Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

So how does the bidding work, if say hawthorn or bulldogs bid on henry at 11 or 13?
We obviously use the next pick, but how do they work out the left over points?
You get the leftover as the equivalent pick i.e if you have 20 points left over you get a pick worth that value back. As far as I recall. I haven't done thesis level research on it.

How do the Saints keep 12 and get 10 without using their 2020 first?

Reckon we are about to get fleeced.
Why would we be getting Fleeced? Bell has delivered last year and is a proven elite negotiator. Saints have done zero trades for players so far with all their huff and puff.

Who would you back in a fight between Mike Tyson & Pee Wee Herman?

Why would we be getting Fleeced? Bell has delivered last year and is a proven elite negotiator. Saints have done zero trades for players so far will all their huff and puff.

Who would you back in a fight between Mike Tyson & Pee Wee Herman?
Saints don't have anything in 2019 worth Hill without getting 13 off the Dogs which apparently isn't happening. They also don't have a lot of 2nd rounders either which could be used to pad the deal.

I am preparing to be underwhelmed.

Saints don't have anything in 2019 worth Hill without getting 13 off the Dogs which apparently isn't happening. They also don't have a lot of 2nd rounders either which could be used to pad the deal.

I am preparing to be underwhelmed.
How about Bruce & Saints 2020 2nd for 13?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They need to replace Shaw.

Young and Ash might be around that pick or possibly Gould.

Whitfield is a free agent next year, so they want Stephens.
You may well be right. I’m in Basel Switzerland at the moment and the local shop keeper just stared at me blankly when I mentioned Jackson might go at 6. 😎

Haven't been following the draft crop this year. Can anyone tell me what WA lads within our grasp are ready to play a AFL season in 2020?

Not interested in project players.

How's that lying campaigner Tom Browne?

They cut all the comments from Young stating that St Kilda had to get the picks to satisfy Bell, and made it sound like Bell had caved
Yeah and claims that Young had to enter the negotiations to achieve an outcome implying that Bell wasn't capable.

Reports were Dogs were defiant about 13. Obviously could change but will have to see it to believe it.
I just dont see how the Dogs get their deals done without coughing up 13. there is no way the Saints take less than 20ish for him.

There is no one that has a low 20s pick that would want their multiple thirds for points

Haven't been following the draft crop this year. Can anyone tell me what WA lads within our grasp are ready to play a AFL season in 2020?

Not interested in project players.
Robertson, Jeremy Sharp, maybe Rivers. We will get liam Ryan as well, but he may take a little while.

I'm kind of hoping it is true. Jackson is going to take a while to develop - I'm also not sure we have the space to develop another young ruck. Think we need players who can debut next year.
Sturt, Dixon, Valante, and maybe even North (if he hangs on to a spot) should all feel like "new" recruits next year (ie, should be pushing for senior time). When/if those guys push through there should be enough space to develop a legtimate talent in the 2s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back