Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mention of Freo in this morning's paper except as an aside to Tim English. Numerous articles about the other team of course.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I noticed the same thing. Not sure why we have a media thread as we get fook all coverage from 7 west media and even less from the Eastern states media. It sounds like our club is having some kind of shite fight with the local media and I have only read a small number of mentions of it on BF and none elsewhere.

Our club and 7 west media are both stupid if any of this is true. Pathetic to say the least.

I noticed the same thing. Not sure why we have a media thread as we get fook all coverage from 7 west media and even less from the Eastern states media. It sounds like our club is having some kind of shite fight with the local media and I have only read a small number of mentions of it on BF and none elsewhere.

Our club and 7 west media are both stupid if any of this is true. Pathetic to say the least.
Yes, it makes me feel paranoid. What new s**t-storm is the media preparing for us?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tim Gossage and Matt (Mark?) have both had a go at the club on twitter with regards to media access recently.

Yeah I'm like you westy1 never watch those shows they're cringeworthy for mine, but thanks gaskin for the opportunity to hear what they say about us without having to watch them polish their knobs for an hour.
The female on the Game Day sounded as though she's watched some footy; pretty accurate about our skipper.

Yeah I'm like you westy1 never watch those shows they're cringeworthy for mine, but thanks gaskin for the opportunity to hear what they say about us without having to watch them polish their knobs for an hour.
The female on the Game Day sounded as though she's watched some footy; pretty accurate about our skipper.
Are you talking about Daisy Pearce? She's only played a LOT of footy, and is one of the marquee AFLW players. But yeah she was great, actually talking about Freo for a change before the boys got their 2 cents in and you could've sworn that the dogs were the only team that played.
I'm surprised they didn't mention what the club's gone through the 24 hours previously with Yarran, even though they showed Walters' tribute.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you talking about Daisy Pearce? She's only played a LOT of footy, and is one of the marquee AFLW players. But yeah she was great, actually talking about Freo for a change before the boys got their 2 cents in and you could've sworn that the dogs were the only team that played.
I'm surprised they didn't mention what the club's gone through the 24 hours previously with Yarran, even though they showed Walters' tribute.

I doubt their brains could negotiate all the considerations of the suicide of an Indigenous man so ignoring would just be self preservation.

I did not know who she was or I would have used her name.
She seemed to me to be head and shoulders above the pack in terms of her knowledge, judgement and relevance.

They did earlier in the show. I think it was around 8 or 9 minutes in IIRC.

She was the boundary rider for one game last weekend to make up the commentary team because the Comm Games were on.. I thought she was pretty good, sounded like she had a clue. Wish she was on more often than the usual old boys club.

I hope you guys are listening to Peter Sumich on 6pr.
1st class utensil head , nothing but negativity coming out of his mouth , I understand a fair slap but this guy obviously has an axe too grind
TBF he did pick Freo to win the Derby on or this afternoon.

Daisy Pearce >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> majority of the "mens club".

There are a good number of footy commentators who are Neanderthals, and they resent a women being more articulate when talking about "their" game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back