2018 Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts on sandilands playing until the bye then trading to Ryder?

Thinking that his HTA's must be good with fyfe and neale at his feet.

Thoughts on sandilands playing until the bye then trading to Ryder?

Thinking that his HTA's must be good with fyfe and neale at his feet.

How confident are you that he will play all their interstate games?

Why would you wanna sideways trade a nank to ryder. Nank may well end be a keeper which I think he is if people are going with him

So I've had a look at Ryder's scores against teams he's facing in the first 9 rounds. I've listed his last 3 scores against these teams unless he's faced them less or more than that in the last 2 years. Scores are listed from most recent (left) to earliest (far right)

76, 85 and 79 against Freo

87, 57 and 82 against Sydney

119, 95 and 65 against Brisbane

81 and 104 against Essendon

69 against Geelong

105 and 93 against North Melbourne

66, 129 and 139 against West Coast

87, 87, 101 and 96 against Adelaide

122, 115 and 84 against GWS

- Take his best score against every team from the above list and he averages 103.4 up to his bye.
- Take his worst scores - 75.3avg
- Take the middle (taking the larger score if it's an even number) - 97.1avg
- Take his most recent scores against these teams - 90.22avg

What's important to note is many are considering Ryder a good pick on the assumption that he's the number 1 or 2 ruck leading into the bye. Going by the above numbers I'm not sure the likelihood of that is as good as some may hope.

What I will state however is that Port will presumably be better this year than previous years which generally means more points for all. In addition to this, it does need to be taken into account that he'll face Sinclair and most likely break his Sydney curse, however Sydney have not had a decent ruck for years, so it seems his scoring against them has more to do with the side rather than the ruck he's facing.

Food for thought anyway.

EDIT: Also interesting to note his tons from last year during the run home which looked really good -

127 against Richmond
129 against West Coast (Lycett/Vardy)
105 against North Melb
111 against Melbourne
130 against St Kilda
87 against Adelaide
102 against Collingwood
134 against Western Bulldogs
122 against Gold Coast

He faces 3 of these teams before his bye and only scores well against 2 of those. The 3 teams are West Coast in Perth (who'll have Naitanui this time), Adelaide (doesn't score great against them) and Gold Coast.

Last edited:
Im leaning towards Kruezer given Ryder's bye... I, confident he's healthy again, but he seemed to be healthy in 2016 with 21 games played... however he only scored 73.1... anyone know why such poor scoring in 2016?

Im leaning towards Kruezer given Ryder's bye... I, confident he's healthy again, but he seemed to be healthy in 2016 with 21 games played... however he only scored 73.1... anyone know why such poor scoring in 2016?
Hmm
Anywhere we can get a stat on hta receives?
Ie who did he tap it too.

Phil, Kruezer couldn't survive a trial game, without getting injured o_O

Phil, Kruezer couldn't survive a trial game, without getting injured o_O

After coming back from an injury he copped in the 2015 pre-season he has played 55/57 possible games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honest question, when has the top scoring ruck backed it up the next season? Cox possibly the last?

Missed the first 9 round of 2015, played every game after.
Missed round 9 in 2016 due to a knee injury.
Missed round 20 in 2017 after Danger concussed him.

Honest question, when has the top scoring ruck backed it up the next season? Cox possibly the last?
Yep, Cox was the last to do so.

He was splitting the ruck duties with Phillips, and we all know that rucks don't score that great when they have to share the role. Phillips got injured prior to round 1 last year which is why he rucked solo and his numbers obviously improved as a result.

He was splitting the ruck duties with Phillips, and we all know that rucks don't score that great when they have to share the role. Phillips got injured prior to round 1 last year which is why he rucked solo and his numbers obviously improved as a result.

This is correct, Kreuzer has played a lot of games over the years with players like Phillips, Wood, Warnock, Hampson and Jacobs going back, which is why he didn’t “break out” until last year, but the reality is that even before last year, whenever he’s rucked on his own he got triple figures in SuperCoach. Other Carlton fans will know what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back