List Mgmt. 2019 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was Tom lynch

Jacobs will be a good pick up for you guys. Is still one of the better tap ruckmen going around so will win his fair share of centre bounce taps to feed your midfield guns. Don't expect too much around the ground from him though.
Ah that's right

Was unexpected that day wasn't it

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He’s definitely an upgrade but he is pretty banged up and his mobility is only fair. He will need support. I think we were looking at Darcy Cameron but he chose the Pies.

I just really dislike our lack of importance for this position, it’s laughable the lack of emphasis we have placed on it re recruitment.
Is it a lack of importance or is it that there just aren’t that many good rucks in the league?

Is it a lack of importance or is it that there just aren’t that many good rucks in the league?
I think that there are a couple of outstanding rucks, a couple of good rucks, and then a lot of ordinary ones. For some reason, unlike almost any other position, there's just a huge differential between the various levels of capability.The tide may turn a more really good ruckmen develop, but they're not there at the moment.

I think that there are a couple of outstanding rucks, a couple of good rucks, and then a lot of ordinary ones. For some reason, unlike almost any other position, there's just a huge differential between the various levels of capability.The tide may turn a more really good ruckmen develop, but they're not there at the moment.
That’s true but those great ones are in the top paid players in their team

We don’t have that kind of cash to splash

We need someone either ima little past their prime or a young kid

That’s just our reality

That’s true but those great ones are in the top paid players in their team

We don’t have that kind of cash to splash

We need someone either ima little past their prime or a young kid

That’s just our reality
Yes, I agree with that. Unfortunately Mummy & Dawson dropped to the bottom of the pile so we need to move back into the ordinary category while we wait and hope that Flynn & Briggs become good or excllent rucks.

Since Shiel left I’ve been thinking who could we trade in or draft to address our clearance speed. We have so many hard nuts, so much outside run and class but where was the agility.

The finals has shown us that player is right under our nose, his name is Zachary Williams.

I absolutely love what this bloke’s speed and skill does for our midfield, he is a point of difference and his flexibility to play all over the ground makes him incredibly valuable.

No doubt he is a jet down back and gives us speed and drive down there but would love to see him played more regularly in the midfield from now on.

He gives us a really different look and it’s really quite scary! Full marks to the coach for identifying this and making this change.

Since Shiel left I’ve been thinking who could we trade in or draft to address our clearance speed. We have so many hard nuts, so much outside run and class but where was the agility.

The finals has shown us that player is right under our nose, his name is Zachary Williams.

I absolutely love what this bloke’s speed and skill does for our midfield, he is a point of difference and his flexibility to play all over the ground makes him incredibly valuable.

No doubt he is a jet down back and gives us speed and drive down there but would love to see him played more regularly in the midfield from now on.

He gives us a really different look and it’s really quite scary! Full marks to the coach for identifying this and making this change.

Agree with Williams going into the mid-field, which then begs the question who do we get to replace him down back? We have Kennedy who has somewhat replaced Wilson, but who to replace Williams as that break-neck speed defender? Is it someone already on the list or do we have to go outside (possibly thinking outside the square?).

Personally I think we could do with one or two more pure speedsters on the list.

Agree with Williams going into the mid-field, which then begs the question who do we get to replace him down back? We have Kennedy who has somewhat replaced Wilson, but who to replace Williams as that break-neck speed defender? Is it someone already on the list or do we have to go outside (possibly thinking outside the square?).

Personally I think we could do with one or two more pure speedsters on the list.
Adrian Caruso was on trade radio last week and he said they weren't looking at running half backs as a point of need this year. It is interesting as I agree with your point that a speedy half back/wing would be a great addition.

Maybe they feel the position is stacked and even if heater goes they might see ward moving back there a little more regularly in the near future.

We looked at Jordan Clark last year but went with Hately.

Clark would have filled that need but I reckon it’s not a difficult position to fill if you really need one, bit like small forwards.

I reckon it’s a position we have flexibility in with Whitfield able to go back and Williams also mixing back and forth.

I think they have Cumming earmarked to be best 22 next year after a lot of development.

He’s not express but is quite a classy player and reminds me a bit of Nick Smith from the Swans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As the dust begins to settle we start looking forward to next season!

I think there are some personnel areas where we can look to bolster, ruck has been widely talked about and it looks like we have signed Jacobs to help there.

The other area I think there should be some focus on is some speed.

I’d love us to have a good look at positioning for a Lachie Ash who is a pretty dynamic running defender. He could create a bit of spark and could also be moved around a bit.

He’s going to fall around pick 6-8 so it would require a trade up which I think we are trying to do given we need to match for Tom Green. If we brought those two in early it would be a nice result.

A guy I like who I think would be cheap to trade in is Jack Petruccelle from West Coast.

He’s lightning quick and although only a moderate kick I think he could help with link play and breaking lines.

He’s a Victorian and I heard might have been keen to get back there but I think he’s worth looking at.

I reckon if we brought him in, put 5kgs on Bobby Hill and have a fit Zac Langdon we would go a fair way towards addressing speed, particularly if we could also draft in a guy like Ash.

Last edited:
As the dust begins to settle we start looking forward to next season!

I think there are some personnel areas where we can look to bolster, ruck has been widely talked about and it looks like we have signed Jacobs to help there.

The other area I think there should be some focus on is some speed.

I’d love us to have a good look at positioning for a Lachie Ash who is a pretty dynamic running defender. He could create a bit of spark and could also be moved around a bit.

He’s going to fall around pick 6-8 so it would require a trade up which I think we are trying to do given we need to match for Tom Green. If we brought those two in early it would be a nice result.

A guy I like who I think would be cheap to trade in is Jack Petruccelle from West Coast.

He’s lightning quick and although only a moderate kick I think he could help with link play and breaking lines.

He’s a Victorian and I heard might have been keen to get back there but I think he’s worth looking at.

I reckon if we brought him in, put 5kgs on Bobby Hill and have a fit Zac Langdon we would go a fair way towards addressing speed, particularly if we could also draft in a guy like Ash.

Yep, been my personal pick for us from the start of the year. If we're too get him we'd have to get the Melbourne or Adelaide pick so it wouldn't be used on Greene, OR do a live trade on the night after the Greene bid. Around the mark a similar player I'd like is Young, rate them similarly and think it'd be a speed vs skill decision, speed favouring Ash and skill/decision making favouring Young. Also wouldn't be unhappy with Gould if he was still around at a pick we had, but don't think he fills the role the way we want/need

Would also like us to look at Josh Shute from SA or Mitch O'Neill from Tasmania as genuine traditional Wingers as I still think it's a position we're light on.

How I see our lineup for next year:

Williams Davis Shaw/cumming
Kennedy Taylor Haynes
Whitfield Taranto Kelly
Daniels Cameron Greene
Hill HH Finlayson
Jacobs Cogs Ward
Hopper DeBoer Hately Perryman

Reid Caldwell Corr Langdon Lloyd Keeffe OHalloran Shipley Sproule

I wouldn’t mind ya bringing in another mature mid like we did with DeBoer... but more for back up.

I wonder if we will pick up another mature ruck?

Surely we aren't going to have mummy go around again..

If Mummy doesn't go around again just as a part time coach and back up then we will need to look at players like Billy Longer and other players that have been delisted.

I read this week that mummy triggered a games clause for another year. So unless he retires, he stays on the list

I read this week that mummy triggered a games clause for another year. So unless he retires, he stays on the list

I don't mind that if he is ruck coach and takes Briggs / Flynn under his wing to fast track Briggs at the start of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back