Strategy Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 13 vs. Melbourne, MCG Mon 12/06, 3:20pm BIG FREEZE

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last edited:
Watching a few Melbourne matches I too think we'll get them by at least 3-4 goals.

But likely we'll turn up, score 5 then allow them to catch up, overtake us and then have to slog it out in Q4 where we kick 8-0 and the record books will show it looked like a tame match.

Sorry if that sounds too cynical but... yknow... Carlton, North, West Coast etc...

Ugh. In one way I'm happy I can't see this game broadcast live due to a flight. Media blackout from 3pm Monday until I get home at 7... :(

Another article I am not bothering to read. I want to see him play before I form any judgment or swoon over what he's accomplished on the side lines. Feel good style articles do nothing for me unless based on performance.
You're not obliged to read anything. It was just a team mate talking about how much work he has put in....jeezus. You know, a bit of positivity..🙄

You're not obliged to read anything. It was just a team mate talking about how much work he has put in....jeezus. You know, a bit of positivity..🙄
Mate, there are so many reading demands placed up on us, and recognising an article as a piece of fluff rather than genuine news is an art I have mastered in a world littered with distractions.

Mate, there are so many reading demands placed up on us, and recognising an article as a piece of fluff rather than genuine news is an art I have mastered in a world littered with distractions.

Fly said the same thing yesterday. He is now fitter in the last month than he was whole of preseason.
It’s not fluff but recognition of the hard work he has put in, so he is ready to go!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Let’s hope Jordy doesn’t go to America or to Bali.They seem to be the two biggest trouble spots for him.Why doesn’t he go on holidays somewhere nice and quiet like Macquarie Island?I hear it’s very nice this time of year.
Tell him to come to Fiji. I will be there for the next week. I will look after him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another article I am not bothering to read. I want to see him play before I form any judgment or swoon over what he's accomplished on the side lines. Feel good style articles do nothing for me unless based on performance.
I want to read the article, but not sure if there's an article or just a picture. I'm intrigued about these previously unseen numbers - as well as a good footballer, he must be an incredible exploratory mathematician to have discovered unknown numbers

Lippa is a good in, but let's not build him up to be Chris Judd.

The Royal Sampler is this a standard time frame for a return to play from a shoulder reconstruction? Whilst it feels like ages, it has only probably been a few months.
No, it’s definitely quicker than the standard shoulder reco rehab, but it’s worth considering that not all shoulder recos are created equal. He may have had less damage, or the damage might have been unidirectional rather than across a large section of the labrum which might truncate things a bit. There’s too much we don’t know, but I am sure they’ve taken all necessary precautions.

No, I think we should ban Jordy from travelling anywhere during the break, unlike his team mates and the rest of the competition.

He can watch them all enjoy their time off entitlements from the confines of his chains.

That’ll do a lot for player morale.

giphy.gif

Like I said, you're not obliged to read it. It's what a team mate has said, not a journo who doesn't have a clue what's going on behind the scenes. Howe would know better than anyone how another team mate in rehab has been travelling, and considering many supporters on here have asked if Lippa is match fit and ready to come in, I'd consider it very relevant & newsworthy.

But if you want to call positive feedback about an inclusion for this week's match, coming from a team mate as fluff, then I'm not sure how you decipher fact from fiction. Particularly when it backs up what our coach has also been saying.

I want to read the article, but not sure if there's an article or just a picture. I'm intrigued about these previously unseen numbers - as well as a good footballer, he must be an incredible exploratory mathematician to have discovered unknown numbers
If you look at the post, it says Howes interview on Mason Cox's podcast.

Like I said, you're not obliged to read it. It's what a team mate has said, not a journo who doesn't have a clue what's going on behind the scenes. Howe would know better than anyone how another team mate in rehab has been travelling, and considering many supporters on here have asked if Lippa is match fit and ready to come in, I'd consider it very relevant & newsworthy.

But if you want to call positive feedback about an inclusion for this week's match, coming from a team mate as fluff, then I'm not sure how you decipher fact from fiction. Particularly when it backs up what our coach has also been saying.
Our coach had said it. I believed him. I have pencilled Lipinski into the team. To be honest, I reckon a teammate is as likely to give a dishonest answer as a journalist, if for no other reason than he is afraid of saying the wrong thing, and players these days are all taught to say the least that can be uttered using the greatest number of words, without actually ever answering the question. Howe could have suggested that Lipinski had been resurrected from the dead and rolled the stone away himself in order to get back on the field. All I care is whether or not he is playing. I will tell you at half time if he is 'punching out numbers the like of which have never been seen before'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back