List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Thread

I'm sure we will not on him if he's there, but he's a Giants boy and they won't let him go.

My dream is they don't want him because they would have too many similar with Taranto, Hopper, Caldwell etc. We bid pick 3 or 4 and they don't match. Surly it's like some rich guy who can't be ****ed picking up the $100 notes he's dropped because he has so many he can't be bothered bending down.

What about Tom Green?
Cripps comparisons apparently?
I'm sure we will not on him if he's there, but he's a Giants boy and they won't let him go.
Typical 😬

30uda1k.jpg

Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Just an educated guess, but many of the players we tend to have concerns about because they play as flankers in the national carnival are only playing in those positions due to necessity & lack of available midfield positions. If you follow them in tac cup & school footy you’ll probably see they are natural midfielders.

Not only did the new clubs compromise the drafts for 4-5 years as our 09-10 team bottomed out, but they have fed quality players to teams above us, holding us down.

Spot on.
This is the real travesty.

May 29, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Will Gould is listed on the AFL website as 191cm and 98kg - absolute tank - that's Plugger like

He may still be growing as well

He currently plays as a defender but could he be put forward?

Imagine King at CHF / Gould at FF

Ok ok we need big bodied Mids - Kemp it is then though Williams looks to go alright

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
I've updated the indicitive draft order in the OP.

Our first rounder has gone up to 4 and our second pick is now 55 (GC)

I still think the top 2 is set in stone and Young is probably the most likely to go at 3 if Melbourne have the pick.

1. Rowell
2. Anderson
3. Young
4. *******

I'm not sure rising from 4 to 3 helps us much as we wouldn't be looking for another back flanker but a rise to 2 would.

The_Snake26

Team Captain
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda

I still think the top 2 is set in stone and Young is probably the most likely to go at 3 if Melbourne have the pick.

1. Rowell
2. Anderson
3. Young
4. *******

I'm not sure rising from 4 to 3 helps us much as we wouldn't be looking for another back flanker but a rise to 2 would.

We should bid for Green just to f**k GWS. Or hope they don’t match it cause he’s a serious player
It would be great if we get into the top 2

Luder

Team Captain
Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Get me a contract, no worries

Here’s a trade to get Hill, Constable, McClean and Langdon to St Kilda

Trade 1:
Steven and Ross to Geel

For; Constable, Pick 36, Pick 18

Trade 2:

In: Hill, Langdon and a third round 2020 to STK

For Pick 18, Pick 36 and Acres.

Trade 4:
Stk and FRE 3rd round 2020 to WB

For McClean and Pick 43, (tied to StK).

Stk
Out: Steven, Ross, Acres, 2020 second round, 2020 third round

Ins: Hill, Langdon, Constable, McClean and Pick 43.

FRE:
Outs: Hill and Langdon, FRE 3rd round
Ins: Pick 18, Pick 36, Acres

Geel:
Outs: Pick 18, Pick 36, Constable
Ins: Ross and Steven

WB:
Ins: STK and FRE 2020 third round
Outs: Pick 43, (tied to STK) and McClean
You want the Dogs to trade McLean for effectively a 3rd rounder? In return, can we trade our future 4th for Marshall?

These trades are brilliant, keep it up

Ricmel

Premium Platinum
Jul 13, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Will Gould is listed on the AFL website as 191cm and 98kg - absolute tank - that's Plugger like

He may still be growing as well

He currently plays as a defender but could he be put forward?

Yeah, let's recruit another chubby big boy that pushes juniors around like flies.

Ricmel

Premium Platinum
Jul 13, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda

1. Rowell
2. Anderson
3. Young
4. *******

I'd prefer Kemp to Young.

bergholt

Good Ordinary Player
Mar 14, 2007
Brunswick
AFL Club
St Kilda
Round 22 might be the decider when it comes to top 2 or not.

Assuming they beat GC, Carlton would have to win one of these for that to be the case:

Sydney away
Adelaide at the G
West Coast at Docklands
Richmond at the G
Geelong away

I guess maybe Sydney or Adelaide? But apart from that none of the others look at all likely to me.

Stewart66

Premiership Player
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jul 27, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
We should bid for Green just to f**k GWS. Or hope they don’t match it cause he’s a serious player
It would be great if we get into the top 2

All the guys I was with at championships think Green is slow ..powerful but really slow.

If we keep pick Brodie Kemp , Dylan Williams for me.

May 29, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Should try and get the AFL to change father/son rules to 60 games.
Then both Young and Anderson would be ours.

Could be a means of providing a team with a priority pick without having to give them a priority pick.

By allowing a team to have access to a gun father/son player without the usual game limit being imposed

Last edited:
Back