2019-20 Big Bash League

Remove this Banner Ad

seems to be the brand/manufacturer (47 Brand), just looking on the Rebel Sport store.

Legend thanks slowly going crazy trying figure it out.

I reckon every team should be able to have an associate player that counts as a local. I haven't thought about this fully but it could help

I reckon every team should be able to have an associate player that counts as a local. I haven't thought about this fully but it could help

I was actually thinking about it the other day that an associate team of the year could play the #1 ranked odi/T20i team in a match. Would certainly boost the interest in associate cricket and be a just reward for the best associate players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was actually thinking about it the other day that an associate team of the year could play the #1 ranked odi/T20i team in a match. Would certainly boost the interest in associate cricket and be a just reward for the best associate players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unfortunately there's only 1 batsman and 1 bowler from associate nations that are listed in the top runs and wicket takers this year.

Just throwing a team together anyway:

1. Kyle Coetzer (Scotland, c)
2. Calum MacLeod (Scotland)
3. Assad Vala (PNG)
4. Aaron Jones (USA)
5. Muhammed Usman (UAE)
6. Aqib Ilyas (Oman)
7. Akshay Homraj (USA, +)
8. Zeesan Maqsood (Oman)
9. Saurabh Netravalkar (USA)
10. Nosaina Pokana (PNG)
11. Junaid Siddique (UAE)

Although that's very haphazard and The Speaker is probably a better person to talk about it

Okay, with the top 5 system, am I right in thinking that it's:

1. 2nd v 3rd
2. 4th v 5th
3. 1st v W1
4. L1 v W2
5. L3 v W4
6. W3 v W5

Or have I not got that right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

didn't the Renegades sort of do this with Solomon Mire a few seasons back?

EDIT: from cricinfo profile: "played a handful of games for Melbourne Renegades in the Big Bash League in 2013-14 as a community rookie"

Okay, with the top 5 system, am I right in thinking that it's:

1. 2nd v 3rd
2. 4th v 5th
3. 1st v W1
4. L1 v W2
5. L3 v W4
6. W3 v W5

Or have I not got that right?

BBL|09 Finals Series (Home team listed first)

Thurs Jan 30: The Eliminator (Fourth v Fifth)

Fri Jan 31: The Qualifier (First v Second)

Sat Feb 1: The Knock-Out (Third v Winner of The Eliminator)

Thurs Feb 6: The Challenger (Loser of The Qualifier v Winner of The Knock-Out)

Sat Feb 8: The Final (Winner of The Qualifier v Winner of The Challenger)

didn't the Renegades sort of do this with Solomon Mire a few seasons back?

EDIT: from cricinfo profile: "played a handful of games for Melbourne Renegades in the Big Bash League in 2013-14 as a community rookie"

Mire plays international for Zimbabwe, but is an Australian as well. Very different to what eth's talking about.

An XI of Internationals that could (and probably should) theoretically be playing BBL (i.e those without test commitments)

Guptil
Gayle
Munro
Roy
Morgan
Russell
Neesham
Riaz
Tahir
Malinga
Narine

I included players participating in the BPL and NZT20 as I believe the BBL is a stronger and more attractive league (perhaps not financially, which is the problem).

An XI of Internationals that could (and probably should) theoretically be playing BBL (i.e those without test commitments)

Guptil
Gayle
Munro
Roy
Morgan
Russell
Neesham
Riaz
Tahir
Malinga
Narine

I included players participating in the BPL and NZT20 as I believe the BBL is a stronger and more attractive league (perhaps not financially, which is the problem).
Bangladesh premier league has so much more to offer financially it's actually embarrassing for the BBL

Guptil
Gayle
Munro
Roy
Morgan
Russell
Neesham
Riaz
Tahir
Malinga
Narine

I'd have zero issue with Gayle never playing BBL again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back