List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What bone headed trades have we done recently?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmmm.... Nathan Freeman trade looks very bone-headed.

Last years debacle that’s left us with no 2nd or 3rd rounders in what the vast majority say is the deepest draft since 2001

I think Geary comes runner up in ours doesn't he? Anyway, he's not a bad player but he's not going to move us forward. Good holding a spot type. Will cost next years second round pick again. That will be about the 4 second rounders we have lost and haven't got anything like a decent player yet. One day we will realise the list needs to be built not decorated. We are still wanting it to be a quick rebuild 8 years in and are still doing the same thing. The list is as bad as any St Kilda list I have seen at the moment.
We are doing what gave Richmond years of mediocracy. The second round pick that we gave up for Logan "Beige" Austin , would bring in a much better player in this years draft.

Pass on Jake Lloyd. I think he’s unaccountable & very vanilla.

Webster
Roberton
White
Rice
Savage
Coffield
Clark
Paton

Why would we need Jake Lloyd?
Because those guys don't seem to be good enough. We're hoping Clark and coffield will be mids in time. Lloyd can play wing too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doubt many of our players have had as good a year as he did in 2015 or 2016 before injury. Elite for disposals, inside 50s, and close with tackles, clearances, and goals for a midfielder. He was pretty damn productive.

I'd trust a Dalrymple pick with Macrae about to become the premier mid in the comp.

MW is too much like our other low skilled inside mids with no pace.

Marc Murphy? Won't cost much, injury prone but if he gets his body for a season or two he could really help us in terms of leadership.

With his history with Carlisle, it's very unlikely.

He's not that great. He's similar to all our other mids, we need outside pace. MM is only going for a premiership anyway. Carlton look closer than us.

He's better than all those players except Coff, Hunter and Jimmy.
Because those guys don't seem to be good enough. We're hoping Clark and coffield will be mids in time. Lloyd can play wing too.

I don’t think he is.

Just a good player in a very good team. Seems to be the type that would become just another GOP type when put into a s**t team

Just about every one of those players I stated for us would be better than Lloyd if playing for Sydney (except for the newbies that is)

I don’t think he is.

Just a good player in a very good team. Seems to be the type that would become just another GOP type when put into a s**t team

Just about every one of those players I stated for us would be better than Lloyd if playing for Sydney (except for the newbies that is)

Not our top priority but if you get a chance to improve your list you take it.

I would have thought coming 2nd in the B&F for a great team would be harder than doing it for us where you're competing against mediocrity.

Not our top priority but if you get a chance to improve your list you take it.

I would have thought coming 2nd in the B&F for a great team would be harder than doing it for us where you're competing against mediocrity.
Well Steven Baker won a B&F for us & I didn’t see many teams falling over themselves to sign him up

I think we're looking at a very underwhelming FA trade period again this year.

In all honesty, unless the motivation is purely money, which good player we want would be coming to us?

Much more likely, like Murphy, they’ll be going to a team close to winning a flag.

I’m not getting my hopes up on anyone until there is actually a signature on the dotted line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back