Autopsy 2018 Rd 16 Bolton's Battered Blues Belted By Brisbane *Play Nice*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread has provided a very good demonstration of why the likes of Whateley & Cornes keep potting our club. There is a captive market of Carlton supporters, small though that this market is, who suffer from major anxiety everytime the aforementioned footy jerks (they are not journos) put us in the firing line. These type of jerks would be put out of business if they couldn't guarantee getting such responses from any of our supporters.

May I be so impertinent to ask this question?
By way of introduction to the question I note the following.
First, this is our worst season in the post 2015 development. This is year 3.
Secondly, SOS said it would be a 66 game re build. We are not far off game 66.
Thirdly, club officials have revealed during this season that they expected this to be the hardest 22 games in the 66 game re build.
Fourthly, the club revealed last year that at the end of this season we will be going after established talent in the 24-27 year group.
The question is this.
If the club expected this to be the worst year in the re build (and the fact is that it is much worse than they forecast at the beginning of 2016) how could anyone at the club seriously think that any of the elite talent who are free agents this year would want to come to Carlton?
Surely the penny has now dropped that no one of quality will want to come here.
I bet they thought that they were a real chance of getting Rory Sloane. He re-signed with Adelaide today and said that he had thought about returning to Melbourne.
My suspicion is that if our re-development had progressed, as it had been hoped, we would have been a real chance of getting Sloane.
Can you imagine what advice Bryce Gibbs gave him?!
We need some radical surgery to deal with the current problem.
A tradeable PP is just part of what we need.
The Board has to change its mind about asking for a PP.

Just re the PP. The current conversation in the media is "Carlton need a priority pick, look how bad they are", rather than, "Why should Carlton get a priority pick they put themselves in the position they are in". This looks like potentially very astute PR in dealing with the media driven AFL. Lets wait and see how it plays out, as we may well walk away with a priority pick.

Just re the PP. The current conversation in the media is "Carlton need a priority pick, look how bad they are", rather than, "Why should Carlton get a priority pick they put themselves in the position they are in". This looks like potentially very astute PR in dealing with the media driven AFL. Lets wait and see how it plays out, as we may well walk away with a priority pick.
Let’s hope so.
Frankly I don’t understand why any genuine Carlton supporter would oppose the idea.
Why shouldn’t we get one. Brisbane were given one in the last year or two.
And ESSENDON were allowed to keep pick 1 when everyone knew that their wooden spoon was due to the suspension of their players. The following year, after getting McGrath, they re-bounded well as expected.
It’s not as if the current administration has instructed the coaches and the team to perform so badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back