Strategy Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 13 vs. Melbourne, MCG Mon 12/06, 3:20pm BIG FREEZE

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So listening to fly today it seems certain Lippa comes in and Elliot if fit. Even if Dan is fit he should play VFL, wasn’t in great form when injured and our forwards are doing well atm. Honestly can’t see how Dan improves us, AJ is having a very good season, Checkers is having a career best and Coxy in the second ruck/forward role is also playing some of the best footy of his career. I’m happy, don’t mess with what’s working. Billy in for HH, Lippa for Jordy with JC and Finn ready for WHE or others in doubt.

I like having these issues with selection it’s been a while. Others years it’s been which spud has to play. What’s going to happen when Howie gets back and Jordy from his mid season break. Good times ahead.
I think some are a bit harsh on Dan. He only really got to play 2 matches in the preferred position and forward structure of what Fly most likely envisaged when he recruited him. And we kicked a lot of goals in those games.

I think some are a bit harsh on Dan. He only really got to play 2 matches in the preferred position and forward structure of what Fly most likely envisaged when he recruited him. And we kicked a lot of goals in those games.

His game against Brisbane was extremely disappointing. Didn't even contest some balls, dropped his head. I think that's why A lot of people aren't desperate to rush him back in.

His game against Brisbane was extremely disappointing. Didn't even contest some balls, dropped his head. I think that's why A lot of people aren't desperate to rush him back in.
He was in the ruck against Lions. Not in the forward line as he had been the previous two weeks as part of the forward structure, which would have been Fly's preference when he was recruited.

And besides, almost every Pie player had a poor game that night against the Lions.

And let's face it, plenty of people had Dan as the new whipping boy before he'd played his first match.

It beats watching Ben Reid break down in his third VFL game after playing half games for the previous two.
Precisely! Senior AFL talents returning from soft tissue injury’s going out to windswept quagmires was a recipe for disaster and never set them up to play their best footy.

Precisely! Senior AFL talents returning from soft tissue injury’s going out to windswept quagmires was a recipe for disaster and never set them up to play their best footy.
And this week is one of the worst - Casey Fffffffields

Let’s hope Jordy doesn’t go to America or to Bali.They seem to be the two biggest trouble spots for him.Why doesn’t he go on holidays somewhere nice and quiet like Macquarie Island?I hear it’s very nice this time of year.

I’d love to see the megaherbs on Macquarie Island, but I doubt it’s on Jordy’s bucket list.🙃

He wont be playing Monday. How anyone thinks Melbourne will get near us is crazy. They've been putrid for a month

And we’ve won the last four out of five games against them. While I’d hate to anger the footy gods with this prediction, I think we’ll win easily.

Also, we still haven't punished them enough for Langdon’s ‘all duck and no dinner’ comment last year. I have a long memory for slights against us.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And we’ve won the last four out of five games against them. While I’d hate to anger the footy gods with this prediction, I think we’ll win easily.

Also, we still haven't punished them enough for Langdon’s ‘all duck and no dinner’ comment last year. I have a long memory for slights against us.
They’ve been ordinary the past month. That snooze fest against Carlton last Friday night was abysmal. I can’t see how they kick a score against us

Let’s hope Jordy doesn’t go to America or to Bali.They seem to be the two biggest trouble spots for him.Why doesn’t he go on holidays somewhere nice and quiet like Macquarie Island?I hear it’s very nice this time of year.
I can just see him going on a geological study trip down there.

His holiday time. His choice. Good luck to him wherever he goes. Hope he has fun and keeps himself fit. Do you know that he spent a fair bit of the recent clean slate off season in Bali?

His holiday time. His choice. Good luck to him wherever he goes. Hope he has fun and keeps himself fit. Do you know that he spent a fair bit of the recent clean slate off season in Bali?
Perhaps it wasn't so clean slate. Maybe he just wasn't caught. Doesn't really matter. His holiday, his time, his camera not recording for public consumption.

I wouldn't be surprised if we trial all the talls. An experiment we havent done, or planned for; but may be one we are tempted to do. Not sure how it'll work, but we'll see.

It's more than worth a go. McStay is quite mobile for a big fella so i'd be interested to see how he would go alongside Coxy, Checkers and Johnson up forward.

Yeah his approach to the ruck was flat out strange. Just standing there while big O just smacked the aggot forward.

Although not dominant in the first 2 weeks, our forward line functioned really well.

I don't think we lose much, and in fact could gain from bringing McStay in for Ginny either this week or after the bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back