List Mgmt. 2019 Free Agents

Remove this Banner Ad

Depends if Elliott gets his body right. If not unfortunately it will be time to move on imo.

Agree. IF Elliot can get over his Injuries he could Retire

Agree. IF Elliot can get over his Injuries he could Retire
I thought no you mean, if he can’t get over his injuries, he’d consider retiring.

If he does get over his issues, he’ll be dynamite for us. A big piece for us, if he’s fit.

I thought no you mean, if he can’t get over his injuries, he’d consider retiring.

If he does get over his issues, he’ll be dynamite for us. A big piece for us, if he’s fit.

Buckley has been playing down expectations on Wells. The linsfranc fracture was a bad one apparently. I lost some of my optimism on Wells when I read Buckley's comments about that.

Why pay for May, when you can make a free play for Day?

Day and Cogs, welcome to Collingwood.

Day and Tomlinson for me are the 2 most Intresting Free Agent Prospects

Buckley has been playing down expectations on Wells. The linsfranc fracture was a bad one apparently. I lost some of my optimism on Wells when I read Buckley's comments about that.

Sound he be a List Clogger this Season as there is Doubt he even plays this Season

As in Sam Day? Won't leave the suns. Not from the recent article I read, he plans on staying.
Come Jen don’t be a party pooper so early in the thread.
But do agree with you though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Majak Daw or David Astbury would be great gets and the ideal targets/list fits from the free agency pool.

The salary cap squeeze will be the unavoidable challenge though.
Majak daw?

No thanks. He might have injuries that can’t be healed.

(Separately, Be surprised if he plays again.)

Day and Tomlinson for me are the 2 most Intresting Free Agent Prospects

Day isn't AFL standard. He shouldn't be on an AFL list. Has never even had a 100 mark season or kicked 20 goals in a season as a mostly key forward. Ditto Rory Thompson. Jordan Roughead - and I've been hard on Collingwood for that recruiting choice is better than both of those guys in any role to give some perspective to how poor they both are.

Tomlinson at 25 is in that peak performance age bracket that will see someone overpay for him well beyond his actual worth and with Collingwood's salary cap situation he's an unrealistic target.

Majak daw?

No thanks. He might have injuries that can’t be healed.

(Separately, Be surprised if he plays again.)

Daw won't be the first or last footballer with mental health issues and he's one I feel is worth a football club supporting.

Daw won me over last year with his play. He was a clear top 10 key defender in the competition on form which is precisely what Collingwood need and wouldn't come with the price tag at his age. Athletic, strong, good stopper, good 1v1, takes intercept marks. Takes on the game with his run like few key defenders can - not unlike Darcy Moore when he wants to.

Daw is one where it depends entirely on if he returns to football and if he does what condition his body is in. And we'll get that information over the course of the season.

If he can reproduce his 2018 season and he comes back at some time during the season and plays that kind of football, he's a moneyball pick and would instantly be Collingwood's best key defender and an ideal compliment to Moore.

In North's situation. They don't really need Daw as a relatively surplus player in their situation if they view Robbie Tarrant as their number one key defender and love Ben McKay as much as I believe they do. Scott Thompson probably retires at the end of the season. But Ben McKay looks set to establish himself as a key defender and Robbie Tarrant could play with him for a few years until someone else pushes through. That's why I list Daw very much as a viable target.

Daw won't be the first or last footballer with mental health issues and he's one I feel is worth a football club supporting.

Daw won me over last year with his play. He was a clear top 10 key defender in the competition on form which is precisely what Collingwood need and wouldn't come with the price tag at his age. Athletic, strong, good stopper, good 1v1, takes intercept marks. Takes on the game with his run like few key defenders can - not unlike Darcy Moore when he wants to.

Daw is one where it depends entirely on if he returns to football and if he does what condition his body is in. And we'll get that information over the course of the season.

If he can reproduce his 2018 season and he comes back at some time during the season and plays that kind of football, he's a moneyball pick and would instantly be Collingwood's best key defender and an ideal compliment to Moore.

In North's situation. They don't really need Daw as a relatively surplus player in their situation if they view Robbie Tarrant as their number one key defender and love Ben McKay as much as I believe they do. Scott Thompson probably retires at the end of the season. But Ben McKay looks set to establish himself as a key defender and Robbie Tarrant could play with him for a few years until someone else pushes through. That's why I list Daw very much as a viable target.
I’m understanding his injuries are quite severe, hip etc. doubt he physically recovers, but wish him well.
That’s besides the other traumas.
Either way, wish him well.

I thought Jok, as a rookie, had the potential to be, the significantly upgraded version of Magak without the damage (physically and mentally [no disrespect for having these injuries, just acknowledging the impact that they can have on a career].

Even IF he is in the Suns 2nd's?
Hope for his sake that doesn't happen. Hopefully he has a good year. But if its in the NEAFL, I guess that depends on him. Not sure any rivals would be interested in someone who will be 27 and has had some injuries. I don't think the list is as enticing as 2018 free agents list.

The two best list fits for us off the free agents list are Josh Kennedy and Justin Westhoff. Justin Westhoff in particular is very undervalued I reckon (probably not by Port though). I did think they'd both signed contract extensions although maybe that was just to the end of this season. They would both improve the list immediately while we hope to be contending.

I'm sure we could find a spot for Coniglio but doubt we'd have the cash to lure him over. If he leaves GWS I'd put money on him going to Hawthorn.

He's a WA boy but Eagles surely would not have the cap space to fit in both Coniglio and Tim Kelly, and Freo would be struggling with the coin Fyfe and Hogan would be on.

The two best list fits for us off the free agents list are Josh Kennedy and Justin Westhoff. Justin Westhoff in particular is very undervalued I reckon (probably not by Port though). I did think they'd both signed contract extensions although maybe that was just to the end of this season. They would both improve the list immediately while we hope to be contending.

Our salary cap is water tight, we're going to need a lot of players to leave to free up big cash. Players already had to take pay cuts / change their contracts to fit Beams in. We might bring in some players like Dunn/Roughhead but we ain't getting any big fish unless we lose a big fish, we need to think smaller.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back