIANTS General Manager Football Wayne Campbell. "We’ll now work with the respective players and their managers to arrive at the most appropriate outcome." Meanwhile GIANTS rookie-listed veteran Tendai Mzungu has informed the club of his AFL retirement. The club thanks Tendai for his contribution across the 2017 season.
http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2017-09-28/giants-player-movements

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't want to believe it till it happened. I can see Wilson being an issue, but I suspect everyone will tip toe because of McCarthy. Interesting to see hiw it develops.
Wish Matt and Devon well, it's their call

Totally different situation to McCarthy as Wilson signed as a 17 year old with us all the way back in 2010 so his put in 7 years with us so unlike McCarthy has credits in the bank and has a very reasonable reason for seeking trade.

Totally different situation to McCarthy as Wilson signed as a 17 year old with us all the way back in 2010 so his put in 7 years with us so unlike McCarthy has credits in the bank and has a very reasonable reason for seeking trade.
Fair enough
I just meant in terms of a contracted WA player going home. I think he should be traded to the best we can get from WC or Freo.
Could argue the club has invested more in developing him than Cam though

What happened? Didn't Wilson say he wanted to stay only a few weeks ago?

I didn't want to believe it till it happened. I can see Wilson being an issue, but I suspect everyone will tip toe because of McCarthy. Interesting to see hiw it develops.
Wish Matt and Devon well, it's their call
Different cituation to McCarthy.

Wilson has been open and honest and didnt just dump it on the club.

Im sure the 3 will get to where they want to go and we will be fairly delt with by those clubs.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Different cituation to McCarthy.

Wilson has been open and honest and didnt just dump it on the club.

Im sure the 3 will get to where they want to go and we will be fairly delt with by those clubs.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I don't see any need to resent MaCarthy. He was a teenager after all. I just hope thete's no repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back