Toast 2019 Hall of Fame and Season Launch Wed 6th March 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Random comment here, but I reckon George took number 4 guernsey when Dwayne Russell moved to Geelong.

Correct, I remember George running around in the seconds wearing number 32, at the time it looked like he was destined to be just not quite good enough for league football but the career he ended up having is a tribute to his tenacity and drive to never give up, absolutely got the best out of himself.
Played in an era when people idolised that guernsey and would give anything just to play 1 league game.
Well done George, legend.

Loved Georges chat with Dwayne (could see they were mates with a lot of love for each other and the club) real genuine affection and a great speech that took me on a journey and made me reflect.

Made me think of how lucky I have been as a Port supporter and how much George and his cohorts have been a part of that,

Thank you George. Thank you for the joy.

Also made me think of how much I want that joy for my boys. Carn lads time for another flag.

And all the best to Batman.

Well done to Kane as well. A brilliant footballer. How a 4 time BnF, 2 time AA and within a bees whisker of a Norm Smith Medal could be underrated but he was and is. Fantastic player for our club.

Found an error in Kanes video. They have a photo of Michael Wilson tackling Dean Kemp. Looks like Kane but the 15 on the back should have given it away

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Found an error in Kanes video. They have a photo of Michael Wilson tackling Dean Kemp. Looks like Kane but the 15 on the back should have given it away

Another error was Greg Williams presenting the jumper, but this was before Dwayne put his glasses on. Maybe trying to distance from the Phillips name after his daughter fled to the enemy.

Did lol at George's comment that his son Zane doesn't qualify for Port's multicultural academy because he's not multicultural enough, despite all the racial comments directed at George during his playing career. :D

I still have the Port Power (TM) quilted jacket I bought in 1997 at George's sports shop at West Lakes.

Well done to Kane as well. A brilliant footballer. How a 4 time BnF, 2 time AA and within a bees whisker of a Norm Smith Medal could be underrated but he was and is. Fantastic player for our club.

He wasn't flashy, but you always knew he would do his job to the best of his ability and more often than not, win his battle on the day. His tag on Simon Black in the 04 grand final is arguably the best tag we've seen in the AFL in the last 20 years.

Did lol at George's comment that his son Zane doesn't qualify for Port's multicultural academy because he's not multicultural enough, despite all the racial comments directed at George during his playing career. :D

I still have the Port Power (TM) quilted jacket I bought in 1997 at George's sports shop at West Lakes.
Surely George's son is father son eligible.

Surely!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

When I see Dwayne Russell host these Port Adelaide functions I can forgive him his Fox commentator persona.

You are a nicer more forgiving bloke that I will ever be then.

But you knew that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back