Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not enough but say you trade down to 36,37 with Geelong for 22, that's enough to match a pick ten bid. A little shocked it hasn't been done as it seems fairly logical to me. Suits both teams massively as Geelong will need to consolidate picks.
If we had to do it, it would be done in live trading we do not know when henry will be bid on if it is after we use all our first round picks then do the trade.

13 not going to the saints as much as they want it
You know that how?

I can understand the Bulldogs pulling out of the multi club trade because the downgrade involves falling from 13 to 23 but falling from 13 to 18 isn’t that significant. We’ll see what happens but no way it will be less than 6 + 2020 3rd.

Media saying at the time that Giants wanted pick 6 for Luke Jackson. I'd be surprised at 6. Know who they are targeting?
I have no idea what the Giants want but I'm willing to bet that Jackson won't be a Giant at 6. They already have 2 pretty good developing ruckmen, they're getting Jacobs and have Mumford as backup. 2-3 years when Jacobs is done Flynn and Briggs (Their 2 ruckmen) will be up and about.

If I had to guess maybe someone like Hayden Young or Lachie Ash? Allows Zac Williams and Lachie Whitfield to make a push into the midfield if need be

It's not enough but say you trade down to 36,37 with Geelong for 22, that's enough to match a pick ten bid. A little shocked it hasn't been done as it seems fairly logical to me. Suits both teams massively as Geelong will need to consolidate picks.
You can trade picks after Wednesday's deadline. I assume they aren't too worried and the pick for pick swaps will be done afterwards.

I’m not sure where your silver lining comes from. You would have to agree this is an absolute doozy if reported correctly.
Time to bring back Gerard Neesham.
What do you mean "if reported correctly"? Nothing has been reported in terms of what is going to be included in the deal?
If you seriously think Bell will let Hill go for 12 alone (after not accepting 6 + more) then I have no hope for you

That’s bs.

English and Grundy went late first round but Jackson will go pick 6.

Maybe we know this and want Jackson. What if we gave Melb a nice easy deal for Langdon, to get the Dees to bid on Green at pick 3? The 20% discount on the bid match would eat GWS pick 6. 👍. No way they don’t match it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d be hopping mad to. This will go down (if reported correctly) as one of the biggest balls ups in trade week, ever. Huffed and puffed then capitulate and take 12. Wow oh wee.

It’s believed the Dockers will now be forced to settle for pick 12 with Browne ruling out any Sam Menegola deal as part of the Hill trade.

You done trolling us on the main board, so you come here for a kick?

* off campaigner.

It’s not going to be pick 12 by itself. Colin just said in that interview Freo want picks for 2019 and St Kilda will need to work hard.

How is giving us 12 alone working hard and multiple picks?????

Good grief some people struggle with basics
Some of our supporters are scarred for life it seems from the bad trades of the past. If only we had some sort of Messiah like figure to lead us out of the darkness, someone short in stature but walks like he's 12 foot tall, someone who know's when to hold em, knows when to fold em, knows when to walk away, know's when to pop the collar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back