Strategy Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 13 vs. Melbourne, MCG Mon 12/06, 3:20pm BIG FREEZE

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our coach had said it. I believed him. I have pencilled Lipinski into the team. To be honest, I reckon a teammate is as likely to give a dishonest answer as a journalist, if for no other reason than he is afraid of saying the wrong thing, and players these days are all taught to say the least that can be uttered using the greatest number of words, without actually ever answering the question. Howe could have suggested that Lipinski had been resurrected from the dead and rolled the stone away himself in order to get back on the field. All I care is whether or not he is playing. I will tell you at half time if he is 'punching out numbers the like of which have never been seen before'.
Okay....I only posted because it was about one of our players, there is a reference to the podcast he spoke on about a variety of things, if you're not interested, don't read it, don't listen to the podcast, I didn't send it directly to you.

...are you a bit testy because we're up against the Great Grundy on Monday?

Why would he stuff up? It’s been a year. He has matured since.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Didn't he actually head overseas during last off-season? No incident, came back fit and firing. The penny has dropped and i highly doubt the way he looks up to Fly that he'd possibly let him down.

Didn't he actually head overseas during last off-season? No incident, came back fit and firing. The penny has dropped and i highly doubt the way he looks up to Fly that he'd possibly let him down.

Yup. Was in Bali. Did a fitness program there and came back fitter than before. The penny def has dropped. We shouldn’t worry every time he goes somewhere

Willing to bet that full understanding of Ts&Cs signed off for last contract would have any further off field indiscretions highlighted for all involved.

Think he’s matured any ways and the penny has dropped as to which side to stand on.

Also think him and Fly (along with many others in the playing group if not all), don’t want to let each other down.

IF he does stuff it up he be Gone I reckon
Stuff what up? The anxiety around a trip that hasn’t even been locked in yet, let alone destructive behaviour, is maddening. There’s a line on JDG’s behaviour going way back that is constantly thrown up on for no apparent reason (by this I mean every “indiscretion” since 2020 has been blown out of proportion) and I can’t believe how many “supporters” buy into it. Piers Morgan oh sorry I mean Kane Cornes lives for razzing people like you up.

I doubt that it's to do with penny's dropping but rather exercising a greater degree of control over the camera functions of his mobile phone. I don't give a s**t what Jordy does here or overseas, as long as he keeps it to himself.

Stop it with the fluff Jen 😂
Couldn't agree more. It might be a fluff and feel good world we live in, but I would rather just deal with cold, hard reality. Not some teammate seeking to pump up another player's tyres to create a bit of positive PR. Let his boots do the talking next Monday and we will judge whether he has in fact discovered previously unknown numbers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yup. Was in Bali. Did a fitness program there and came back fitter than before. The penny def has dropped. We shouldn’t worry every time he goes somewhere

If the penny had finally dropped, De Goey wouldn't have shirt fronted in a nothing game when he could have tackled. Perhaps some pennies have dropped, but not all of them. I still would not be giving him a days more leave than any other player on the list.

Couldn't agree more. It might be a fluff and feel good world we live in, but I would rather just deal with cold, hard reality. Not some teammate seeking to pump up another player's tyres to create a bit of positive PR. Let his boots do the talking next Monday and we will judge whether he has in fact discovered previously unknown numbers.
I was being sarcastic Great Grundy. I love the fluff.

If the penny had finally dropped, De Goey wouldn't have shirt fronted in a nothing game when he could have tackled. Perhaps some pennies have dropped, but not all of them. I still would not be giving him a days more leave than any other player on the list.
You must never make mistakes in your job. This was split second stuff, was supposed to be a bump and you can see that. It wasn't the snipe that you saw with K.Pickett.

You must never make mistakes in your job. This was split second stuff, was supposed to be a bump and you can see that. It wasn't the snipe that you saw with K.Pickett.
Name another player in our team who has received a three week suspension this year? Everyone in the team makes split second decisions only some make much better and more sensible decisions in the context than De Goey.

The cold hard reality is we're all going to die at some point.

Fluff is what decorates the pathway to the mausoleum.

I doubt that it's to do with penny's dropping but rather exercising a greater degree of control over the camera functions of his mobile phone. I don't give a s**t what Jordy does here or overseas, as long as he keeps it to himself.
Ok well that too. I just tend to be a glass slightly full type operator

The cold hard reality is we're all going to die at some point.

Fluff is what decorates the pathway to the mausoleum.
If fluff is all we want or get on our journey to the mausoleum, we are going to be in for one hell of a shock when forced to deal with death after a lifetime protected by fluff wrapping. We need more than a bit of reality along the journey to prepare us for the final reckoning. A head full of fluff is hardly going to help me deal with the reality of cancer and a few years to live. On the other hand, being suddenly removed by a stroke or heart attack after a lifetime of fluff accumulation might well be the way to go. All depends on your final moments - whether the end is short, sharp and relatively benign, or lingering for years with your head overflowing with fluff that in no ways helps you deal with a slow and painful death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back