Draft Profile 2018 Mature Aged Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Expect Josh Corbett to be the first selected VFL player come draft night.

Also, for those interested, am currently working on a best 22 of draft potential state league prospects.

Will be a fun excercise

I'm looking forward to that mate.

A real feast of state league today with games in Vic, SA and WA all live streamed on the channel 7 website.

And of course Marlion Pickett played an absolute ripper yesterday on the Channel 7 live streamed game at Fremantle Oval.

Grigg should still be playing AFL. Teams like GC or Carlton should look at him. Mature big body who can make an immediate impact for them. Wouldnt cost much.
Not sure if he wants to. He is someone who likes to work and play footy rather than being full time AFL. He has a landscaping business. Not sure he has the want to put in the effort to being in AFL shape again

GC Bulletin reported on Friday that the Suns will take Marlon Pickett & Sam Collins as their 2 state priority picks... if the ruling eventuates which must be likely if they are leaking the info out?

What happens if Carlton wants Collins as well. Do Carlton get first choice due to finishing lower on the ladder?

SOS was seen watching Werribee play towards the end of the season, so I would say Carlton are keen on Collins as well or perhaps Corbett instead.

What happens if Carlton wants Collins as well. Do Carlton get first choice due to finishing lower on the ladder?

SOS was seen watching Werribee play towards the end of the season, so I would say Carlton are keen on Collins as well or perhaps Corbett instead.
Second ,third ,fourth choice alternative.

Carlton very keen on Corbett.

I'm looking forward to that mate.

A real feast of state league today with games in Vic, SA and WA all live streamed on the channel 7 website.

And of course Marlion Pickett played an absolute ripper yesterday on the Channel 7 live streamed game at Fremantle Oval.
Do you know much about East Perths ruckman Ajang Ajang?

Carlton very keen on Corbett.

So if both Carlton & Gold Coast are granted 2 mature aged concessions, as expected, then it'll look something like: Corbett, Collins, McAdam & Pickett.

Here's a list of what I reckon are the top 25 Mature aged prospects for the 2018 Draft:

Darcy Fort 205cm 6/8/1993 S/A
Zac Clarke 203cm 28/3/1990 W/A
Matthew Hammelmann 198cm 8/3/1996 QLD
Nathan Kreuger 196cm 25/6/1999 S/A
Oliver Eastland 196cm 26/3/1998 W/A
Sam Collins 194cm 15/6/1994 Werribee
Chris Burgess 193cm 6/6/1996 S/A
Callum Wilkie 191cm 10/3/1996 S/A
Will Fordham 190cm 14/3/1996 VFL
Josh Corbett 190cm 23/4/1996 Werribee
Marty Hore 189cm 5/3/1996 VFL
Andrew Moore 189cm 30/5/1991 VFL
Cody Leggett 188cm 10/6/1996 W/A
Tobe Watson 188cm 3/12/1997 W/A
Jye Bolton 187cm 3/3/1992 W/A
Matthew Parker 187cm 25/1/1996 W/A
Brett Bewley 185cm 14/4/1995 VFL
Shane McAdam 185cm 28/5/1995 S/A
Marlion Pickett 184cm 6/1/1992 W/A
Corey Rich 183cm 29/3/1997 VFL
Haiden Schloithe 182cm 16/2/1993 W/A
Matthew Nunn 181cm 18/4/1997 S/A
Nick Hind 181cm 19/8/1994 VFL
Matt Neagle 180cm 19/2/1998 Wodonga
Mitch Maguire 175cm 6/5/1998 ACT

Note: This doesn't include players cut off senior AFL lists this year thus far.

Usually about half a dozen of these blokes are selected each year.....Approximately half these guys have already had a stint on a senior AFL list.

Would be surprised if Zac Clarke wasn’t on our list next year

We’ve kept McInnes as some sort of hybrid forward/ruck - but we need genuine ruck depth and Clarke is performing valiantly at subi

Will be 30 next year, though worth the gamble given Nic Nats projected absence.....Also a more viable cheaper option, though Roughead seems West Coast bound already & will cost you nothing so far as a draft pick is concerned.

Will be 30 next year, though worth the gamble given Nic Nats projected absence.....Also a more viable cheaper option, though Roughead seems West Coast bound already & will cost you nothing so far as a draft pick is concerned.

But you can’t have a ruck division of only vardy and Roughead

Both injury prone

Clarke would be on a minimum dollars 2 year contract as injury cover plus keeping pressure on above

Stops us having to ruck barrass or brander

If Lycett leaves we have 1 fit ruck* - that’s vardy who barely plays half a season

*ignoring the project player who can’t make the wafl side

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you know much about East Perths ruckman Ajang Ajang?

Mate, I've been waiting for him to get opportunities at East Perth since his colts footy ended.

But with the alignment, yesterday was only his third league game.

He did make the 18's academy a few years ago.

198cm which isn't gigantic but with a leap like he has, does it matter!

It was a good duel between he and Eastland yesterday.

Mate, I've been waiting for him to get opportunities at East Perth since his colts footy ended.

But with the alignment, yesterday was only his third league game.

He did make the 18's academy a few years ago.

198cm which isn't gigantic but with a leap like he has, does it matter!

It was a good duel between he and Eastland yesterday.
I'll be honest I only watched the second half but I thought there was a lot to work with. I'm guessing he's 20-21? The mark he took going back with the flight in the last was aweosme

Last edited:
2018 WAFL mature aged Draft contenders (U/26) after first week of finals
1-Jye Bolton (CL)
2-Marlion Pickett (SF)
3-Luke Meadows (WP)
4-Cody Leggett (P)
5-Michael Bennell (P)
6-Jono Marsh (EF)
7-Shane Nelson (WP)
8-Haiden Schloithe (SF)
9-Brant Colledge (P)
10-Michael Sinclair (P)
11-Jared Hardisty (CL)
12-Josh DeLuca (S)
13-Oliver Eastland (CL)
14-Bailey Rogers (CL)
15-Tobe Watson (SD)
16-Cam Loersch (EF)
17-Ajang Ajang (EP)
18-Corey Byrne (P)
19-Dylan Smallwood (CL)
20-Corey Gault (SD)
21-Blair Bell (PT)
22-Jesse Turner (SD)
23-Matthew Parker (SF)
24-Cody Ninyette (P)
25-Jordan Boullineau (PT)
26-Tyler Keitel (WP)
27-Jacob Dragovich (SF)
28-Dylan Main (SF)
29-William Reidy (SD)
30-Brandon Donaldson (SF)

Watching-Chad Pearson (SF), Jack Beeck (CL), Asher Samelko (EP), Greg Clark (S), Mitch Dobson (EP), Ben Sokol (S), Jeremy Goddard (CL), Tommy Edwards-Baldwin (S), Warrick Wilson (SD), Sean Fletcher (EF), Declan Hardisty (CL), Jacob Miller (S), Stan Wright (EP), Zac Gaudagnin (WP), Jarrad Jansen (EF), Ryan Borchet (S), Mitchell Peirce (WP), Patrick Italiano (SD), Kaiden Gilbert (CL), Nathan Blakely (SD)

Overall best player votes including over 26's after final round
Finals votes in brackets

301 Shane Nelson (WP) (22)
290 Jye Bolton (CL) (11)
285 Aaron Black (WP) (12)
248 George Hampson (EF)
244 Brant Colledge (P)
240 Kyal Horsley (S)
229 Danyle Pearce* (PT)
214 Clint Jones (P)
210 Andrew Strijk (WP)
204 Ben Howlett (PT)
196 Corey Yeo (P)
191 Marlion Pickett (SF) (21)
183 Tony Notte (SD)
175 Jono Marsh (EF)
174 Zac Clarke (S), Jayden Schofield (EF)
173 Jared Hardisty (CL)
172 Nic Suban (SF) (16), Josh DeLuca (S)
170 Luke Meadows (WP) (7)
167 Lachlan Delahunty (S)
165 Kane Mitchell (CL) (15)
162 Haiden Schloithe (SF) (9)
159 Michael Sinclair (P)
154 Corey Gault (SD)
153 Chris Phelan (S)
148 Tobe Watson (SD), Pat McGinnity (EP) (21)
146 Luke Partington* (EP) (6)
145 Rhys Palmer (SD)
143 Cam Eardley (EF)
142 Shane Hockey (SF)
141 Cody Leggett (P)
140 Brayden Ainsworth* (EP) (8), Jacob Dragovich (SF)

Last edited:
Surely Mitch Grigg gets a look? about to win his 2nd Magarey medal for Norwood.. maybe age is against him.. he will be 26 in Jan. He is carving it up in the sanfl

Surely Mitch Grigg gets a look? about to win his 2nd Magarey medal for Norwood.. maybe age is against him.. he will be 26 in Jan. He is carving it up in the sanfl
Mitch did win the Magarey again.
I love the bloke but I don’t think getting drafted is the top of his priorities. He seems quite content playing at the club he loves and doesn’t seem to want to push himself further

Will be absolutely disgraceful if some of the poor teams get access to mature age draftees. All clubs had access to Stewart menegola and Kelly. Why should some clubs have that unfair advantage when they refuse to draft older players with the draft picks they do have

Corey Rich signed up with Frankston again.. would that suggest he isn't getting draft?
Nah, VFL have a mandatory "drafted" clause in all their contracts.

Nah, VFL have a mandatory "drafted" clause in all their contracts.

Did you manage to get out to Port Melb today eth-dog?....If so, how did young Nick Hind & Jake Aarts both perform?

Impressive effort to knock the Minor Premiers out of the race.

Any other non-affiliated VFL players catch your eye & put their hands up to be drafted?

I noticed that Heppels' brother was named in the bests.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back