Strategy Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 15 vs. Adelaide, MCG Sun 25/06, 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cameron took a bunch of nice marks - defensively especially, but also in attack.

I don't think he was that bad.

In fact, I reckon if he hadn't had to leave the ground with the blood rule twice near the end, we win.

I'll be surprised if he's dropped

He took some strong grabs, he was just poor in the contest but that seemed like a bloke who is still trying find his touch. Anyone saying he is droppable needs to get their head in the game.

Has Ginny played a good game against a top 4 side before?
He's played well against sides in the top 8. I'm not sure exactly where sides were sitting on the ladder every time we played them. I just think he would have been handy on Monday when a few of those balls which were intended for Checkers fell to the ground.

Frampton didn't ever seem to have an opponent. I assumed he was there to play fairly tightly on a gorilla, perhaps that young high marking guy in this case who kicked goals for Melbourne in the last quarter the previous week. If Frampton's role is to play loose in defence, there doesn't seem much point playing him. Others play that role better than him.
He saved a number of what looked like certain marks, one to Grundy I recall in the third looked certain and he got there and punched it clear.

Sometimes on TV, like in his first match back, commentators rave about his effort and influence while on the BF game thread he is being sledged mercilessly.
He just looks a bit goofy and gumbyish.

I know that suckers me into not rating him.

Pulling the shorts down all the time revealing those yellow tinged undies wouldn't win him many fans either.
It's very strange. He's got 80,000 watching and he's pulling his pants down to show off his undies and they're ugly beige things. Keep him away from overcoats and public parks.

Kicked 3 in the semi v Freo (then 2.2 in the wet in WA) who were 5th on the ladder last year.
3 v port last year, who werent as good as they are now, but not too bad
3 v richmond

Yeah, he was good in the Freo game.

Richmond and Port were average last year.

I'm just concerned about his impact in the really big games. I rate him highly, i just don't see him being best 23 in the back half of the year, with 5 big inclusions on the cusp of returning.

It's very strange. He's got 80,000 watching and he's pulling his pants down to show off his undies. Keep him away from overcoats and public parks.
They are not even nice undies. The Gimp would have made an occasion out of pulling the shorts down by wearing bright and multi coloured undies like the coloured socks he so treasured. If the Gimp had been Cameron, he'd have carefully selected coloured boots too to compliment the undies, all brand name stuff reflecting his class. Not to mention the scents he would be spreading about as he flailed about in the clearances.

They are not even nice undies. The Gimp would have made an occasion out of pulling the shorts down by wearing bright and multi coloured undies like the coloured socks he so treasured. If the Gimp had been Cameron, he'd have carefully selected coloured boots too to compliment the undies, all brand name stuff reflecting his class. Not to mention the scents he would be spreading about as he flailed about in the clearances.
I think "Check out my dirty looking beige undies" may have distracted his opponent the first few times, but he needs some new material - both in terms of his undies and distraction methods.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They must just be his lucky undies. I'd be surprised if he didn't wash them 😆

Funny thing you mention the Great Gimp, for some reason I was thinking about him today.

An understatement what Im going to say..... geez I wish he could be here to see the Pies success/progression to date. Not to mention his contribution to the Pies/Blues thread re: who finishes higher on the ladder

Funny thing you mention the Great Gimp, for some reason I was thinking about him today.

An understatement what Im going to say..... geez I wish he could be here to see the Pies success/progression to date. Not to mention his contribution to the Pies/Blues thread re: who finishes higher on the ladder
I miss him so much. He cut through bull s**t like no one else on this forum and was just wonderful company behind the scenes too. He would have loved being around to see us doing so well. We will never again see his like. He was unique.

Everyone in the gameday thread was mad at our forwards for not leading at the ball. I think this is where we missed Elliot & Ginni - who tend to lead at the kicker. AJ is the same, but couldn’t hold onto marks.
We missed WHE as well who usually plays that role but was moved to the wing. Also think we missed the competitiveness that Elliott and Adams (spent more time in the midfield in De Goey’s absence) brings.

I would have liked Reef to play that role but it seems our club are intent on him being a deep forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back