Position 2018 RDT Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Sic Dawg out for 6 weeks means I need a new D6. I already have Lloyd, Laird, Bray, Yeo and Simmo. Who is the next best defender? Wish Whit was available as a defender like in fantasy. I’m thinking Hurn is the best option?

Hurn is probably the most consistent. Crisp or Witherden would be my other two options

Yep leaning towards Hurn, he has been very consistent the last month and has a good run of home matches. Crisp has fallen of a cliff recently so really don't want him. Witho a bit less consistent but pretty decent ceiling.

Why don’t you gamble and bring in a POD

Have a look around

You don’t get DT points for kick ins (unless they kick it to themselves)

Quite a few cheaper options with decent 3 round averages that can be considered.
Witho kicks to himself. Unlike that Savage prick who takes every one a game but would do it once/twice a game. He could greatly inflate his stats if he wanted too.

Witho kicks to himself. Unlike that Savage prick who takes every one a game but would do it once/twice a game. He could greatly inflate his stats if he wanted too.
Tuohy used to really s**t me last year by never kicking to himself from kick ins

Still waiting on my first ton from Howe, so probably don't choose him. That said, he has been better than Crisp the last few weeks. Those 2 have a higher ceiling than Hurn but Hurn is more consistent.

up to 15mm of rain predicted for Perth on Sunday arvo..hurn won't be taking too many marks in those conditions...going to be a very contested game...good for yeo and mclean tackle numbers and even luckier for macrae who will cop hutchings tag. Will tackle his way to 100+.

Still waiting on my first ton from Howe, so probably don't choose him. That said, he has been better than Crisp the last few weeks. Those 2 have a higher ceiling than Hurn but Hurn is more consistent.
He really should've got there last week

81.3 average when played since we got him in at peak scores (that 57 drops his average a bit)

I guess with Sicily getting injured and replacing him with Brayshaw, if Howe finally comes good then he's a massive bonus as not everyone will have him still

up to 15mm of rain predicted for Perth on Sunday arvo..hurn won't be taking too many marks in those conditions...going to be a very contested game...good for yeo and mclean tackle numbers and even luckier for macrae who will cop hutchings tag. Will tackle his way to 100+.
This is concerning about Hurn...
Crae was always going to get 100 anyway but back to Hurn, he seems to be their go to player for every switch. Without his cheap marks he is a spud, but so is nearly every other defender. I’m thinking of just getting O’Riordan and fielding him for a week against the Suns! The risk is that I possible waste a trade if he gets dropped soon

This is concerning about Hurn...
Crae was always going to get 100 anyway but back to Hurn, he seems to be their go to player for every switch. Without his cheap marks he is a spud, but so is nearly every other defender. I’m thinking of just getting O’Riordan and fielding him for a week against the Suns! The risk is that I possible waste a trade if he gets dropped soon
I've got hurn and expecting no more than 70-75 this week....o'riordan looked like a jet last week in a high pressured game..he will score 80+ this week and is worth the risk...he will play until McVeigh comes back...newman and fox will get dropped before he does in my opinion..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

88 104 100 74 95 108 84 98
Not bad dt scores for a defender better than Crisp
He's ok and maybe a future prospect, just think he's better suited to that game

Since round 4 he started scoring above 80 in both games

DT.....SC

Only 3 times in that period his DT was better than his SC, two of them were just marginal with the 108/86 the biggest discrepancy in that regard

SC average in that period 91.21
DT average in that period 81.78

He did start tonning up in both games at the same time, but I feel his game is probably better suited to Supercoach as I'd imagine he'd be a high metres gained type, similar to how Johannisen was in 2016. Also he was pumping out consistent scores for longer in SC before he started cracking the ton in both games.

Witherden great POD. Lots of +6 and takes their kick ins.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Told you all...I said last year after he played 3 games he was a DT clone of Joel Bowden in his prime. Will be a top 3 defender next season. Issue will be, it will be impossible to start with laird, him and Doherty. All will be over $750k.

Told you all...I said last year after he played 3 games he was a DT clone of Joel Bowden in his prime. Will be a top 3 defender next season. Issue will be, it will be impossible to start with laird, him and Doherty. All will be over $750k.
Brad that was Witherdens fourth ton of the year yesterday and he was averaging just under 88

Yesterday's score will boost his average to around 90 but there's no way he'll be priced near Laird or Docherty

Sicily will probably cost more than him too

He'll be around Howe, Hurn, Crisp etc

Is this all part of your act or

Remove this Banner Ad

Back