Strategy Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 13 vs. Melbourne, MCG Mon 12/06, 3:20pm BIG FREEZE

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Stewart got 4 weeks for worse last year. Would you sack him if he was in our side?
Tom Stewart is not in our team. I also know of no priors of concern regarding OS misdemeanours etc. The answer is no, as it would be to De Goey. I would not sack anyone who can genuinely play football. Doesn't stop me getting frustrated when each year they find a way to tarnish their image and get suspended by the club or AFL. For the purpose of this thread, the argument has been about whether De Goey deserves extra time on his break. Might answer is no to this too.

Tom Stewart is not in our team. I also know of no priors of concern regarding OS misdemeanours etc. The answer is no, as it would be to De Goey. I would not sack anyone who can genuinely play football. Doesn't stop me getting frustrated when each year they find a way to tarnish their image and get suspended by the club or AFL. For the purpose of this thread, the argument has been about whether De Goey deserves extra time on his break. Might answer is no to this too.
In the unlikely event he screws up again I’ll be right with you but let’s give him the benefit of the doubt. This was a football incident that happens a lot and the media pile on has been nothing short of ridiculous

In the unlikely event he screws up again I’ll be right with you but let’s give him the benefit of the doubt. This was a football incident that happens a lot and the media pile on has been nothing short of ridiculous
I will give him the benefit of the doubt - no problem with that - but I will not give him extra holiday time to go OS. He can stay and train and support the boys, and take his break when they take theirs.

Can't see a problem why someone on probably $800000 a year who has made a bad error of judgement on the field be required to train and support his mates then take his break along with them when the time comes.
Normal procedure I would think. If our players are afforded the luxury of going anywhere they please than Jordy can do the same.
Club training altogether is imperative.
Fly is probably thinking along these lines.
I'd be disappointed if he was not.

I will give him the benefit of the doubt - no problem with that - but I will not give him extra holiday time to go OS. He can stay and train and support the boys, and take his break when they take theirs.
We'd be better off with him taking the break immediately, so that he can come back earlier and have a longer fitness block during his suspension. That's what I'd be pushing for if I was the club.

We'd be better off with him taking the break immediately, so that he can come back earlier and have a longer fitness block during his suspension. That's what I'd be pushing for if I was the club.
Trust in Fly - believe me

Hi I’m travelling to Melbourne this weekend to watch afl , only tickets I cannot get is this game. If anyone has any for sale please let me know thanks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back