Mature Age Mature Age Prospects 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't watch every WAFL league game but I'm surprised Noah Pegoraro (WP) doesn't get more mentions. It's a shame he is 26 because his footy just keeps getting better and he plays at both ends of the ground now. Looks ready made and could give a club 5 years service.

I wanted geelong to take him last year and with sav going id still be keen.

They say? Who is they?
To be fair , I have heard in latter draft picks those considered to be from good familys get preference, hopefully that is not discriminatory against for those players that came from single parent households

To be fair , I have heard in latter draft picks those considered to be from good familys get preference, hopefully that is not discriminatory against for those players that came from single parent households
Being from a good family has nothing to do with how many parents you have, but rather the quality of your parenting, whether you are a quality individual, and self motivated.

Being from a good family has nothing to do with how many parents you have, but rather the quality of your parenting, whether you are a quality individual, and self motivated.
So if a kid came from a housing commission place (state school) and another from an upmarket housing estate (private school) which kid would they go for . Once upon a time the main consideration was how well you played football

Harry Grant (Central Districts) will win the Magarey Medal this year. 22Yo mid fielder. Ex-GWS academy
Would be a joke if him , K Ryan and D'aloia aren't picked up, they would walk into the best 22 of most of the teams that missed finals

So if a kid came from a housing commission place (state school) and another from an upmarket housing estate (private school) which kid would they go for . Once upon a time the main consideration was how well you played football
No idea.

You’d have to name both players, so someone could assess their footballing ability.

The majority of quality city kids are on a footy scholarship by year 10 or 11, regardless of where they live.

The APS schools are even picking up kids from interstate on footy scholarships (there are kids from both the Lions & Suns academies on footy scholarships in Vic).

If your kid at the State school hasn’t been offered a scholarship to a private school, fair chance he’s not a genuine draft prospect.

*I’m just some random numpty on the interwebs sitting at home in another State, so I’d be taking my posts with a big bucket of salt.

No idea.

You’d have to name both players, so someone could assess their footballing ability.

The majority of quality city kids are on a footy scholarship by year 10 or 11, regardless of where they live.

The APS schools are even picking up kids from interstate on footy scholarships (there are kids from both the Lions & Suns academies on footy scholarships in Vic).

If your kid at the State school hasn’t been offered a scholarship to a private school, fair chance he’s not a genuine draft prospect.

*I’m just some random numpty on the interwebs sitting at home in another State, so I’d be taking my posts with a big bucket of salt.
You seem to know your stuff, AFL is becoming a business with quotas , if there is a private school bias it will affect the northern states as the Private schools up there won't be offering Aussie Rule scholarships

Might be the wrong thread and if so, sorry but what's the reason Kai Owens wasn't part of the Saints NGA like his brother was? Or was he eligible and we just didn't draft him?

You seem to know your stuff, AFL is becoming a business with quotas , if there is a private school bias it will affect the northern states as the Private schools up there won't be offering Aussie Rule scholarships
Northern states have academies.

Where a kid goes to school is hardly relevant.

Recent discussion on our board shows there are biases towards kids from the QAFL clubs.

I've been watching a lot of Claremont games recently to make Curtin videos and I've been impressed by Anthony Davis. 196cm, quick and agile, still only 22. Loves to run off his man and rack up possessions. Takes a tall opponent for Claremont but it feels like he'd be quite capable of taking a variety of assignments.

I've been watching a lot of Claremont games recently to make Curtin videos and I've been impressed by Anthony Davis. 196cm, quick and agile, still only 22. Loves to run off his man and rack up possessions. Takes a tall opponent for Claremont but it feels like he'd be quite capable of taking a variety of assignments.
Monocle - are you able to share your thoughts on him mate?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Monocle - are you able to share your thoughts on him mate?

Good WAFL player, no more and no less.

That said o have seen stranger things happen and as we know draft time is full of surprises.

Harry Boyd looks pretty dominant in the SANFL as a ruckman, anybody who watches a fair bit of that got a bit to say about him.?

Shaun Mannagh Looks the best of the VFL prospects.

Harry Boyd looks pretty dominant in the SANFL as a ruckman, anybody who watches a fair bit of that got a bit to say about him.?

Shaun Mannagh Looks the best of the VFL prospects.
Boyd is a very solid ruck, though this year he was well below the standard he set in 2022 I thought where he murdered pretty much every opponent week in week out. This year he had a few more break evens and even losses but he's certainly right up there as one of the best rucks outside the AFL. Very strong body, good at the taps and fights for it on the ground, very good clearance numbers for a ruck. Bit clumsy at times and isn't hugely tall (198cm) but super strong. Worthy for a shot for a side needing depth.

Based on what I've seen, Toby Pink is probably the most likely Glenelg mature ager to be picked up again.
Which end of the ground has Pink been playing? He was used mostly as a forward while with the Swans but I always wondered how he’d go as a key defender. Height, good pace, but didn’t seem to have the creative instincts to be a key forward.

Which end of the ground has Pink been playing? He was used mostly as a forward while with the Swans but I always wondered how he’d go as a key defender. Height, good pace, but didn’t seem to have the creative instincts to be a key forward.

He's been down back. Glenelg forward line is stacked for taller options with McBean, Hosie and Reynolds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back