List Mgmt. 2019 Fremantle F.C. Player Numbers (Update: Numbers Issued!)

Does jumper #29 come out of retirement for 2019?

• Yes

Votes: 40 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 20 33.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow, surprised more people want to see 29 come out of retirement than not. I think out of this and last years trade-ins / draftees one of Cerra / Brayshaw are probably more worthy of it, although I'd rather wait for someone with real thighs comes along.

Keep 29 retired

Can’t see Freo giving Hogan it, already getting g dumb interview questions asking and comparing him to the great Pav, him being our new saviour. He’s already said he wants to be his own player, write his own legacy. It’s a no for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep 29 retired

Can’t see Freo giving Hogan it, already getting g dumb interview questions asking and comparing him to the great Pav, him being our new saviour. He’s already said he wants to be his own player, write his own legacy. It’s a no for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree. Too heavy a weight of expectations on the one hand, and casting off a fantastic history in our legendary Pav. Clubs that aim to have significance should honour their history while upcomers write new chapters.

has to be the dumbest thing changing numbers, stick with the one you were drafted in and make it your own!! its just a number after all!
The way i look at it is locker positions, wouldn't mind Hogan between Fyfe and Cerra soaking in their professionalism

If its just a number then roll through as many as you can in your career.

Not many other clubs retire numbers. Off the top of my head, and I could be wrong, I think only Collingwood has retired Mullane's 44, and North recently retired Brent campaignerface Harvey's 29. It's not exactly glowing company to be in...

Farmer was my favourite Freo player ever so it was on that basis I chose Sutty in the 2011 buddy draft :'(

definitely agree that #33 needs to go back to someone with flair and godly skills. if we get Hill it seems a match made in heaven.
He was my favourite too, had 33 on the back of my guernsey and even named my dog Jeffrey haha

why should we care what other clubs do?

Not saying we should. Just that it’s not a football thing. Have any WAFL teams retired numbers? IMHO its an American basketball thing and a bit naff. Give 29 to pick 14.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Farmer wore 7 for a year and then switched to 33. Somewhere between Farmer and Sutcliffe, Number 33 was passed to Bucovaz.Cl

I like the growing cult of the 1st name for No 26. Clive, Kepler, Ed.

Back