2nds 2018 Stand Alone VFL - Inaugural season over. Time for reviews.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game is done. NMFC 9.6 60 Pups 14.17 101
Goals: Larkey Junker Jansen Walker 2 Zurhaar

Will give player appraisals now.

AFL listed:

Junker: encouraging. Quieter 2nd half but kicked two and was quick, and hard at it. Used it well.
LDU: his best since being dropped from the seniors. Evasive when he had it, took the game on. Good 2nd half.
Hayden: okay (has just marked 30 out) and was okay in general
Preuss: good ruck work. Didn't do much else. No marks that I can recall
Walker: quieter game. Still looks great, just needs more of it.
Nielson: did okay. A couple of good marks
Hibberd: better game from him. Disposal still a concern, maybe always will be.
Larkey: 2 goals but quieter game.
Zurhaar: Very influential. 2 goals. Quite a few tackles. Went off at some point, not sure why.
Narrier: great skills, just goes missing too often.
JWilliams: same as Narrier, without the skill.
Xerri: strong first half, went quiet when the game was on the line.
Clarke: pretty good game, but not outstanding
McKay: okay until he got injured. Would like to see him tried forward maybe.

VFL: Jansen very good. 2 goals and hard at it. Holmes pretty good - is a tough player. Cameron good. Leonardis defended well. Rippon okay. We are missing Close. Thisvis obvious now.

Game is done. NMFC 9.6 60 Pups 14.17 101
Goals: Larkey Junker Jansen Walker 2 Zurhaar

Will give player appraisals now.

AFL listed:

Junker: encouraging. Quieter 2nd half but kicked two and was quick, and hard at it. Used it well.
LDU: his best since being dropped from the seniors. Evasive when he had it, took the game on. Good 2nd half.
Hayden: okay (has just marked 30 out) and was okay in general
Preuss: good ruck work. Didn't do much else. No marks that I can recall
Walker: quieter game. Still looks great, just needs more of it.
Nielson: did okay. A couple of good marks
Hibberd: better game from him. Disposal still a concern, maybe always will be.
Larkey: 2 goals but quieter game.
Zurhaar: Very influential. 2 goals. Quite a few tackles. Went off at some point, not sure why.
Narrier: great skills, just goes missing too often.
JWilliams: same as Narrier, without the skill.
Xerri: strong first half, went quiet when the game was on the line.
Clarke: pretty good game, but not outstanding
McKay: okay until he got injured. Would like to see him tried forward maybe.

VFL: Jansen very good. 2 goals and hard at it. Holmes pretty good - is a tough player. Cameron good. Leonardis defended well. Rippon okay. We are missing Close. Thisvis obvious now.

Great work mate !! Thanks for the commentary

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The updates on 4 of our players:

McKay: Obviously a knee injury. Tried to come back on, but not worth the risk.
Durdin: Apparently got poked in the eye early and did not come back on.
Hartung: The original match-day emergency and then into the senior team with Jacobs out
Zurhaar: Removed from the game before the end to be the replacement match-day emergency just in case an AFL player gets injured in the warm-up.

Was a disappointing finish, but bare in mind we were down 3 rotations in the second half due to injuries and CZ going in as emergency for the AFL. A lot of those guys got little or no rest. I thought LDU had a better game, and WW started well, Kyron worked hard all game and showed how strong he is a couple of times, Neilson was strong all game and worked well down back, just tough on the guys in the second one half. I certainly have'nt written them off.

With 3 rotations down, I'm amazed it wasn't a 20 goal belting.

There was some good glimpses from a few of the boys. LDU started getting his hands on the ball and Kyron almost pulled down a sensational screamer.

Peter Jackson VFL 2018

Footscray 4.1 7.6 10.10 14.17 (101)
North Melbourne 4.3 7.5 8.5 9.6 (60)

GOALS:
Footscray: Mullenger-Mchugh 4 Monfries 2 Greene 2 Roughead Prudden Campbell Hayes Jong Dalgleish
North Melbourne: Junker 2 Jansen 2 Walker 2 Larkey 2 Zurhaar

BEST:
Footscray: Hayes Collins Mullenger-Mchugh Greene Porter Prudden
North Melbourne: Nielson Leonardis Cameron Zurhaar Xerri Walker

What do people make of Nielson?

There's been speculation he doesn't fit in socially or something but he actually seems like a pretty good defender from what I've seen. Good athlete, competes hard, is composed and reads the play well enough. Is he going to make it or not?

There's been speculation he doesn't fit in socially or something but he actually seems like a pretty good defender from what I've seen. Good athlete, competes hard, is composed and reads the play well enough. Is he going to make it or not?
Solid reliable player that needs a little more time. Seemed social enough with the players after the game a few weeks back.

Good player, just needs opportunity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back