Fantasy 2018 - Omega Dynasty League

Remove this Banner Ad

You can't just use keepers for that?
I do use Keepers. But here's the thing....

Omega is a 32 active roster with 4 IR league. We have a rookie only draft. So what we decided best was that people could hold onto their rosters from previous year, as we entered and exited the draft. So let's say you draft 6 players. Your current roster is already maxed out at 32 AND you have 4 players on IR who are no longer IR eligible and should be moved back to active roster -- which is maxed out. So people want all June, July and August to work out which 32 players total they want to keep. So after the OFFLINE draft, I can't submit all the draftees because everyone's rosters are maxed out. Instead, what we have to do on ESPN is after the draft in June/July, people kick back and watch pre-season and all that, and about a few days before the regular season starts, everyone has to report back which 32 players from their current 32 active roster + 4 IR that shouldn't be on IR anymore + 6 draftees + any other trades for players they made. There might be like 48 players they're carrying and have to decide. The carrying is done on spreadsheet - where I list just all the NEW acquisitions (traded for players + draftees). And about a week before regular season starts I will tag each of you motherfckers and ask you which players you want to drop and letting you know the position maxes too so you can figure out who and how many must be cut from a position too. Once everyone's reported back -- and they must report back diligently -- then I can sit there and laboriously enter in all the new players they want to keep, and cutting the players they don't want.

HOWEVER -- people CAN cut players from their rosters at any time between now and that deadline. So ideally that would be fantastic if people day by day logged into their Omega league page and culled their rosters little by little so there's room for all their new acquisitions.

I assumed it was on people to organise their roster being under the limit
It's ideal if they do...little by little, deciding as the days go along. Like I just cut about 6 players from my team tonight. Trying to make room for my two new WR acquisitions. Soon as there's room, I'll be able to move them across from your team to my team. But, there's no hurry to do so right now. Still, I'm endeavoring to. So people can do the same, as we head toward the draft, if they already feel like there are certain players they no longer want.

I cut my roster down to 30 and then moved the two players from Blacky's team I traded for over to my team. All happy now on 32 and awaiting the draft ;)

BTW....I just fixed up the QB scoring.

What i'm going by for now, when assessing, is that I have about 9 QBs scoring over 200. About 8 RBs scoring over 200. About 9 WRs scoring over 200. From last season's stats. That's kinda the balance I wanted.

Have a look and let me know if you feel content with that.

Down to

jim-brown-cleveland-browns.jpg

I do use Keepers. But here's the thing....

Omega is a 32 active roster with 4 IR league. We have a rookie only draft. So what we decided best was that people could hold onto their rosters from previous year, as we entered and exited the draft. So let's say you draft 6 players. Your current roster is already maxed out at 32 AND you have 4 players on IR who are no longer IR eligible and should be moved back to active roster -- which is maxed out. So people want all June, July and August to work out which 32 players total they want to keep. So after the OFFLINE draft, I can't submit all the draftees because everyone's rosters are maxed out. Instead, what we have to do on ESPN is after the draft in June/July, people kick back and watch pre-season and all that, and about a few days before the regular season starts, everyone has to report back which 32 players from their current 32 active roster + 4 IR that shouldn't be on IR anymore + 6 draftees + any other trades for players they made. There might be like 48 players they're carrying and have to decide. The carrying is done on spreadsheet - where I list just all the NEW acquisitions (traded for players + draftees). And about a week before regular season starts I will tag each of you motherfckers and ask you which players you want to drop and letting you know the position maxes too so you can figure out who and how many must be cut from a position too. Once everyone's reported back -- and they must report back diligently -- then I can sit there and laboriously enter in all the new players they want to keep, and cutting the players they don't want.

HOWEVER -- people CAN cut players from their rosters at any time between now and that deadline. So ideally that would be fantastic if people day by day logged into their Omega league page and culled their rosters little by little so there's room for all their new acquisitions.

Everyone cuts rosters to 32 (you're really only clearing IR which shouldn't be that hard)
Increase bench by 6 (or max number of picks any one team has).
Draft.
Cut to 32.
Decrease bench.
???
Profit.

Any issues with that?

Everyone cuts rosters to 32 (you're really only clearing IR which shouldn't be that hard)
Draft.
Cut to 32.
Decrease bench.
???
Profit.

Any issues with that?
Your logic has no place here

Draft.
Cut to 32.
Decrease bench.
???
Profit.

Any issues with that?
Seem to recall one epic effort by GG in Alpha maybe where he ended up trading in about 20 (possible exaggeration) late picks. So have to factor that in as a lot of that happened during the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't fix stupid.

Or can I?

Bench increased to total number of picks in the draft.
Pretty sure he even drafted players who never made it on to the ESPN system so obscure were some of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back