Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

What I mean is, we would never trade for him when we could have just signed him for free. He has zero value.
Acres isn’t much better

Newnes was RFA and rightfully we told them piss off

Which is the right thing to do, St Kilda would be doing that to try and get out of giving us access to potential elite players. We don't need average players.

Let's get a top ten and a top ten next year.

If it is #10 and future 1st (like most of the media is saying) I will be doing cartwheels, even if we were give back a future 2nd that's great for us.

I don't trust the media at all though. Could just be raising expectations so when we get less than that they can say we screwed up.

I'm expecting more than #6 or more than #12 & #18 but not by huge amounts. Would not surprise me if Bell wants something very specific to work with other trades and the draft.
Yep same is a great result and agree if thst was the case we’d probably have to chuck a second back-whichever of our two future seconds we think will be lower but would definitely be a win for us.

Doubly so when you consider it also gives the golden opportunity to death ride the aints alllllll season long..🤔 actually thinking about it that in itself is almost worth it alone!😂

I don't know where this mentality from St Kilda supporters believe that the transition from pick 6 > 12/18 & returning pick 12/18 for Howard, Ryder & 10 only to on trade 10 & 2020 first rounder is considered a 'master-class'. Ryder is past it and Dougal Howard as good as he is, isn't worth a first round pick. I really find it hard to believe Saints fans are insisting that Fremantle have been completely unreasonable.

Fremantle have been disrespected significantly. I'm not sure If I'm fueled by the manner that the media & Saints have conducted themselves, or by the Saints supporters. Unfortunately, Fremantle have to barter hard. What is the general consensus?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know where this mentality from St Kilda supporters believe that the transition from pick 6 > 12/18 & returning pick 12/18 for Howard, Ryder & 10 only to on trade 10 & 2020 first rounder is considered a 'master-class'. Ryder is past it and Dougal Howard as good as he is, isn't worth a first round pick. I really find it hard to believe Saints fans are insisting that Fremantle have been completely unreasonable.

Fremantle have been disrespected significantly. I'm not sure If I'm fueled by the manner that the media & Saints have conducted themselves, or by the Saints supporters. Unfortunately, Fremantle have to barter hard. What is the general consensus?
At some stage you need to move beyond hitting the draft and balance your list with some mature players who fit needs. I think that is where they see themselves. Possibly the do not rate this draft for their needs.

It can be live traded during the draft. Do you want to give away a top five pick for a pick in the teens this year?
*potential top 5 pick - and if its top 12 then yes.

I dont think we are getting the future 1st now but if we did, I'd see if Sydney want it as a straight swap for 9. Might tempt Essendon a bit more since there is a couple of good KPFs for next year I think

Stuff me these trade periods are useless 2 weeks and notbing happens to last day. These guys must all be incompetent

On SM-A520F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don't get the rush. Things take time, and I find it entertaining. Maybe just tune in half way through the last day and see what has happened.

I don't get the rush. Things take time, and I find it entertaining. Maybe just tune in half way through the last day and see what has happened.
Longer the better for me, it’s not just that trade to be considered but a raft of other considerations.

Patton for future 4th. Will not be surprised in 10 years time some whistleblower will come forward and reveal that many trades done in the past have involved under the table envelopes. Either that or something else under the table.

Longer the better for me, it’s not just that trade to be considered but a raft of other considerations.
Yep, you get to see club strategies for the coming seasons and beyond. Surely Saints are revealing that they consider themselves a serious shot for the finals. We are revealing that we still see ourselves in rebuild mode.

I’d love to see somewhere that we’re into Tom Cutler. I’d be happy with Aish & Cutler coming in & then Menadue in for a future Happy Meal.🍔🍟

Remove this Banner Ad

Back