List Mgmt. 2019/20 Trade/Delist/Re-sign Predictions/Opinion (now with TRADE RADIO)

Remove this Banner Ad

With Greenwood Its been reported he is happy with the $$$ on offer but its all about a 4 year deal and crows wont do 4 years

With Keath, All depends how much coin he wants though, if its equivelant to say a talia who is a AA defender, Keath will not be an AA defender this year he may at 28 next year but he may not and after 28 its all down hill

Your club has arguably the most important list management discussion in it's history coming up once the season is finalised.

I have admiration for the Crows never tanking or undergoing a serious rebuild, whilst maintaining a competitive team over a long period of time, but I do believe there comes a point where a clean out and rebuild becomes inevitable, and it's where I see their list right now. I reckon it's time for the crows to take a step back, in order to take two steps forward.

Your club has arguably the most important list management discussion in it's history coming up once the season is finalised.

I have admiration for the Crows never tanking or undergoing a serious rebuild, whilst maintaining a competitive team over a long period of time, but I do believe there comes a point where a clean out and rebuild becomes inevitable, and it's where I see their list right now. I reckon it's time for the crows to take a step back, in order to take two steps forward.
Yeah..my wishlist this off season is..Lukosius, Francis and a top end fast mid. If we can get that somehow without losing the core of top enders we have like the crouches etc - just look to trade mid end talent out and use this year and next years picks, retire a few older players, then it can turn very quickly. But the second part to this is changing most of our assistant coaches and bringing in better ones

Just 1 to throw out there:

Considering the potential loss of both Hartigan and Keath. And the likelihood Adelaide will be looking for a club to take Jenkins, is Essendon a possible suitor for a trade? Particularly if Joe Daniher's future is up in the air.

They have Michael Hartley, a 26 year old KPD, who has played around 40 senior games. Apparently he is struggling to get a game in front of Ambrose and Hurley.

I really don't know much about him though. Anyone ..?

Considering the potential loss of both Hartigan and Keath. And the likelihood Adelaide will be looking for a club to take Jenkins, is Essendon a possible suitor for a trade? Particularly if Joe Daniher's future is up in the air.

They have Michael Hartley, a 26 year old KPD, who has played around 40 senior games. Apparently he is struggling to get a game in front of Ambrose and Hurley.

I'm pretty sure if we are going after an Essendon KPD it will be Francis

I'm pretty sure if we are going after an Essendon KPD it will be Francis
Just had a quick look at Hartley's profile. He's a 199cm and 100kg.

I'm a big Francis fan, I'm not sure how you'd get the deal done without spending a fortune. I doubt he's a player Essendon will willingly part with.

Yeah..my wishlist this off season is..Lukosius, Francis and a top end fast mid. If we can get that somehow without losing the core of top enders we have like the crouches etc - just look to trade mid end talent out and use this year and next years picks, retire a few older players, then it can turn very quickly. But the second part to this is changing most of our assistant coaches and bringing in better ones

Yep, get some kids in first and build a platform from there with top ups.

The crows are a recession proof club that can afford to do it.

Focus on the KPP's first, starting with Lukosious.

Just had a quick look at Hartley's profile. He's a 199cm and 100kg.

I'm a big Francis fan, I'm not sure how you'd get the deal done without spending a fortune. I doubt he's a player Essendon will willingly part with.
Totally agree. I can only imagine the conversation.

Reid: I'd like to talk about Francis again
Dodoro: EVERY FIRST ROUDNER FOR THE REST OF YOUR EXISTENCE!
Reid: Jesus, I thought dealing with SOS was bad!

Yep

THey hung onto those players that got them to the 2017 GF, one year too long but its easy to say that in hindsight

We have a number of players who have clearly had age catch up with them in Tex,Sloane,Betts JJ Talia Gibbs Douglas Lynch Jacobs, we brought in mature age recruits in keath and greenwood who are also approaching 30.

The Biggest problem I see is KPP's young ones, no question Tex and Talia will be hard to replace, will Fog crack it or not, you could probably say, as how long did it take Ben Brown to become consistent, he always showed potential but how many years before he could be truly relied upon, Fog is in his 2nd year, how many more years before he becomes the go to player we need. Our midfield looks good with Crouch Crouch Milera being the core of it.

No team in the league is going to let go of their potential u/23 stars so we really need to hope what we have recruited and what we are about to recruit will take the club to the next level, again we do know our recent recruits havent really shown too much in the two's where they play every week, but early days for last years recruits

Cant see Luko being let go easy, the AFL will probs get involved aswell as they need GC to start doing things

Pick 3, and see if you can involve one of your mature clean out players (Greenwood?).

Anything more than that is ridiculous for a kid with a season of mostly average games under his belt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 3, and see if you can involve one of your mature clean out players (Greenwood?).

Anything more than that is ridiculous for a kid with a season of mostly average games under his belt.
I'm glad you think this. Would you mind telling everyone in the AFL.

Might drive his price down!

I'm glad you think this. Would you mind telling everyone in the AFL.

Might drive his price down!

Don't listen to the bullshit in the media, and especially don't listen to the 90% of content that qualifies as bullshit at bigfooty.com

The kids a good talent, but so will the kid be that they get at pick 3, and a potentially middle aged solid player that they desperately need right now.

Potential loss of Hartigan???? Don't tease me

If there aren't any KPP's in this year draft worthy of a top 5 pick, that's probably a good trade

The junior track watchers would suggest there aren't any in the top 5.

The best rated KPD type is Fisher McAsey (pick 8-12), and then your local boy Will Gould (pick 16-20) who is more a 2nd-3rd defender.

If you grabbed Lukosius, then pick up Gould with pick 21, and added another local boy with pick 29, then I reckon you have had a good long term draft. A hypothetical Keath to North for Durdin & pick 24 trade would pad it out even further, particularly if your clubs very good development of spec defenders (Hartigan & Keath) were to continue. You could end up with a 2nd & 3rd defender, a 12-14 year CHF and a couple of other good local kids if all went well.

Whatever happens, the Crows need to be brave and go hard.

The junior track watchers would suggest there aren't any.

The best rated KPD type is Fisher McAsey (pick 8-12), and then your local boy Will Gould (pick 16-20) who is more a 2nd-3rd defender.

If you grabbed Lukosius, then pick up Gould with pick 21, and added another local boy with pick 29, then I reckon you have had a good long term draft. A hypothetical Keath to North for Durdin & pick 24 trade would pad it out even further, particularly if you're very good development of spec defenders (Hartigan & Keath) were to continue. You could end up with a 2nd & 3rd defender, a 12-14 year CHF and a couple of other good local kids if all went well.

Agree we will be dropping a bit and rebuilding so Keath and greenwood really aren't what we need if they have value to get Luko or someone it needs to be done and be brave

Would love Luko with pick 3 and Greenwood, I just think the AFL will get involved as GC are a basket case

The junior track watchers would suggest there aren't any.

If you grabbed Lukosius, then pick up Gould with pick 21, and added another local boy with pick 29, then I reckon you have had a good long term draft. A hypothetical Keath to North for Durdin & pick 24 trade would pad it out even further, particularly if you're very good development of spec defenders (Hartigan & Keath) were to continue. You could end up with a 2nd & 3rd defender, a 12-14 year CHF and a couple of other good local kids if all went well.

I'd take the Keath for Durdin + 24, however would prefer Keath, 21 for 6, 42 :)

I'd take the Keath for Durdin + 24, however would prefer Keath, 21 for 6, 42 :)

We're not forking over pick 6 for anything other than a very good player/s with outside run, or we'll just draft a kid with that asset (Ash preferably)

I can see our pick 6 getting utilised in the Kelly to West Coast trade, if we end up trading it. StKilda & North are the only Melbourne clubs in the ball park for a Kelly trade pick.

GC: 1 won't trade for WCE picks
Melb: 2 won't trade for WCE picks
Adel: 3 Lukosious or won't trade for WCE picks
Swans: 4 won't trade for WCE picks
StKilda: 5 possible for WCE 16 & 2020 1st round pick, depending on what trades they can make
North: 6 possible for WCE 16 (Sydney for Papley) & 2020 1st round pick (Freo for Hill). This covers our need for speed.

Pick 5 or 6 would go to Geelong for Kelly

We're not forking over pick 6 for anything other than a very good player/s with outside run, or we'll just draft a kid with that asset (Ash preferably)

I can see our pick 6 getting utilised in the Kelly to West Coast trade, if we end up trading it. StKilda & North are the only Melbourne clubs in the ball park for a Kelly trade pick.

GC: 1 won't trade for WCE picks
Melb: 2 won't trade for WCE picks
Adel: 3 Lukosious or won't trade for WCE picks
Swans: 4 won't trade for WCE picks
StKilda: 5 possible for WCE 16 & 2020 1st round pick, depending on what trades they can make
North: 6 possible for WCE 16 (Sydney for Papley) & 2020 1st round pick (Freo for Hill). This covers our need for speed.

Pick 5 or 6 would go to Geelong for Kelly
Pretty sure Kelly's price would be in the 2 x 1st round draft pick range. 1 of which will need to be sent to St Kilda for Jack Steven.

Interested to see what peoples thoughts are on players we could target from other clubs who are not rated as A grade talent ( yet )
Will kick it off with a few like Jack Martin , Aaron Francis , Bailey Williams , Bailey Dale , Ben Ronke , Lewis Young , Jayden Short

Interested to see what peoples thoughts are on players we could target from other clubs who are not rated as A grade talent ( yet )
Will kick it off with a few like Jack Martin , Aaron Francis , Bailey Williams , Bailey Dale , Ben Ronke , Lewis Young , Jayden Short

Jack Steele, Aidan Bonar, Harry Perryman, Jarrod Brander, Cedric Cox

Ollie Wines needs a change of clubs too, not that he'd come here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back