2018 Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darcy Cameron at this week’s team meeting

6ByxSezaETElW7EIAUSPubYzBAg=.gif

I think im gonna start with nank. Our schedule up until the bye is super easy. We should be favourites every game except for adelaide and port away + melbourne will be hard. Other than that id back us to win every other game so nank should score well.

Is it that easy though?

He's up against:
Kruezer
Jacobs
McEvoy
Martin
Gawn
Grundy
Sandy
Goldy
Naitanui

I dunno, but how well does he score against good rucks?

Seriously no idea why people are picking nank.

4 tons in his first 5 games.
4 tons in his last 19 games.

112 average in his first 5 games
82 average in his last 19 games

His unreal start to the year hid the fact that he was extremely mediocre for the majority of the year. And now people are paying almost 500K for him :eek:

yuck.

His unreal start to the year hid the fact that he was extremely mediocre for the majority of the year. And now people are paying almost 500K for him :eek:

yuck.

I think the feeling is that he's built his tank up so will be able to last the season?

I'm not so sure, Soldo had to come in last year to help out, which curbed his scoring.

yuck.
Finally, a bit of sense being spoken. I'm happy for everyone to froth over Richmond and fall into the trap of selecting Nank, while I set and forget with Martin or Kreuuuuuuz.

I'm just picking Ryder, and hoping that Cameron plays round 10. If he doesn't, I'll back Ryder having already outscored say a Nank enough up to that point to cover the difference, and then I save myself a trade. He'll be helpful throughout the rest of the byes as well.

Ryder averaged 113 from round 13 onwards last year, couple that with Gawny and you have a ripper combo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yuck.

He’s an unco s**t truck. I don’t know what people are thinking. SPLycett will outscore him.

Lycett and Forget is back.

It allows me to go Selwood to Danger If he somehow plays. He won't tho

Starting to consider Sinclair/Cameron at R2 R3...if Sinclair goes down Cameron to cover and hope to get to round 10 and upgrade to Ryder or hold and upgrade to dominant ruck at byes...
I like Stef/Archie as a handcuffed pair better. Currently on Stef/Cameron but tempted to go back to Archie

Picking Nank with the hope that his tank lasts till at least round 11 where I can trade him to Ryder.

That's my plan anyways.
"Me Too". Had Martin in but end up with a problem as he and Gawn have the same bye. At least Nank to Ryder should be an upgrade. Also good that Nank gets his runs on the board early. Last year, first as a regular ruck, he averaged 95 till the bye. Gets most of his score around the ground.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-03-21/clearances-on-tap-swans-ruck-answer-at-hand

John Longmire is set to turn to Callum Sinclair and possibly untried Darcy Cameron as his major big man options from Sunday against West Coast, with Dean Towers providing support.

A deeper look at Sydney's 2018 pre-season numbers shows the damage its star midfield, spearheaded by Josh Kennedy, Luke Parker and Dan Hannebery, can do with even a limited supply.

The Swans remarkably ranked first in scores from hit-outs to advantage (42.9 per cent) and were the only team not to concede a point when the opposition sharked a hit-out.

Ex-Eagle Sinclair played as a solo ruckman just once last year and was rated below average for hit-outs per game and win rate, and average in hit-outs to advantage rate.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-03-21/clearances-on-tap-swans-ruck-answer-at-hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back