List Mgmt. 2018 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He hasn't officially made it until there's a thread on him in the DT board.
Surely in his 4th year he won't do a runner when It's finally coming together?

I guess he club has to find cash to pay him what he's worth though. That probabky won' be easy if he has the year that he looks like having.

Surely in his 4th year he won't do a runner when It's finally coming together?

Six years - we brought him up from the country on scholarship for his last two years oh high school, played him at the Hills Eagles (and I think a couple of NEAFL games) before drafting him.

Probably our longest term project player. He was on our radar very early.

Six years - we brought him up from the country on scholarship for his last two years oh high school, played him at the Hills Eagles (and I think a couple of NEAFL games) before drafting him.

Probably our longest term project player. He was on our radar very early.
Stand corrected tks, I did not know that.

Fortunately they landed Langdon who looks an absolute gun. Word on Daniels is very positive as well and they have wheels.

Marshall though...he looks a bit special.
I must admit that I was surprised & a bit disappointed that we passed on Charlie Spargo given his availability in the second round, after his mum's strident criticism of the AFL decision to withdraw those guys from the academy. However, I believe he's not as quick as either Langdon or Daniels ... I can only surmise (and trust) the club's assessment in the areas of speed and commitment. Obviously they felt that the hunger of a previously passed over kid with speed to burn (i.e. Langdon) at a later round pick and the combo of Daniels & Taylor in the second round was a better overall investment. We shall see how it pans out over the coming years (and pass judgement on the club, of course!).

I must admit that I'm not gutted by Marshall's loss. He looks a good kid on his few Port games, but at the time seemed tremendously overhyped because of the academy situation, and his linkage to the academy in terms of time served was pretty tenuous. I don't mind sticking to the rules - then we can point out that we're following what's set down. At this point, he wouldn't be getting a run in first grade with GWS anyway. However, we do need to be looking at options after Patton and Cameron in the next couple of drafts. There could always be the option to steal him home in a few years, depending on the $ situation.

Serious question, how's your academy program going in Western Sydney, are they any draftable prospects in the pipeline?

Well Shipley will turn a few heads when he gets on the park. Was super impressed by him in the JLT. As for next year and beyond, not sure to be honest. I don’t follow the older ones that much, but I see quite a bit of junior footy from around the west.

There are a few youngsters in the early stages of the program from my son’s local club (12,13,14) - there’s a long way to go, but if they keep progressing.... and of course, the other junior clubs are all improving too. There are some kids out there that could be anything. Blacktown Suns have a couple of Sudanese kids that have some freakish skills. The standard has leaped in the last 2 years pretty much across the board.

I must admit that I was surprised & a bit disappointed that we passed on Charlie Spargo given his availability in the second round, after his mum's strident criticism of the AFL decision to withdraw those guys from the academy. However, I believe he's not as quick as either Langdon or Daniels ... I can only surmise (and trust) the club's assessment in the areas of speed and commitment. Obviously they felt that the hunger of a previously passed over kid with speed to burn (i.e. Langdon) at a later round pick and the combo of Daniels & Taylor in the second round was a better overall investment. We shall see how it pans out over the coming years (and pass judgement on the club, of course!).

I must admit that I'm not gutted by Marshall's loss. He looks a good kid on his few Port games, but at the time seemed tremendously overhyped because of the academy situation, and his linkage to the academy in terms of time served was pretty tenuous. I don't mind sticking to the rules - then we can point out that we're following what's set down. At this point, he wouldn't be getting a run in first grade with GWS anyway. However, we do need to be looking at options after Patton and Cameron in the next couple of drafts. There could always be the option to steal him home in a few years, depending on the $ situation.

With Marshall I think we did stick to the rules and his position in Academy was as legitimate as others. Apparently he messed up a form...he was highly touted at the time and the AFL were under siege so they got technical.

As for his ability, I e seen enough last year and this year to say he would easily get a game in our best 22. General for one is not going as well and Lobb only playing because we have no ruck depth thanks to overlooking Grundy 5 times in his draft.

With Marshall I think we did stick to the rules and his position in Academy was as legitimate as others. Apparently he messed up a form...he was highly touted at the time and the AFL were under siege so they got technical.

As for his ability, I e seen enough last year and this year to say he would easily get a game in our best 22. General for one is not going as well and Lobb only playing because we have no ruck depth thanks to overlooking Grundy 5 times in his draft.
Grundy tanked his interviews with a lot of teams. Had eyes for the pies

Grundy tanked his interviews with a lot of teams. Had eyes for the pies

I think that's overstating matters.

Grundy went in very demanding and controlled a lot of the interviews, wanting to know how the club would prepare him, etc, instead of playing the usual "just grateful to be drafted" role. That put a lot of the teams off because they don't want the hassle of dealing with players who think for themselves. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well Grundy is about the only player the pies havent stuffed up in the last few years so he was right there I suppose.

Jay Clark dishing up his normal BS on MMM saying Dylan Shiel rumoured to be gettable in clubland and St Kilda ready to launch a bid (YAWN).

Yep like they successfully launched on Patton,Cameron, Shiel (previously), Whitfield, Kelly and Tommo??

Dyl has probably been our most consistently loyal bloke in shunning overs to stay until he finishes business with a flag.

Jay Clark dishing up his normal BS on MMM saying Dylan Shiel rumoured to be gettable in clubland and St Kilda ready to launch a bid (YAWN).

Yep like they successfully launched on Patton,Cameron, Shiel (previously), Whitfield, Kelly and Tommo??

Dyl has probably been our most consistently loyal bloke in shunning overs to stay until he finishes business with a flag.
Didnt Shiel sign an extension early last year.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hmm

Just thought it was because we had already signed this years stars and they had no one to bullshit over.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

GWS isn't special in this case.

Can I just say I am very happy we didn't draft Higgins. I am getting more comfortable with my opinion (I could be wrong) of a classic case of FIGJAM. I don't think it ends well (at some point) at any club at any level.

Congratulations to the players selected to represent the GIANTS Academy U16 and U18 Teams in games this coming weekend at Blacktown International Sports Park.

U18 TEAM
U18 NAB AFL National Academy Series - Round 1
Saturday 14th April @ 3pm (BISP Oval 1) v Northern Territory
A squad of 25 has been listed with emergencies still to be finalised following injury assessments in the next 24 hours. A team of 23 will play against NT, whilst the yet to be confirmed emergencies will represent the GIANTS NEAFL.

Ben KELLY Mathew WALKER Cameron EDWARDS Matthew McGRORY Daniel CERNI Maxwell BEAUMONT Ed PERRYMAN Nicholas MURRAY Guy RICHARDSON Riley BICE *Jack POWELL *Riley BUDD
Jack ROWSTON Riley CORBETT Jacob KOSCHITZKE Shaun DRISCOLL James PEATLING Thomas GREEN Jeromy LUCAS *Tyh EVANS *Kieren BRIGGS Will CHANDLER Kobe LLOYD *William CLARK
Liam DELAHUNTY

U16 TEAM

U16 AFL NSW/ACT Academy Series Round 1
Saturday 14th April @ 10am (BISP Oval 2) v Swans Academy
All listed 23 names will represent the GIANTS.

Bailey BEATTIE Joel DUNSTALL Cameron McLEOD Joshua GREEN Charlie BYRNE Logan BERRYMAN Coopa STEELE Luke ARGUS Couper TREMBATH Maclayn HALLOWS Daniel TURNER Matthew HAMBLIN Darcy IRVINE Maximus MONAGHAN Darcy MELKSHAM Patrick PARNELL Drew BEAVAN Sam MACKLAN Hamish GILMORE Tim ORGAN Jack CULLEN Wes CLARKE Jack DRISCOLL

Congratulations to the players selected to represent the GIANTS Academy U16 and U18 Teams in games this coming weekend at Blacktown International Sports Park.

U18 TEAM
U18 NAB AFL National Academy Series - Round 1
Saturday 14th April @ 3pm (BISP Oval 1) v Northern Territory
A squad of 25 has been listed with emergencies still to be finalised following injury assessments in the next 24 hours. A team of 23 will play against NT, whilst the yet to be confirmed emergencies will represent the GIANTS NEAFL.

Ben KELLY Mathew WALKER Cameron EDWARDS Matthew McGRORY Daniel CERNI Maxwell BEAUMONT Ed PERRYMAN Nicholas MURRAY Guy RICHARDSON Riley BICE *Jack POWELL *Riley BUDD
Jack ROWSTON Riley CORBETT Jacob KOSCHITZKE Shaun DRISCOLL James PEATLING Thomas GREEN Jeromy LUCAS *Tyh EVANS *Kieren BRIGGS Will CHANDLER Kobe LLOYD *William CLARK
Liam DELAHUNTY

U16 TEAM

U16 AFL NSW/ACT Academy Series Round 1
Saturday 14th April @ 10am (BISP Oval 2) v Swans Academy
All listed 23 names will represent the GIANTS.

Bailey BEATTIE Joel DUNSTALL Cameron McLEOD Joshua GREEN Charlie BYRNE Logan BERRYMAN Coopa STEELE Luke ARGUS Couper TREMBATH Maclayn HALLOWS Daniel TURNER Matthew HAMBLIN Darcy IRVINE Maximus MONAGHAN Darcy MELKSHAM Patrick PARNELL Drew BEAVAN Sam MACKLAN Hamish GILMORE Tim ORGAN Jack CULLEN Wes CLARKE Jack DRISCOLL
What’s with the asterisks?

Koschitzke?

Any from WS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back