Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

It sounds like the Hill deal has been done independent of any deal with Port, and the only team with any pick around what we need that's not currently in negotiations about their first pick is North. Just speculating, but maybe 8, 18 and 27 for hill and 22? North get 12 and 22 for 8 and 27, saints get hill for 12 and 18. Maybe north getting a future late pick from us to get it over the line. Just speculating.
Don't think that is enough for North to move out of the top 10. My only fear is we don't end up with 2-3 picks in the 30's or 40's somehow, need as many as we can in the top 25.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With that we can get Pick 7: Dylan Stephens, Pick 10: Dev Robertson Pick 13: Trent Rivers/Luke Jackson

Good haul
Media saying at the time that Giants wanted pick 6 for Luke Jackson. I'd be surprised at 6. Know who they are targeting?

Media saying at the time that Giants wanted pick 6 for Luke Jackson. I'd be surprised at 6. Know who they are targeting?
I'm kind of hoping it is true. Jackson is going to take a while to develop - I'm also not sure we have the space to develop another young ruck. Think we need players who can debut next year.

I was either cool with Bell making a stand and making the Saints pay the value of a 900k salary player or wait till his contract expires, or accept pick 6 and a 2nd/3rd rounder which I personally would have done.

Anything in between is a failure. You don't bluff if you aren't prepared to be called.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back